SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune! - Page 11 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #101
trackhermit
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 82003
What I Drive: 02' Silver SVT

Points 184, Level 3
Points: 184, Level: 3 Points: 184, Level: 3 Points: 184, Level: 3
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 trackhermit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1. FSWerks (Randy)
2. SCT Livewire
3. $499 w/ tune.
4. I've had the tune since Feb.
5. I love the Tune it runs great with it. A noticeable difference in power and I raised the rev limit to my liking 7.8k.. which I hardly go that high. Also RPM idle is 1k for my all three motor mounts to help with vibration.
6. I ordered a few things from Randy and Matt one of his employees at FSWerks.. I was greatly impressed with the asstiance during the transaction and all the information that was provided.
7. No Dyno's yet.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #102
s0B0Ta
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109940
What I Drive: 02 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 s0B0Ta Good Standing Member
1. Toms Tune
2. SCT xCal
3. $150 for tune, $120 for SCT (eBay)
4. Since Feb, 2013
5. After 7 tune files, i found the best one for my SVT. Not everyone has the same setup and not every SVT runs the same, but this tune works best in my SVT. Low end pickup is much better over stock and the DSI kicks in sooner and gives you better torque at lower RPMs. I could never drive my SVT on stock tune ever again...
6. Tom is helpful and understanding, and i'm sure he has plenty of others to tune so keeping that in mind, he's pretty good with the SVTs. I'll tune my Turbo SVT with him too.
7. No dyno yet.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #103
limeyrider
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35376
What I Drive: 2004 SVT, infrared, '72 Bonny 650

Points 459, Level 9
Points: 459, Level: 9 Points: 459, Level: 9 Points: 459, Level: 9
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 limeyrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0B0Ta View Post
1. Toms Tune
2. SCT xCal
3. $150 for tune, $120 for SCT (eBay)
4. Since Feb, 2013
5. After 7 tune files, i found the best one for my SVT. Not everyone has the same setup and not every SVT runs the same, but this tune works best in my SVT. Low end pickup is much better over stock and the DSI kicks in sooner and gives you better torque at lower RPMs. I could never drive my SVT on stock tune ever again...
6. Tom is helpful and understanding, and i'm sure he has plenty of others to tune so keeping that in mind, he's pretty good with the SVTs. I'll tune my Turbo SVT with him too.
7. No dyno yet.
Does your tune have a specific file name/number or is it custom just for your car?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #104
s0B0Ta
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109940
What I Drive: 02 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 s0B0Ta Good Standing Member
Custom filename with my name on it, just for my programmer.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #105
Kling
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103068
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Kling Good Standing Member
1. Turbo Tom
2. SCT Xcal3
3. $419
4. 9 Months
5. The install was intimidating at first, but was alot easier then I thought it would be. Torque comes sooner, much more responsive, 2-3mpg boost. I noticed a big difference in responsiveness as I pulled out of my driveway. By far the best mod for an SVT, or really any car.
6. Tom was very helpful over the phone and was able to answer any questions I had. He's very knowledgeable and is willing to help you. Shipping was sluggish, taking 12 days for my Xcal3 to arrive. I live in SE Michigan.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #106
rent
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12823
What I Drive: 03' SVTF

Points 638, Level 12
Points: 638, Level: 12 Points: 638, Level: 12 Points: 638, Level: 12
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 rent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Talking Should have been the first thing I ever did...

1. Turbo Tom (Focus-Power)
2. SCT XCal 3
3. $150, acquired the XCal 3 seperately
4. 1 Week
5. Read the process on the website and here. I'm not a stranger to using a ODB II scanner, but the XCal has its quirks. Initially I was going to use an XCal 2, but the unit was having some issues, so I got the 3 and went from there. I was worried that it would have issues loading/flashing, but I had no issues at all. Keep in mind, flashing the car takes about 10 minutes.

Differences in the car : Without having much done to my SVT, I can say that the immediate difference in low and mid range power is very noticeable. I can leave the car in 4th or 5th and not be itching to hit 2nd or 3rd for passing. The higher rev limit is nice, allows the car to stay in the powerband longer. Taking off from a stop in 1st no longer has any bog. Mileage is better, but I haven't gone through an entire tank of gas yet. Looking like I'll gain at least 2 mpg in mixed driving conditions (and I have a heavy right foot...)

Issues : None to speak of. The car just runs and feels better.

Datalogging : just call Tom, he can set you up real quick. Speaking of...

6. I've heard both sides of the fence when it comes to tuning. When it came down to picking someone, I went with a recommendation from an experienced local SVT owner. Tom was always able to get back to me within a few hours (even with some personal business going on in his side of things) and he always gets back to you in whatever method you specify. I spoke with him several times on the phone to get datalogging setup and my experience was a good one. When I start seeking boost, I already know where I'm going to go.

Tom will make recommendations on your setup too - but he isn't overbearing about it.

If you do one thing to your SVT, let it be this.

'03 SVTF *FOR SALE*
'14 FoST Ingot Silver, bone stock...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.