Need help quick W.O.T. switch - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-02-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
Knuckles899
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3229
What I Drive: 2002 1/2 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Knuckles899 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Need help quick W.O.T. switch

Im putting my nitrous on and i just cant figure out were to mount my wide open throttle switch, i know i either goes on the throttle body or under your gas pedal but there is seriously no where to mount it up at. Does anyone whos running a WOT switch with a digital camera have a picture or a detailed answere where i can mount it up at.

thanks for your help all and quick replies

Brandon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
Knuckles899
Focus Addict

Never mind im sick of messing with this. It makes me mad i can see how everything works and gets hooked up but little stuff like this that make me rethink if i even want nitrous. Im gonna give it to a shop to mess with instead of me.

Just curious tho would anyone be interested in a brand new never used nitrous express kit with a rpm window switch and a zex bottle heater, i would like to get at least $650 for it i paid over $750 for it.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #3
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Oh stop getting so frustrated !! Just to make you feel better, the WOT switch is ALWAYS the biggest pain for almost all installs.( Okay a few are really easy). I can give you detailed instructions. It is done differently on a 65 mm TB than on a stock TB. Which do you have??
Old 02-02-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
Knuckles899
Focus Addict

lol thanks Viney its just that i planned on today being the day i was going to put my nitrous kit on and go pick up my spare engine and start building that one up so i started thinking if i could sell my nitrous kit i could get a nice set of pistons or rods.

But i have the stock throttle body right now. I was also thinking that, is the WOT switch sealed enough to not go to crap the first time it gets a little wet, i can probobly seal it with some type of sealer if necessary.

Thanks Viney

Brandon.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
viney266
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Oh my switch has been on there for over a year, and one on a motorcycle for about 4 years with no problems. Besides if the switch fails it doesn't hurt anything it just doesn't work. And Radio shack will sell you a new one for about 5 bucks.

I have taken my old bracket off my stock TB, let me go down to the garage and see if I can find it. The stock TB is easier to mount than a 65mm, the 65mm is a true pain, I actually made a bracket out of the piece they send you with the kit, some cutting and bending..Let me see if I can find my old bracket, I'll try to get you an answer or a pic later tonight.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #6
Knuckles899
Focus Addict

bump....................Viney
Old 02-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #7
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Crap...totally slipped my mine last night, I will go out to the garage NOW and find that piece for you, be back in a few

Bookmarks & Social Networks