14.3 @ 100 mph - 2013 Focus ST - SCT Tune Only - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
Fahad_H
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83406
Location: Las Vegas - Dubai - Dammam, United States
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 Fahad_H Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
14.3 @ 100 mph - 2013 Focus ST - SCT Tune Only

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


First time at track with my Focus, and first time driving FWD at a strip.

Had SCT custom tune for 98 Ron by Torrie

Milage: 5,000 miles

achieved best time of 14.3 at 100 with traction control off, crazy wheel spin at high rpm.

60 ft was around 2.3. I will try to launch better next time.

also experimented with shift points, it seems i get the best speed at 6,500 RPM.

tire pressure was 25psi

Thank you


Fahad_H is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
gun_runner
Focus Enthusiast
 
gun_runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91693
Location: Monrovia, CA
What I Drive: 2000, Dirt Metallic, Kona ZX3

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 gun_runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hahaha, that honda was hilarious.

For regular tires, the best setup that both my father and i have had at the drag strip is 18psi, do a second gear burnout in the water box, and roll out of it. once you are on dry pavement again, do a 1st gear short burnout to dry off the tires, and get em just a little more warm. this should allow you to launch at a considerably higher rpm.

2.3 second 60 foot is a bit too high, even for street tires. I am able to get almost a 2 second 60 with a very lightly modified mk1 when i was running 45 series tires on stock 16"s.

My dad drives a mid 11 second, 400 horsepower dodge omni, and even with that much power, is able to pull about a 1.9 60 foot time. We wont talk about when he puts the slicks on.... just take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhmAp6kgI_0
__________________
I can re-drill the hubs and rotors/drums on your mk1 or mk2 focus to accept 5x108 or 4x100 wheels for only $120!!! http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323550
gun_runner is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
UltegraSTI
Focus Enthusiast
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Fan#: 466
Location: earth, Not Listed
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow Honey

Posts: 332
FF Reputation: 1 UltegraSTI Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Eleanor Rigby lol
__________________
2001 EggYolk Yellow Focus
14.90 @90.24mph
Best Trap: 91.75mph
UltegraSTI is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Slo86GT
Focus Addict
 
Slo86GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88885
Location: Hockley, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

Posts: 806
FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Those ST's make ome badass torque... Try shifting around 6k or perhaps less in the higher gears and see what she'll do for you. Pretty decent time regardless.
__________________
2013 Focus SE 5M Daily Driver
2003 Mustang GT V8/Auto Wife's Daily
1986 Mustang GT V8/5M Toy
- Jody -
Slo86GT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
CRP16
Focus Enthusiast
 
CRP16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105951
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 PB ST3

Posts: 85
FF Reputation: 1 CRP16 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for sharing the video. I'm looking forward to a few 1/4 mile passes this summer.
__________________
2013 Focus ST3 - Performance Blue - MBRP 3" catback
2013 Focus SE Black Package 5M - Tuxedo Black
2013 Mustang GT/CS 6M 3.73 - SOLD
2012 Mustang V6/PP 6M - SOLD
CRP16 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
codices
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
codices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Fan#: 118513
Location: Northeast, OH
What I Drive: 2007 CD-Silver ZX3

Posts: 27
FF Reputation: 1 codices Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice. My '13 MS3 ran a 14.5 @ 100.5.
codices is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic
 
SlickWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116476
Location: Orlando, FL
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

Posts: 1,827
FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun_runner View Post
Hahaha, that honda was hilarious.

For regular tires, the best setup that both my father and i have had at the drag strip is 18psi, do a second gear burnout in the water box, and roll out of it. once you are on dry pavement again, do a 1st gear short burnout to dry off the tires, and get em just a little more warm. this should allow you to launch at a considerably higher rpm.

2.3 second 60 foot is a bit too high, even for street tires. I am able to get almost a 2 second 60 with a very lightly modified mk1 when i was running 45 series tires on stock 16"s.

My dad drives a mid 11 second, 400 horsepower dodge omni, and even with that much power, is able to pull about a 1.9 60 foot time. We wont talk about when he puts the slicks on.... just take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhmAp6kgI_0
A 1.9 is dog slow for a 400 hp car, even if it was having traction issues a low experience racer should be able to control it.

14.3 is not a bad time, I believe that's what C-F-M's ran with mods.
__________________
'09 SES -FRPP Suspension - Massive Rear Toe Arms - Stalled - NitrousExpress 40HP Wet Shot
SlickWilly is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
gun_runner
Focus Enthusiast
 
gun_runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91693
Location: Monrovia, CA
What I Drive: 2000, Dirt Metallic, Kona ZX3

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 gun_runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
A 1.9 is dog slow for a 400 hp car, even if it was having traction issues a low experience racer should be able to control it.



14.3 is not a bad time, I believe that's what C-F-M's ran with mods.

Have you ever launched a 400 hp front wheel drive car on street tires???? Even with slicks it is a chore to launch a car with that much horsepower that only weighs 2400 lbs.

The car pulls a 1.6 second 60 foot time on slicks, but you can't get anywhere near that on street tires.
__________________
I can re-drill the hubs and rotors/drums on your mk1 or mk2 focus to accept 5x108 or 4x100 wheels for only $120!!! http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323550
gun_runner is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #9
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic
 
SlickWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116476
Location: Orlando, FL
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

Posts: 1,827
FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I was thinking the Omni as a totally different car, but now that I think of it yeah my buddy had one, little tiny things. I was thinking big muscle car at first, I was going to say my stock 94 Z28 ran a 14.4 w/ 1.867 '60, so that makes more sense now.

To answer your question, I have attempted to drive a unknown power Integra, and I merely saw attempt because it drove me everywhere it wanted to go. I don't know much about what was done to it other then a 50 trim, 32lb's of boost, drag radials, K20 motor, some trans with a really good LSD. Just riding it made your knees wobble.
__________________
'09 SES -FRPP Suspension - Massive Rear Toe Arms - Stalled - NitrousExpress 40HP Wet Shot
SlickWilly is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
gun_runner
Focus Enthusiast
 
gun_runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91693
Location: Monrovia, CA
What I Drive: 2000, Dirt Metallic, Kona ZX3

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 gun_runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
I was thinking the Omni as a totally different car, but now that I think of it yeah my buddy had one, little tiny things. I was thinking big muscle car at first, I was going to say my stock 94 Z28 ran a 14.4 w/ 1.867 '60, so that makes more sense now.



To answer your question, I have attempted to drive a unknown power Integra, and I merely saw attempt because it drove me everywhere it wanted to go. I don't know much about what was done to it other then a 50 trim, 32lb's of boost, drag radials, K20 motor, some trans with a really good LSD. Just riding it made your knees wobble.

Honest mistake

Yah, this car puts out 387 hp to the wheels, and 403 tq. It's at full boost, but nice thing is that it is a 2.5 bored .040 over and is ported by hand, so even with a gt30, it has no lag at all. Could be faster, but he tunes it to still be CA smog legal, and still has power steering, A/C, and cruise control with full interior. He does however put a cat with a 3" pipe straight through it so he doesn't melt the cat between smogs.

He wanted to build a car like the st, but when he saw the weight, he just said forget it.
__________________
I can re-drill the hubs and rotors/drums on your mk1 or mk2 focus to accept 5x108 or 4x100 wheels for only $120!!! http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323550
gun_runner is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.