NOS 'Sneaky Pete' (25-30hp) System Advice - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-27-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
02SVTFOCI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 147
What I Drive: 02 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 02SVTFOCI Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
NOS 'Sneaky Pete' (25-30hp) System Advice

Looking for advice.........First off, my main objective is to eventually incorporate this N2O system with a DYI Turbo Kit from Tom but I'm on a smaller budget at the moment plus using the car as a daily driver (here is where I ask that the comments about leaving N2O out of the equation are kept of this thread as I am really out out for information as opposed to opinion about why I shouldn't.)

Currently, the mods I have (some have yet to be installed but will be before installing the N2O.) CAI (Custom), FC 65mm TB, FC ORP, Iridium or Silver Plugs - if I can find some (one step colder) AEM Exhaust cam gear (retard the timing if applicable although I've read that it's one degree for every 50hp so this may be overkill), A/F Mixture guage, Nitrous Pressure guage and EGT guage (some of this is left over from my Turbo MX6GT days.)

Ok, with that out of the way here is a link to the kit I want to use

NOS 'Sneaky Pete' System
NOS 'Sneaky Pete' (25-30hp)

The NOS Sneaky Pete was designed as a "dry" injection kit. The kit comes with jets, lines
solenoid, slim bottle (which attracts me to the kit since I can hide it and a huge bottle won't take up my trunk or make me lose my spare) and necessary switches. I will also probably buy the Computer Control Add-On SMT6 piggy-back controller in order to have computer control and the ability to add a supplemental fuel supply. The SMT6 allows you to program the on/off point of the nitrous via RPM, TPS and/or Engine load. It also controls injector pulse width for the extra fuel (I'm assuming the IPW is controlled by the PCM in our cars but correct me if I'm wrong).

Now, I know the first thing people will say is I should forget this kit and just run "wet" because the Focus runs on a returnless fuel system. However, I like the simplicity of a "dry" system and am wondering if this is the main reason or if the stock injectors, for example, would be overtaxed as well with just a 30 shot?

Since the kit allows only for a 25-30 shot........Could I safely use an adjustable FPR (such as the Billet Digital FMU) specifically designed for returnless fuel systems in conjunction with an inline auxillary fuel pump such as a Walbro or TEX instead of going "wet". Also thinking of going with a Haltech A/F mixture controller as another option since this would benefit me later for tuning the Turbo. Some of this is most likely overkill for this application but I'm planning ahead for the Turbo as well so most of this will be used with it for tuning it as well.

Obviously this will be my first experience with N2O and I use the car as a daily driver so conservative AND SAFE gains are what I want. I know that Nitrous can be an effective, cheap and safe for adding power but I just want to make sure all my i's are crossed and my t's dotted (think that's how that goes ) before I go jumping in head first.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the advice in advance..........

-Later

Last edited by 02SVTFOCI; 12-01-2003 at 10:59 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2003, 07:49 PM   #2
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 232,586, Level 100
Points: 232,586, Level: 100 Points: 232,586, Level: 100 Points: 232,586, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I have nitrous on two of my own cars and I install it at my shop. Go with a wet system, I am not quite an expert on nitrous , but I talk to the guys who are..Do yourself a favor and skip the sneaky pete, it has some very serious shortcomings . I have used NOS and Nitrous express and both are very good and work about the same. only about $200 more and it will be right. you can use the small bottle with any system, but she doesn't last long . There other ways to hide your bottle....Trust me
Old 11-27-2003, 08:47 PM   #3
02SVTFOCI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 147
What I Drive: 02 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 02SVTFOCI Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hi Viney,

I was hoping you'd chime in...........thanks for the advice as I've read your other posts about Nitrous as well. If you don't mind I would like to send a PM from time to time as I get closer to the install. What kind of wet set up are you running? AFM controller?

-Thanks
Old 11-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #4
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 232,586, Level 100
Points: 232,586, Level: 100 Points: 232,586, Level: 100 Points: 232,586, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Sure pm me anytime, though I don't get on every day...I have a Nitrous express 50 hp wet system, running a fuel pressure safety switch and an rpm window switch on the focus, also a bottle heater ( highly recomended , though not a neccesity, and you can add it later as cash allows)
The nice thing about good nitrous set-ups is that they can travel with you from car to car, nothing lost except the install time!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
knowhimwell
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63334
What I Drive: SOLD03 SVT ZX5 and 04 JRSC ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 knowhimwell Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
50hp wet may be the route i want to go too. thanks

WHO KNOWS WHAT IS NEXT???
Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
VenomRogue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24506
What I Drive: a Volvo??!?

Points 6,767, Level 54
Points: 6,767, Level: 54 Points: 6,767, Level: 54 Points: 6,767, Level: 54
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 11 VenomRogue Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
holy 6 year old thread........

Yes, I have issues.

Next question.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.