How to install Massive Speed EGR delete plate. - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #31
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97562
What I Drive: 2007 Oxford White ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Phestezio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No, if your EGR is turned off in your tune already you wont notice any difference. The only real benefit of removing the valve completely is to SLIGHTLY lower coolant temps and to just remove un-needed crap from under the hood making it easier to work on because, well, less is there in your way. For the price I think its worth doing if you have your EGR turned off, its only like $30 bucks if it was like 100 bucks I would have never bought one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #32
jwindbigler
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 139441
What I Drive: 2007 Maroon Focus

FF Reputation: 1 jwindbigler Good Standing Member
I think that the cleaning up of the engine compartment is well worth the $30 price tag.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:11 AM   #33
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
I may look into getting this soon. My egr is already turned off and since I've been working on wire tucking my bay and cleaning it up less crap there would be perfect for me.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #34
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
I think that the cleaning up of the engine compartment is well worth the $30 price tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SVT View Post
I may look into getting this soon. My egr is already turned off and since I've been working on wire tucking my bay and cleaning it up less crap there would be perfect for me.
I just ordered one as well as a pcv hose. I asked for a blk one= we'll see.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 02-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #35
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97562
What I Drive: 2007 Oxford White ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Phestezio Good Standing Member
Yeah I talked to Kdog about different color options for there stuff, they said that everything comes in Massive Purple because purple has been scientifically proven to go faster haha.

But no they said they could do pretty much anything in custom colors I believe you just have to pay extra for the powdercoating. Personally I like the purple though haha
Old 02-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #36
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phestezio View Post
Yeah I talked to Kdog about different color options for there stuff, they said that everything comes in Massive Purple because purple has been scientifically proven to go faster haha.

But no they said they could do pretty much anything in custom colors I believe you just have to pay extra for the powdercoating. Personally I like the purple though haha
Reminds me of the HPI Savage's= r/c monster trucks. HPI uses a lot of anidized purple parts.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #37
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I don't think I'd do it. I plan on having my car for several years and once I graduate college, I have no idea where I may move and there is a possibility for being moved around by your employer in my intended profession. It would just be a hassle if I have to get the car inspected or for emissions.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #38
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phestezio View Post

So I just installed the new Massive speed EGR delete plate this past weekend and figured i'd do a write up on it in case anyone has any questions.

Its going to look a little easier in my pictures because I already have alot of other stuff off the engine because i'm doing a good bit more than just this delete plate, but i'll start at the beginning of what you need to do for the delete.

Step 1- Remove Intake Manifold
You don't HAVE to remove this but I highly recommend it, your doing this to access the EGR tube.

-First you need to disconnect your air intake from the throttle body

-Next disconnect the MAF sensor, TPS sensor, IACV, Purge Valve Vacuum Line, IMRC vacuum line and module, also disconnect the sensor in the fuel rail that has vacuum pulled on it. Pretty much disconnect everything that connected to the Intake Manifold and Throttle Body

-After you have everything disconnected remove the Intake Manifold. There are 7 bolts in total on the head, and 1 bolt underneath holding the bottom of the manifold to the block. Here is a picture of the 7 bolt pattern on the intake from the opposite side.

-After you have everything on the manifold unbolted pull it toward the front of the car away from the head, you may have to do some prying to get it free but be gentle since it is plastic. You have to pull it far enough forward to clear the EGR tube before you can pull it up and out of the car.

Step 2 - Remove EGR tube

Now that you have the manifold out of the way you can access the EGR tube, this step is very simple, simply unscrew the EGR tube from the head. You need a 22mm wrench. Here is a picture of the EGR tube in the head and one with it removed.

EGR tube in the head

EGR tube removed from head

Step 3 - Remove EGR Valve

-Start by removing the Coolant return line located next to the EGR valve, it makes it alot easier to access the bolts on the valve. it is the large coolant tube to the right of the valve in the pictures below.

-Next remove the small coolant line that runs into the EGR valve. it is the small hose connected to the left side of the valve in the picture below.

-Disconnect the EGR valve from the wiring harness and unbolt the EGR valve. There are 2 bolts holding it to the head. one to the lower left and upper right. Once it is unbolted simply pull it off the head. Here are 3 pictures to help you locate everything.
Note- you will see 2 small holes to the upper right of the 2nd picture with the valve removed, the upper small hole is a coolant passage and the lower small hole is the threaded bolt hole.

EGR valve installed on head

Head with EGR valve removed

EGR valve removed from head

Step 4 - Install Massive EGR delete plate

Now that you have everything removed from the head its time to start putting something back on!

-Clean off the gasket mounting surface and bolt the plate to the head using the provided new gasket and new hardware. The gasket and plate can only go on 1 way with the Massive logo facing outwards of course.

Head with EGR valve removed.

Massive EGR plate installed

Step 5 - Install coolant bypass

What you need to do now is quite simple but you have 2 choices. I will tell you both options but the pictures are of my preferred method. The kit comes with everything you need to do either option.

Option 1. plug off the small coolant line you disconnected from the EGR valve with the provided cap. leaving the stock T fitting.

Option 2. (preferred)Remove the stock T fitting from the coolant line and replace it with the provided straight barb. (much cleaner looking in my opinion)

Here is a picture of the stock T fitting removed right next to the coolant hose that has been replaced with the straight barb.

-Reconnect the coolant return hose and the EGR delete is complete, simple as that. Remember to get the car tuned for the EGR delete to kick off your CEL.

Step 6 - Reinstall Intake Manifold

I'm not going to go step by step on this one since I explained how to remove it, just do that in reverse order. I just felt like I have to mention you still need to put the rest of the car back together after this point haha but the EGR delete is COMPLETE.

I hope this helps anyone confused on how to do this to their duratec. and i'll post some more pics once I finish putting everything else i'm doin on the car and its all buttoned up again.
Heres what I did today & now I have no heat or defrost heat & the heater hoses are hot> Any ideas?
Old 03-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #39
AlexM
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 126714
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Red SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 0 AlexM Newbie
Really Felix the cat, You post the same pic from page 1 just to say, Heres what I did today & now I have no heat or defrost heat & the heater hoses are hot> Any ideas? People like you wonder why Picture heavy posts slow down your computer? And to answer your question I bet you cut the wrong coolant hose.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #40
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76276
What I Drive: 07 svt 2.3 swap thing

FF Reputation: 1 RPMisChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
He already figured out why he had no heat. Check out his thread on it. Also, if this page loads slow, get faster internet lol.

Bookmarks & Social Networks