airbag and ABS light keep flashing - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-27-2005, 05:39 PM   #1
morse
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 18283
What I Drive: 2004 Green LX

FF Reputation: 1 morse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry airbag and ABS light keep flashing

I have 2004 Focus LR fitted with twin airbags. The car had some rear and light front end damaged when I bought it. The airbags were not deployed in the accident. When I first started the engine before any repairs were done to it, everything was working fine except ABS light was on (due to broken cable link on R/Rear wheel) during repairs I had to disconnect the battery. Now when I turn ignition the airbag and ABS lights keep flashing all the time! Do I need to reset the ECU/computer? Any ideas what’s going on?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
mconrada
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1652
What I Drive: 91 mx5

FF Reputation: 1 mconrada Good Standing Member
If the ABS light is comming on then it means that your ABS is disabled. That could happen for couple reasons... a bad sensor, a blocked sensor (dirt in the way), a broken sensor, etc. As for the "air bag light" is it the SRS light? You could try resetting the ECU but if it is a problem then the lights will continue to flash... Its worth a shot.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #3
rednblackSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17375
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 rednblackSVT Good Standing Member
With the ABS light on... as long as the fluid level is correct, the car should automatically reset that as it goes through a drive cycle or to. In the situation with the Air Bags... you can always have the dealer run a scan... the seatbelt can even cause problems with the SRS light,... things like the seat-belt pretensioner and things like that could possibly be messed up. if the exclamation point light comes on.. go to a dealer immediately. you can also put the car in diagnostic mode... search for that on here.

Steeda Style Short ram intake. F-C ORP, Energy Suspension Poly-Urethane Bushings, TEIN s-Tech lowering springs,VF Engineering Mount, Carbon Fiber Hood, Cut Antenna, Blacked out turn signals and side markers, cute little halo projectors...almost forgot... JRSC
Old 01-29-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
zslaton
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11347
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow Power Premium ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 zslaton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
take the car in for servicing. Both of these lights flashing means something is VERY wrong or you have several connectors that are bad/disconnected. Either way, let a trained proffesional diagnose it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks