The 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 is boring. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Tunda Tex
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16740
What I Drive: 2003 Light Tundra ZTS Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Tunda Tex Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 is boring.

I am not trolling, and I apologize if I'm offending anyone, but I think Ford truly blew it with the 2005 Ford Focus, particularly the ZX4. The ZX3, wagon, and ZX5's fun overall shape redeem themselves somewhat. The 2005 Ford Focus sedan looks like a rental car. In fact, most of the ones I've seen are rentals.

I hate how bland the headlights and grille have become. Older Foci have such personality. To me, the headlights, grille, and front bumper really make them seem alive. They are the face of a car, and the pre-2005 Foci had a face that said, "Let's get into trouble." But for 2005, the front end just looks it had a lobotomy. Ford made a big mistake trying to give the Focus styling cues from the 500, because the 500 is deadly dull. I am profoundly disappointed in the 500, and I hope the upcoming Fusion can turn the tide around for Ford style-wise.

The interior is a joke. So boring. And the quality of the materials seems to have been bumped down a notch. There is a hollowness to the plastic that wasn't there before. Oh, I know, the sunglass/garage door holder is great, and so is the CD-case storage, but those could have been incorporated into a much bolder design. Why did the Focus interior have to become like every other car out there?

And no factory-installed Sirius or XM radio? GM is light years ahead of Ford on that one. And the SVT is gone. I hate that. The ZX4 ST is like an SVT that has been gutted.

The next generation of the Ford Focus cannot come soon enough.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Because many people are very conservative and wanted a more conservative look......i know how you feel man.....it annoys me too.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:38 PM   #3
mrk874
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14444
What I Drive: 2005 red auto ZX4 SE 2.0 PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 mrk874 Good Standing Member
I like mine. I like the new stylings, headlights, grill, etc.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
PapoSwing
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

Points 5,903, Level 49
Points: 5,903, Level: 49 Points: 5,903, Level: 49 Points: 5,903, Level: 49
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I completely agree. I think the Focus design is going down the wrong path. I think the RS will remain the best looking Focus made.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:21 AM   #5
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '14 Escape Titanium w/401A package

Points 4,556, Level 43
Points: 4,556, Level: 43 Points: 4,556, Level: 43 Points: 4,556, Level: 43
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There will be plenty of ways to make it "less" boring. A stock Focus is boring anyway! I remember all the people saying "why did you buy that" when I first bought my '02 Focus. The same people were like "that's the coolest Focus I've ever seen" when I got rid of it. I would consider it a challenge to take a car that's boring and make it exciting.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
Sonicbluezx3
.....NObama.....

Fan#: 8674
What I Drive: 05 Sonic Blue ZX3

Points 11,348, Level 70
Points: 11,348, Level: 70 Points: 11,348, Level: 70 Points: 11,348, Level: 70
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 18 Sonicbluezx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
yea i like my interior better...and i had a 2004 too...you think the materials are cheaper now? dude...if i rubbed up against the plastic in the 2004 it would gouge it...its much better quality now. u may not like how it looks...but honestly there's alot you can do to it to spiec it up. i'm planning on doing my vents, the panel where the sunroof switch is, and maybe the handles on the glove box and the cd holder carbon fiber. im going to use white-face gauge from speedhut, i have a carbon fiber center console already (around the radio), and im currently doing an armrest delete for the console. next im going to install a sts w/ cylindar knob (aluminum/titanium and carbon fiber look) same w/ e brake handle. the boots will be black leather with silver stitching. changing my LED's to blue, and im gonna put that chrome shifter bezel on. and lastly im going to re-upholster the front seats w/ leather and do a rear seat delete. its going to be nice...
Old 01-27-2005, 12:49 AM   #7
fokuzx3
teh tranny killer

Fan#: 15685
What I Drive: r.i.p. liquid grey zx3....now 300zx

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzx3 Good Standing Member
i love the st zx3 design which they havnt come out with yet....i saw a badass new zx4 the other day...its got all the goodies may have been an svt... but yea it is a sucky design..they tried something, messed it up, big deal....its the deap breath before the plunge...being the rs i hope. I think the best idea would have been to just drop the 2.3 in the old body style and keep it like that, maybe sit it dfferent, put cooler rims n such....remeber the focus has only been around for a few years so its still in the building days...everyother car we compare the focus to has had alota time to modify and find out what will sell so dont fret, its just a beginner. Plus its still just an economy car and thats where ford gets most of their sells from...very few people are gonna supe up the focus...we are only like 16k people out of the prob 10 milino people who own a focus....gotta think lika sales man.
zetec crew #23
zetec R.I.P. best standing 1/4 time= 15.260 @88.08 mph (2.275 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
it takes a minute to get used to, kinda like shaving your balls.. haha
Old 01-27-2005, 01:54 AM   #8
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 184,946, Level 100
Points: 184,946, Level: 100 Points: 184,946, Level: 100 Points: 184,946, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Re: The 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 is boring.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tunda Tex
I am not trolling, and I apologize if I'm offending anyone, but I think Ford truly blew it with the 2005 Ford Focus, particularly the ZX4. The ZX3, wagon, and ZX5's fun overall shape redeem themselves somewhat. The 2005 Ford Focus sedan looks like a rental car. In fact, most of the ones I've seen are rentals.

I hate how bland the headlights and grille have become. Older Foci have such personality. To me, the headlights, grille, and front bumper really make them seem alive. They are the face of a car, and the pre-2005 Foci had a face that said, "Let's get into trouble." But for 2005, the front end just looks it had a lobotomy. Ford made a big mistake trying to give the Focus styling cues from the 500, because the 500 is deadly dull. I am profoundly disappointed in the 500, and I hope the upcoming Fusion can turn the tide around for Ford style-wise.

The interior is a joke. So boring. And the quality of the materials seems to have been bumped down a notch. There is a hollowness to the plastic that wasn't there before. Oh, I know, the sunglass/garage door holder is great, and so is the CD-case storage, but those could have been incorporated into a much bolder design. Why did the Focus interior have to become like every other car out there?

And no factory-installed Sirius or XM radio? GM is light years ahead of Ford on that one. And the SVT is gone. I hate that. The ZX4 ST is like an SVT that has been gutted.

The next generation of the Ford Focus cannot come soon enough.
The front end is the part that I don't really like. It doesn't seem "sporty" to me anymore. Sorry if I offended any of you 05 Focus owners. Ya know I still love ya
Old 01-27-2005, 02:29 AM   #9
skattruggles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8417
What I Drive: 2004 zx3 2.3L pzev PITCH BLACK

FF Reputation: 1 skattruggles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Meh. Its not so bad, guys! i like their new headlights. not the front end tho. The interior is not SOO bad. but i really like the headlights. i need to get me some w/ an incorporated turn signal.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:34 AM   #10
spikNspan DAN
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5226
What I Drive: 02' Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 spikNspan DAN Good Standing Member
I think people who are used to the old design don't like the new ones at first, but it really grows on you. I didn't really like it before either, but now it seems like it's okay.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.