SVT info - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > Focus SVT

Focus SVT The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK1 2002-2004 Focus SVT.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #11
2001cobravert
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 128674
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 2001cobravert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Keep it or sell it to someone who will restore it. They're getting harder to find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #12
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115321
What I Drive: 2003 silver svt zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jd1017 Good Standing Member
lol i need front bumper.

i just got myself a 03 svt focus and from my old focus sedan im loveing it fun to drive sporty and as people have said befor they are getting hard to find took me months to find my svt focus.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #13
FullthrottleSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104762
What I Drive: 02 Ford Focus SVT Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 1 FullthrottleSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Dont part it!!!!! Please!!!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #14
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Part it out due to a transmission issue? The only time I'd part one out is if it had a salvaged title, if it doesn't then you should really try to fix it or sell it to someone who will fix it. They only made 14k of these and there really aren't that many left.

I was originally going to part mine out and it was in much worse shape. HERE is a link to my rebuild thread. Maybe it'll give you a some inspiration?

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 02-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #15
blkvenm97
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113513
What I Drive: 2k3 Infra Red zx3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 blkvenm97 Good Standing Member
please don't part it over a trans issue. these cars are hard to find...took me forever to find mine and i had to drive 5 and a half hours to get it. ppl always ask me "where did you get those rims those are killer" and I love the look on their face when you say "stock" lol. the car has a ton of cool features that separates it from a regular zx3 but surprisingly the cost isn't much more than zx3s in a lot of cases and that's something i never could understand. it's clearly a lot better car all around inside and out than a zx3 when compared bone stock to bone stock...you have 40 additional horses under the hood, much better braking much better handling much better looks both inside and out...it's a win win win situation...plus they are unique cars...alot of people don't even know what they are i love mine...i also hear "I've never really liked focus before but this one is awesome" lol...it's really cool having a rare car that's not seen on every corner but you didn't have to break the bank to obtain....i vote fix her!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #16
b.pearson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 130617
What I Drive: 2003 Infrared SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 b.pearson Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Part it out due to a transmission issue? The only time I'd part one out is if it had a salvaged title, if it doesn't then you should really try to fix it or sell it to someone who will fix it. They only made 14k of these and there really aren't that many left.
Hey mine has a salvage title lol. Rear end body damage from a texting driver. No bent frame, replaced with OEM Ford parts. Looked it over and under, no issues so I don't mind
2003 SVT ZX5- EAP rims, FSWerks Race cat-back exhaust, FSWerks SRI, Spectre cone filter & breather filter, FSWerks front splitter, SAP rear diffuser, upgraded throttle body (Size and brand unsure), HID headlights, more to come!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #17
xy0s08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65298
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 Kona, 00 ZX3, 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 7 xy0s08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i have the same feeling as all you that i should keep it and fix it but i also have a 2000 ZX3 KONA that i have do A TON of work to and what my plan was is to pull most of the "luxury" items off the SVT and swap them to the KONA (RECARO seats, rear disk breaks, heated mirrors...ect)
so with that in mind what do you think i should do?
does anyone know how many KONA's were made?
MARCH ROTM 2010 Midwest crew #58
9/11 was an inside job! fluoride is poisoning all of you! The Federal Reserve is a private bank that is making fake money and bankrupting America! Open your eyes to what is going on in the US! Infowars.com
Old 03-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
xy0s08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65298
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 Kona, 00 ZX3, 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 7 xy0s08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
no one is going to chime back in on this?
MARCH ROTM 2010 Midwest crew #58
9/11 was an inside job! fluoride is poisoning all of you! The Federal Reserve is a private bank that is making fake money and bankrupting America! Open your eyes to what is going on in the US! Infowars.com
Old 03-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #19
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 3 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
....... Kona over a SVT dude thats whack get the SVT back up and running take the Kona Rack put it on the SVT The Kona Floor mats....... and maybe the side fairing pieces that say KONA redo them and put those on the SVT.

Sell the Kona and find a Trans for the SVT ive seen plenty or go to local junkyard.

Is the mini Getrag 285 direct bolt up for the focus or minor differences?

Bookmarks & Social Networks