All Wheel Drive Focus - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #11
blackandgold
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 495
What I Drive: 2008 VW GTI 2006 Ford Explorer LTD

FF Reputation: 1 blackandgold Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh there is no doubt Volvo has alot to do with it. As far as the AWD Mustang thing goes I know that is just a dream but for some of us who have to drive all year round up north I think it would be a smart move to at least offer it as an option.
^ what the hell is that supposed to mean, you quote me and then put down some american eagle sh**
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #12
spikNspan DAN
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5226
What I Drive: 02' Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 spikNspan DAN Good Standing Member
man, if ford came out with a focus super car I'd be doing whatever I could to get my hands on one. that would be so sweet, being able to take on evo's and the like in a car like a focus.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #13
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
That would be sickspikenspan...but for now this is only a dream unfortunatly until ford puts their heads together....plus an awd focus would sell big time.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #14
rummblindohcv8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15824
What I Drive: Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 rummblindohcv8 Good Standing Member
Forget about Ford putting their heads together!!!!!!
I'm new here, but I'm working hard to get my ZX3 to trun em all.
Consider this, the Zetec mounted longitudinally to the Xtrac Longitudinal WRC Gearbox, which is the same one used by most of the WRC rally cars. Xtrac makes most of the parts Iím using, including their diffs and drive shafts. However getting these parts into the car is taking way longer then i anticipated. At this rate I have about 4 months of work to get everything mocked up, let alone the design of pieces that do not exist.

One day the ZX3 will be spinning all 4, and it is far from costing a hundred grand!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #15
budzen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7036
What I Drive: '01 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 budzen Good Standing Member
i love when people join the forums to ask one question.. and hardly ever check back..
Old 01-27-2005, 01:03 PM   #16
Fordesigner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16223
What I Drive: Fairly stock 2001 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Fordesigner Good Standing Member
I could most likely have it completely done AWD my Focus for less than $30K. Complete, parts and install. And I wouldn't have to pull the motor.
Disclaimer: All Ford employees, Ford dealerships and service personnel: This in no way constitutes an admission or acknowledgement of tampering, modification, or alteration of any vehicle in my possession in such a manner as to void, cancel, deny or otherwise refuse service on any service contracts, warrantees, or recall notices covering said vehicle. This and other posts submitted on this forum, under the screenname Fordesigner simply represent an attempt to gain acceptance from a peer group espousing cars of a high performance nature - including those that have been altered to improve or enhance the automobile's natural characteristics.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:36 AM   #17
osunick
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15604
What I Drive: 2003 Lancer Evolution (Red)

FF Reputation: 2 osunick Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by bwojdyla
That seems excessive. I could machine the parts by hand out of billet for a hundred grand. I bet you could do it for 20k if you're willing to used donor cars. Suspension fabrication is not that scarey either, I've done it, it's actually quite simple if you take your time and make good jigs first (and have all the requisite equipment).
Excessive how? M-sport sells the full WRC packages for $400K each. Seeing as how the transmission alone is $75K I doubt you could make an actual wrc car for $100K. As far as making a one off awd focus with off the shelf components and some fabrication, maybe it's possible for a lot less cash but it's not going to be a WRC racer with the factory works kit. No way.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.