my short throw shifter thoughts - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK1 Focus > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
QuikHAtCH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2694
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3, '94 h22 Civic Hatch, '02 Suzuki GSX-R 750

FF Reputation: 1 QuikHAtCH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Post my short throw shifter thoughts

Just a quicky, I know this would have helped me when I was looking for info on this.

I just received my FC Race Short Throw shifter today. Super excited. Was simple to install. The hardest part was taking off that thing thats on the shifter that holds the top shift rod. Had to really yank on it. Took 10 minutes. Over all I just have to say I'm not super impressed. It's basicly a stock shifter with the top 3 inches cut off and threaded. I guess I'm just used to my honda and the short throw I have on there, the throws from neutral are probably 1 inch. (sounds too short but it feels great, and is alot of fun to drive) The throws on the Race shifter are alot longer. I'm sure its wonderful if it's your first short shifter and dont want anything TOO extreme, but if you're looking for something really tight and super low I wouldn't recomend this one. I put it on and cut an inch off of it right away. Just my taste.

Hope this helps someone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE sport

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
So you cut the race shifter even shorter much lower and youll have to reach inside the center consule
Old 01-22-2005, 12:18 AM   #3
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Okay.

I heart my FC Race Shifter. Love the looks, no reverse lock-out and I didn't think the throws were a lot longer. You can't win them all I suppose.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:07 AM   #4
bwojdyla
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3589
What I Drive: Red 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bwojdyla Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All your base are belong to Steeda short throw with pimpy billet aluminum reverse lockout. I really dig the added centering return spring. Its not something that's advertised as a feature, but it cleans up all the slop from the factory.

Bookmarks & Social Networks