What is your favorite tire brand? - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What is your favorite tire brand?
BFGoodrich 172 14.30%
Bridgestone 60 4.99%
Dunlop 39 3.24%
Pirelli 162 13.47%
Yokohama 120 9.98%
Michelin 90 7.48%
Kumho 126 10.47%
Falken 113 9.39%
Toyo 94 7.81%
Goodyear 93 7.73%
Nitto 23 1.91%
General 15 1.25%
Firestone 12 1.00%
Other (Please List) 84 6.98%
Voters: 1203. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2004, 10:41 PM   #61
mySVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5557
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

Points 2,446, Level 29
Points: 2,446, Level: 29 Points: 2,446, Level: 29 Points: 2,446, Level: 29
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mySVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
They used Falken for mazda rev-it-up, and those things were falken sweet. They had excellent grip and they were getting abused and held up very well. Also, can't believe you don't have Conti's listed, they are stock on my SVT and if not for rev-it-up would get my vote. Also the Bridgestone RE750's are very good, I put some on my ZX5 before I sold it...
SVT SQUAD #12 '13 Silver Focus ST3, moonroof
Old: 03 Silver SVT ZX5 #1459/2173, HIDs, Moonroof, Audiophile. Mods: Hawk pads, Waynes Tune, K&N filter
Older: 02 Silver ZX5 Premium, Leather, Moonroof
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2004, 11:17 AM   #62
Spork Sports
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10782
What I Drive: Zed X3

FF Reputation: 2 Spork Sports Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Falken Azenis Sport tires. Transformed my car into a handling demon!
Old 07-24-2004, 10:47 PM   #63
jemgiles
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10904
What I Drive: 02 Red Lx

FF Reputation: 1 jemgiles Good Standing Member
Question Need tires, want quiet, SMOOTH, ride

Well, soon after I purchased my 2002 Ford Focus (Which I LOVE). The ride became rough and I took it back to the dealer and they told me that I needed tires, DUH !!!! I thought that maybe since I am paying for Two Focus (one for me and one for my daughter) that they would prorate them and help, but no. Now I am looking for great tires, smooth, quiet, long-lasting for the amount of money they cost. Like cost per mile. I understand that tires can vary even in the same brands. What will be a great experience for one may not work for another that well. But if one brand comes up more often that will be the one I will look at.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #64
roadkillcheerleader
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11061
What I Drive: '02 MINI Cooper

FF Reputation: 1 roadkillcheerleader Good Standing Member
I have Kumho 712's on the Coop and they are a great summer tire. I always feel very safe driving in the rain. For winter I swap back on my 16" runflats...I tried snow this past winter with my 17"s and it was a nightmare and a half.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #65
chuckszx3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11394
What I Drive: 2002 twilight blue zx3

FF Reputation: 1 chuckszx3 Good Standing Member
Sumitomo
Old 08-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #66
SVTF'nGR8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10592
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF/EAP Screaming yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 SVTF'nGR8 Good Standing Member
One more vote for Dunlops!
So far (only have 700 miles) I like the factory installed Conti's that are on my SVTF now.
Made in Germany usually means fine quality.

I've heard alot of people bash Dunlops and I cant imagine why, since on my Probe I have Dunlop SP8000-ZR's which look very nice/aggressive and have lasted very well. The grip and handling is awesome too. They keep their composure clear up until the speedo is buried at 140. Perhaps not the best tire if you're looking for occupant comfort though. I think they might be a bit noisy, but then the ProbeGT is anything but a comfortable ride, it's designed to drive, hard!
I've found the USA made Dunlops to be very good. Expensive, sure, but I will probably buy them for the Focus when that day comes.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:14 PM   #67
blueoval
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10596
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 blueoval Good Standing Member
I'm on cheap kumho's now, I hate dunlop tires. They do not have good tread when it comes to driving in snow!! Once I have enough green saved (tuition has gone up for the third straight year) up I'd like to get Enkei 17x7.5, wrap w/pirelli's
Old 08-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #68
SVTF'nGR8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10592
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF/EAP Screaming yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 SVTF'nGR8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by blueoval
I hate dunlop tires. They do not have good tread when it comes to driving in snow!!
There we go, another useless bash on Dunlops. They are not designed to be good in the snow. It's a performance summer tire that is superb on dry pavement, where it's meant to be, which is all I was trying to say. I drive my truck w/ Bridgestone Revo A/T's when it snows and I would never drive my sport cars in the snow, but I'm just spoiled like that I guess.
Just backin' my Dunlops!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:36 PM   #69
blueoval
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10596
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 blueoval Good Standing Member
I agree the dunlops were excellent when it was DRY. I had to drive in the winter with them b/c college is expensive and it had sucked me dry, so i had no choose to drive with them on.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:12 AM   #70
nthcoastcom
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7017
What I Drive: 96 Cobra,07 GT, 08 Vista Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 9 nthcoastcom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
We sell BFG, Conti, Yokohama, Michelin and Hankook.

By far the most popular is the Yokohama Avid H4S. Very good wet/dry performance

Todd
www.nthcoast.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.