i hate getting scammed on this website - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
skattruggles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8417
What I Drive: 2004 zx3 2.3L pzev PITCH BLACK

FF Reputation: 1 skattruggles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i hate getting scammed on this website

so in september, i sent payment to rs for nightshades and NEVER got them . he doesnt respond to emails anymore either. bummer. i used a money order and got screwed.

in november, i sent payment thru paypal for an svt suspension upgrade from 1sloSVT and NEVER got it. he never responded to any emails. total BUMMER!!! got screwed again.

i bought something from a guy on fj and i got it in like 2 days. im pissed cuz ff has apperant scams on their buy/sell forums. im not pissed at ff, but im just pissed at my situation

somehow, both of the users had some sort of cargo net that this one guy needed HERE . dont know if it worked out for that guy or not, but BOTH scam artist i got scammed by had the thing this guy wanted. coinsidence? i have no idea, but im pissed! cuz im out of a lot of money for a college kid. AARGH!
scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #2
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Start using an escrow service...you send them your money, the seller sends the product and they verify that yes, this is what the seller says it is. If the seller never sends anything they don't get their money. Of course, the escrow service extracts a hefty fee to make it worth their while, but at least you don't get screwed.

Paypal has a payment resolution feature if you never get what you paid for, but I think you have to file a claim within 30 days of the transaction.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2005, 01:05 AM   #3
skattruggles
Focus Addict

yea, those 30 days were up way long ago. i dont buy enough to have an escrow service be worth my while. so im outta my $ :(
Old 01-20-2005, 01:24 AM   #4
SD_Focus

Fan#: 11575
What I Drive: 2001 BMW Z3 Roadster 3.0

Points 7,903, Level 59
Points: 7,903, Level: 59 Points: 7,903, Level: 59 Points: 7,903, Level: 59
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 34 SD_Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I don't see how people can just take other people's money like that. It hasn't happened to me but that makes me very angry. Sorry it had to happen to you
SoCal Crew #21
Old 01-23-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
mustang2focus82
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8223
What I Drive: 2006 Grnd Touring Z

FF Reputation: 1 mustang2focus82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It happened to me. INFINITYRACING.COM. They just took my $150sum dollars responded to like 2 or 3 emails and then ignored me. Been bout a year and a half but nothing. I already reported them to the BBB and they couldnt do anything to get my money back. I guess Infityracing.com just got put on their bad boys list.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
cpyder
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 150
What I Drive: 2007 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 cpyder Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That sucks.... I have only purchased one thing off of e-bay. Never really wanted to cause I have always been afraid of this happening to me. Sucks that it does happen.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #7
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Well my philosophy on buying on forums such as this, is to buy from someone who has a reputable name, and who also has friends who have reputable names. Somone who is known on the boards, who cant skip out on somone. It may be hard to find the things you are looking for this way, but as said above, it will help you to not be scammed.
Alan

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 01-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #8
beat3rfocus
aint no shame

Fan#: 3178
What I Drive: Red 1990 Miata Hardtop

Points 15,212, Level 79
Points: 15,212, Level: 79 Points: 15,212, Level: 79 Points: 15,212, Level: 79
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 11 beat3rfocus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
or use a meathod of payment that can be canceled. Such as a check, if i don't get my stuff, i can cancel the check, if they cashed it, i can reverse payment and get my money back. Also I like eather meeting the person or getting their info before commiting to a deal. I hope that someone steps forward who knows one of these people someway, somehow and gets your money back.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #9
skattruggles
Focus Addict

yea. i should have done that, but paypal seems all too convenient. i'll do a check next time, although with these 2 bad experiences, i dont think i'll buy much more on these forums :(
Old 02-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #10
svtfocusmansvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6548
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusmansvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Get their IP and find out where they live and raise some hell.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.