Focus RS & Focus Cosworth - How much are you willing to pay? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Focus RS & Focus Costworth - How much are you willing to pay?
Yes, I would buy one at $19,000-$24,000. 622 39.22%
Yes, I would buy one at $25,000-$30,000. 639 40.29%
Yes, I would buy one at $31,000-$35,000. 183 11.54%
Yes, I would buy one at $36,000-$40,000. 48 3.03%
Yes, I would buy one at $41,000-$45,000. 40 2.52%
No, I would not buy one. 54 3.40%
Voters: 1586. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2003, 02:30 AM   #31
sydneyzetec
fOCUS Zetec 2.0

Fan#: 365
What I Drive: 2002 Focus Zetec - Machine Silver - 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 sydneyzetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Sadly for you guys the Focus has a cheap and nasty reputation as a bargain basement car in the US so the image of a premium priced RS or Cosworth wouldn't fit against the competition in the States. The RS costs 20,100 GBP in the UK, meaning roughly a $34,700 price in US dollars. That's not including adding all the features required for a US car such as the fenders/bumpers and whatever i imagine would be needed and that also would not be including whatever taxes and charges you guys pay on new cars over there, especially imported ones. So I don't see you getting an RS from a Ford dealership AT ALL for anything below about $38,000 maybe if not closer to $40,000.

As for the Cosworth... well it doesn't even exist because the current floorpan for the Focus wasn't created to take AWD. So we'll have to wait until the 2005 European model to possibly see one. But that itself being the newer model and AWD on top of everything the Focus offers would never be sold for less than the RS... I see it slotting at about $42,000 minimum. It's a shame too. But it was and has been a European car so I guess until the US market creates it's own variants using similar systems (as seen with the ST170 and the US SVT models) that can be cheaply costed then it will always be expensive to import. Look at it this way, in Australia we don't even get enough cars to justify making our own let alone importing anything special in the Focus range. It sucks. You just have to import it privately and again that seems to remain the only option for people wanting an RS outside of Europe.
2002 Machine Silver Zetec 2.0L, Manual 3 door, ST170 Suspension, 17" ST170 Wheels, ST170 front grille, ST170 interior handles, Genuine Ford Alloy & Leather Gearknob & Handbrake, ST170 clear side indicators, Electric Blue Zetec floor mats

Last edited by sydneyzetec; 12-03-2003 at 02:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2003, 12:29 PM   #32
COCHYN
Banned

Fan#: 1998
What I Drive: Ford FUcus

FF Reputation: 1 COCHYN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Me mate has an RS down the road from me, I've driven it quite a few times. Anyway, the point is, u guys should feel like shit coz u don't have them! (sorry, just rubbing it in there! lol)
Old 12-03-2003, 01:33 PM   #33
RPIJG
Mr. Wizard

Fan#: 18
What I Drive: '02 Focus SE 4DR Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 RPIJG Good Standing Member
I wish we would see this here, but I don't think that we will. Ford seems to reluctant to do anything with this line. It seems more mindset in pummelling us with remakes of old cars. It torched the Taurus...why cause it was popular? It's getting ready to torch the SVT line for a while. Ford is more wrapped up in re-releasing remodeled old cars (see T-Bird for example). The Focus line has and will continue to get the snub because Ford (in their infinite wisdom) will never give it credit where credit is due. From Ford's financial statements last year, it was the Taurus, the F150 and the Focus that kept Ford out of the red, the tanking T-Bird almost buried them, expect to see more of the same old thing from Ford, they just don't see a good thing when it hits them in the face.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:43 PM   #34
phoi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2002
What I Drive: A car, generally speaking.

FF Reputation: 1 phoi Good Standing Member
For that kind of scratch I can drop a supercharged small block V8 in my '99 Miata. Mmmmmm, . . .Megamonster
Old 12-08-2003, 09:23 PM   #35
Dartimous
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2031
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus LX

FF Reputation: 1 Dartimous Good Standing Member
I <3 cos
Old 12-09-2003, 01:02 PM   #36
03BlueReiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2067
What I Drive: 03 Twilight Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 03BlueReiger Good Standing Member
Well if it keeps going the way its going, im gonna turn my ford in for an srt4. It dont handle quite as well as the focus, but its 3 times faster lol.

A little suspension work and the srt-4 is a monster.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #37
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by ZX3_Chick
Fudge, just give me a RS and I'll be happy.
Throw in a 03 - 04 Cobra too?
Old 12-10-2003, 11:36 AM   #38
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by RPIJG
It torched the Taurus...why cause it was popular? It's getting ready to torch the SVT line for a while. Ford is more wrapped up in re-releasing remodeled old cars (see T-Bird for example).
I'm a little late to reply to this, but: the Taurus is going the way of the dodo bird because Ford has plans to replace it with (hopefully) a much better car. Face it, the Taurus sells well (mostly for fleet and rental use) but it's a boring-mobile. The SVT line is going on "hiatus" and is expected to return again, with something hopefully better than what is currently offered (although what's currently offered is fine with me). And as for the T-Bird, well... I like that car. No, it isn't selling well, but it's still a nice car, much nicer than the Taurus, for example. But I'm pretty sure they're planning on giving the T-Bird the axe in the next couple of years, too. I know they already scrapped plans to build a "pumped" SVT-like version of the Bird.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:38 AM   #39
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally posted by zx3matt
Throw in a 03 - 04 Cobra too?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeahhhhhh!
Old 12-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #40
Focusedat50
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
I'll keep my ZX5 and the money thank you. Just take a few trips each year to the West Indies, Cabos or a cruise with the wife.

Bookmarks & Social Networks