Focus RS & Focus Cosworth - How much are you willing to pay? - Page 16 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Focus RS & Focus Costworth - How much are you willing to pay?
Yes, I would buy one at $19,000-$24,000. 622 39.14%
Yes, I would buy one at $25,000-$30,000. 641 40.34%
Yes, I would buy one at $31,000-$35,000. 184 11.58%
Yes, I would buy one at $36,000-$40,000. 48 3.02%
Yes, I would buy one at $41,000-$45,000. 40 2.52%
No, I would not buy one. 54 3.40%
Voters: 1589. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2004, 04:34 PM   #151
Jflabeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4388
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Jflabeets Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by CHaOz LeGiOn
... if they did then i would hella regret getting my 04 SVT when i did ... ahhahah ... because i traded my ZX3 in for it ... ehhehehe ... its not bad ... but lost power goin from 2.3 to 2.0 ... tell me the truth ... my ZX3 was hittin 5.9 at the track and my SVT only hits 16 flatt .. and thats all stock ... no nothin ... i was expecting more ... but i guess not ... stats in magazines always lie ... in real life everything is much slower ... *sigh* ...
I could be wrong but the SVT IS faster, i don't know a unmodded duratec on the road that can touch my SVT..... not to be mean but it could be that u just cannot drive it yet.
1) do you have TCS?
2) are you letteing it rev all the way?
3) is it a 5 door?

If any of these are true then your car is slower than the magazines because the spec out the ZX3 without TCS and it is faster.... as I can beat a euro edition simply because i have no TCS

A cosworth would be wonderful and the I would pay almost as much as a STI subaru... But less because it is slower...

Last edited by Jflabeets; 05-20-2004 at 04:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2004, 12:51 AM   #152
DaveRS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 4979
What I Drive: 2003 Focus RS

FF Reputation: 1 DaveRS Good Standing Member
'A cosworth would be wonderful and the I would pay almost as much as a STI subaru... But less because it is slower...'

they have not even made a cosworth yet!

a stock rs will give a STI a bloody good run, that's front drive 212-220bhp stock, i know as i drive one.
now
think what a 300 bhp all wheel drive focus cosworth would do if it is made anything like the rs, considering that in the past the rs has been as step down from the cosworth? if they make one that is.

Last edited by DaveRS; 05-26-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #153
Jflabeets
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveRS

they have not even made a cosworth yet!

a stock rs will give a STI a bloody good run, that's front drive 212-220bhp stock, i know as i drive one.
now
think what a 300 bhp all wheel drive focus cosworth would do if it is made anything like the rs, considering that in the past the rs has been as step down from the cosworth? if they make one that is.
First they do make a Cosworth """edit""" concept """ and this thread is about bringing the Euro Cosworth to the US """edit""" as it is in concept"""

Second the Cosworth pulls a ~14.3s 1/4 mile this is fast however it is not as fast as an STI....

Finally I think you are mistaking the 2.0 wrx turbo for the STI

The WRX Impreza is a 220HP 2.0l turbo
The STI is a 300 HP 2.5rs engine turbocharged and pulls and impressive 13s 1/4 mile stock.

That is a full second off the Cosworth.
I would love to see a pic or video of a Stock RS beating or even staying with an STI....

If Ford, being as devoted as I can be, wants the buisness then they should bring over a 300 hp Cosworth i would only hope that they are more reliable than the SVT.......

Last edited by Jflabeets; 06-03-2004 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:56 PM   #154
wakeboarder1987
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2719
What I Drive: pitch black zx3, 2.3l

FF Reputation: 1 wakeboarder1987 Good Standing Member
i think the focus cosworth and RS should defo be brought to america they would sell so good, and both of those cars would Rape srt-4, and SVT, also they are by far some of the best looking focus's
Old 05-26-2004, 10:24 PM   #155
Megamanx907
Focus Addict

Fan#: 174
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 '01(R.I.P.)- Now Liquid Grey ZX5 '02

FF Reputation: 1 Megamanx907 Good Standing Member
The RS needs to come over here. I mean its such a sweet car. I think 22K would be fair for the car and thats what they should charge. Focus has come a long way and the Second Generation (2005) focus is going to break records this year, they took an already popular car adn kicked it up 10 knotches. So they need to have a new KING of Focus. The SVT is not enough w/ the ST out there now. They need to have a larger gap betweeen the focus and the leader. The RS should become the next SVT!!!!! Thats my two cents!!!!!

Potenza RE 750 performance tires (205/40/16) Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Pro Dampers, SVT anti-roll kit, Mac Engine Snubber, JBA Shorty Header, Magna Flow Cat-Back, Bosal Flex Pipe, Focus Central Hi Flow Cat, Custom Intake w/ K & N Cone Filter, Focus Trends Ported Throttle Body, Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires, FC Water Crank & Underdrive Pulley, OBX Strut Tower, Altezza Generation 3 Tail Lights, Diablo Sports Revolution Custom Chip, purple Hallogen headlights, Tint, kick ass pioneer stereo.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:13 AM   #156
DaveRS
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jflabeets
First they do make a Cosworth and this thread is about bringing the Euro Cosworth to the US

Second the Cosworth pulls a ~14.3s 1/4 mile this is fast however it is not as fast as an STI....

The STI is a 300 HP 2.5rs engine turbocharged and pulls and impressive 13s 1/4 mile stock.

I would love to see a pic or video of a Stock RS beating or even staying with an STI....

If Ford, being as devoted as I can be, wants the buisness then they should bring over a 300 hp Cosworth i would only hope that they are more reliable than the SVT.......
There is not a Focus cosworth on the market in europe... the car you are talking about is a Focus RS which i own.

and no i am not mistaken, i know the impreza range, at home we have lots of them..

a stock wrx impreza is not a match on the road against the rs, unless it is wet then it is not quite as easy for the front drive.
and no i don't have a picture as i was too busy trying to keep up with it on the road.
yes the STI is a fast car and i am not saying that the RS is faster but in the real world it would take a car with a lot more power to get away from the RS.
you are talking about a car that you have never driven. i have driven both cars
it is not all about quater mile times, i like the odd corner or two as it tends to make it all a little more fun.a
a huge part of the RS is it's ability to take corners, i have driven many fast modded cars but few that grip like the RS. now i am biased as i love my car!
Old 05-29-2004, 12:57 AM   #157
DaveRS
Focus Rookie

sorry to go on but i am on my high horse
the times below are from a popular car show at home, a little like some of the stuff on speed channel.
basically they have a test track and they compare fast cars, simple!

1st
Mercedes McLaren SLR - 1.20.9
Joint 2nd
Ferrari 360 CS - 1.22.3
Joint 2nd
Porsche GT3 RS - 1.22.3
3rd
Murcielago - 1.23.7
4th
Zonda - 1.23.8
5th
Koenigsegg - 1.23.9
6th
Noble - 1.25.0
7th
Gallardo - 1.25.8
8th
Lotus Exige - 1.26.4
9th
Porsche 911 GT3 - 1.27.2
10th
TVR 350c - 1.27.5
11th
BMW M3 CSL - 1.28.0
12th
MG SV - 1.28.6
13th
Mitsubishi Evo VIII - 1.28.9
14th
BMW Alpine Z8 - 1.29.0
15th
Alfa 3.7 GTA - 1.30.0
16th
Subaru Impreza STI - 1.30.1
17th
Aston Martin DB7 GT - 1.30.4
18th
Audi S4 - 1.30.9
19th
Porsche 911 turbo - 1.31.0
20th
Vauxhall VX 220 turbo - 1.31.3
21st
Honda NSX Type R - 1.31.6
22nd
BMW M3 - 1.31.8
23rd
Nissan 350Z - 1.31.8
24th
Mazda RX8 - 1.31.8
25th
Ford Focus RS - 1.32.2
26th
Lotus Esprit V8 - 1.32.5
27th
Audi TT V6 - 1.32.7
28th
Noble - 1.33.1
29th
Mercedes SL 55 AMG - 1.33.2
30th
Volkswagen Golf R32 - 1.33.2
And the rest:
Volvo S60R - 1.35.0
Ferrari 575 - 1.35.2
Alfa 147 GTA - 1.35.6
Lotus Elise - 1.35.6
Aston Martin Vanquish - 1.36.2
Renault Clio v6 - 1.36.2
Honda Civic Type R - 1.36.5
Saab 95 hot aero - 1.37.9
Mazzer - 1.38.0
Bowler Wildcat - 1.39.4
Bentley Arnarge - 1.40.8
Overfinch - 1.44.0

not bad for the money, not that far behind the STI
Old 05-29-2004, 07:05 AM   #158
GT2560
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5100
What I Drive: 2003.5 focus rs

FF Reputation: 1 GT2560 Good Standing Member
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Jflabeets
First they do make a Cosworth and this thread is about bringing the Euro Cosworth to the US

Wrong!

There is no such thing as a 'Focus Cosworth' in Europe (or anywhere else on the planet for that matter). The closest thing u will find, is on it's way to Greece next weekend for the Acropolis WRC!

Quarter mile times are fine, but on a twisty road, and I'm not talking about the turnpike off the freeway here, the Focus RS (which I am a pround owner of) will hold it's own with any Scooby including the STI, in the dry that that is.

I've had 4 Cosworths (2 2WD and 2 4WD) in the last 8 years, the Focus RS would easily beat any of them on the track, despite having less BHP on paper.

Scooby's are fine, if like changing engines every 70,000 miles (chocolate pistons)
Old 06-02-2004, 07:01 PM   #159
wrcfantoo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8711
What I Drive: 2002 ZX5 Automatic

FF Reputation: 1 wrcfantoo Good Standing Member
I'm late to the conversation here, but if a prospective Cosworth Focus were offered in the US and were competitive with the US model Subaru Impreza STi I would buy one.

I've had an '04 STi for over a year (and a ZX5 for over 2 years). The Cosworth version would have to be one hell of a car to match the STi on spec and performance and would have to be be competitive on price (say low $30K range). The last few years have been good to us in the US with the introduction of the Mitsu Evo, the STi and now the Golf R32. It's a niche market with only a few thousand of each model sold each year, but I think there's still plenty of room to add a few new models of really hot little WRC knock-offs without saturating the market.

Honestly though, I don't hold out much hope that Ford will import a Cosworth version to the US (if they build one at all). The US has always been left out of the Ford hot hatch market, and I guess I don't see Ford introducing a small performance car that would make the Mustang look silly. I'd be happy to see a next gen SVT Focus and might consider something like that as a replacement for our ZX5 if it were to come in a hatch model. (I really don't like the Focus sedans!)

I'll also say I'm a bit disappointed that the US is not getting the new Focus C1 chassis for the '05 model year as I understand it's an improvement over the current model. Well not exactly true, we do get the chassis under the Volvo S40 and Mazda 3...
Old 06-03-2004, 01:34 PM   #160
Jflabeets
Focus Enthusiast

Keep in mind that we are talking about what WE would pay based on what WE see.

I see a Subaru STI that IS faster than an RS focus.

I see the sticker price on the STI.

I do not see what the Cosworth can do as a production car.

If the Cosworth is faster then i will pay the same or more for it, If it is slower less that is all i am saying.

please stop taking this as a litteral hard nosed Discussion Its seems to be a "this car could do this if it had that" and that is a waste of time.

We are discussing A CONCEPT car and all opinions expressed are speculation. based on very limited information.
I am not posting any more as I do not want this to get off topic and ruin a good thread If you wish to argue with me take it to PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.