Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus RS & Focus Cosworth - How much are you willing to pay?

330K views 445 replies 282 participants last post by  BryanPendleton 
#1 ·
If Ford Motor Company brings the Focus RS & Cosworth to North America, would you buy one? If yes, how much are willing to pay?

Also, if you are interested, you can complete the petition below and we'll forward the information to Ford.
Sign Here! Petition to Ford Motor Company

We would also like to hear your opinions, so please feel free to express them here.

See less See more
#305 ·
i want an RS dammit....ill just wait till they bring it here and then ill trade my svt...untill then ill keep pampering my sweet sexy pitch black svt...

#306 ·
I'll take the cosworth because it looks badass bitchin, id pay 25000 to 30000 because im sure its fast and thats the point, it looks good and its fast, sweeeeett!!!

#310 ·
Give me that F'in Cosworth!!!
I'd give up my CTS-V and pay mid $30k for it, easily. From what I've read, it's an M3 killer. Anything than can outrun an STi, EVO, & M3 is worth $30k in my book.

Bottom line is that Ford USA will not release a car in the states that can outperform its Mustang line. The Cosworth and RS would take away from the new Mustang GT and all future specialty V8 models (Cobra, Bullitt, Mach1's, etc). Currently, Ford dominates the Pony car market with GM axing the Camaro & Firebirds.

I hope they see the success Subaru, Mistubishi, & Dodge have been having with Sport compacts.

The Focus Cosworth is rumored to be AWD with 300hp to the wheels. With 18% driveline that's an amazing amount of power. [:0]

We will probably never see it here. [:(]

#311 ·
^^^not true alot of people think it would take away from mustang sales and it actually wouldnt, at least not enough to make a significant impact. Most people buy the mustang for the simple fact that its a mustang, they wont care if there was a car offered by ford that was faster then it, especially if it was just a focus hatch, dont get me wrong i love the hatch but its not as widly accepted in the US.

#312 ·
FoMoCo wont do it they dont have the balls, its like all they care about is the frickin' stang and the rest of the line suffers. I drove T-birds for a long time and the supercoupe was my alltime favorite, in 94/95 it was one of ford's fastest cars and to improve on it would almost mean out doing the stang. So what did they do? they killed it and came out with crappy cruiser and marked it up so high that only a few people could afford it. I dont mean to get off topic but my point is they dont want you to have any others choices than the stangs. [mad]

#313 ·
I can see some of your points about it being competition for the stang, but I don't think it would affect mustang sales that much. Like someone said earlier.. if someone is in the market for a mustang, they are not going to get a focus no matter how fast it is. It does not appeal to the pony-car enthusiast very much. Front drive is not seen as good for performance and not even having more than 4 cylinders is a big deal.
I am a convert from this way of thinking thanks to my test-drive in an SVTF after recommendation from a friend after I gave him a bad time about his SVTF... lol... funny how things work out.

#318 ·
meh. for what it would cost, you can build up your run o the mill zx3 to be better, much better. The RS is not that fast. Sure the power output is a bit higher than a SVT, but with all the extra equipment, its a heavy car.
*note* before all of you RS fanboys get on me, I've driven a RS, on US roads, and wasn't really impressed, aside from the "rare" factor of the car. Well, I wasn't until I drove it again, after Garett did a very nice turbo upgrade...

#322 ·
Focus RS 2.0 Turbo FOR SALE!!

Hi Guys I have here FOCUS RS 2.0 Turbo 2003 For sale....as your admins dont want me to pt this up for sale in the right place I will be trying other ways cause I think you deserve to know about this!!!

THIS IS NOT SCAM....you can contact, call me I can provide you with everything to convince you this is not a scam!

I am trying to sell or exchange MY!!! FOCUS RS 2.0 Turbo...be aware....this is European version the car is in UK and would need to be imported.

The production number is 1193...I am the second owner.

I am looking to exchange for STI or EVO!

Once again....sorry to everyone....thanx to your admins....I could not put his in sale section...so i had no other chance to isert my ad...

For more info contact me if you have any questions Ill be more than happy to answer...

Take care Tomas

#323 ·
Hi Guys I have here FOCUS RS 2.0 Turbo 2003 For sale....as your admins dont want me to pt this up for sale in the right place I will be trying other ways cause I think you deserve to know about this!!!

THIS IS NOT SCAM....you can contact, call me I can provide you with everything to convince you this is not a scam!

I am trying to sell or exchange MY!!! FOCUS RS 2.0 Turbo...be aware....this is European version the car is in UK and would need to be imported.

The production number is 1193...I am the second owner.

I am looking to exchange for STI or EVO!

Once again....sorry to everyone....thanx to your admins....I could not put his in sale section...so i had no other chance to isert my ad...

For more info contact me if you have any questions Ill be more than happy to answer...

Take care Tomas
Well that's because you did NOT have 25 posts to sell.
Then once I told you that.
You posted all over I have a Focus RS for sale. Which DOES NOT count as legit posts.
You just seem to be a scam. That is all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.