Zetec build - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #61
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115321
What I Drive: 2003 silver svt zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jd1017 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I need to watch out for the heat around the pan. And I'd defiantly have to have a cat cause of emissions. And ill check if he has done it I bet he hasn't tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #62
TexasFoCi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118867
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 2 TexasFoCi Good Standing Member
Emissions.....Just go to michigan and register your car there. No emissions. Have terry Haynes install a LSD while your over there. Summer road trip. there ya go.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #63
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115321
What I Drive: 2003 silver svt zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jd1017 Good Standing Member
Ain't got tha time. And gonna have to use Tennessee emissions, im going to look at the svt today. if the timing belt wasn't done should i replace it?? cause i really don't wanna have to get myself a new motor in the event that it goes out.

other then that, i was told it'd be smart to replace motor mounts too just for regular maintenance
was just thinking do a tune up, motor mounts timing belt, fresh suspension do a oil change on it

good odds that i will be getting the svt as long as there isnt leaks and such cause its only got 95k miles
id be doing the body work to make it all look 10/10 body. tent the windows some rims, toms tune and about toms tune i know almost nothing about but i would like to do a tune on it from what i read its worth the money.

I just test drove the svt and I love it. easy to drive I had no problem driving it as I thought id have considering im not good with a manual on most cars but I love it lol really considering getting it, when I got there tho one thing that kinda bothered me was the car was really hot and when I went to check the oil level nothing was on the dipstick, second time I pulled it out it had little on it but it was fresh clean oil any thoughts??

Last edited by jd1017; 12-28-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #64
achett1991
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 133122
What I Drive: 2003 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 achett1991 Good Standing Member
Im trying to build my automatic zx3 wife wont let me swap a 5speed in her cause she dont like manuals. And from all my other friends they see that automatics are best for boost cause it holds boost all he way through the shift i havent tried myself but i might just to see the difference i onlt have a throttlebody spacer and cold air i take sith k&n filter and 2.5" exhaust but i havent really noticed a gain of power from anything i also have the zetec dohc mayne i need to just rip it down and build fresh shes got 147968 miles on her and suggestions will be appreciated and welcome
Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #65
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
TB spacer are junk and worthless on any fuel injected car.

stock auto wont hold any additional power. looking at a better tranny which will cost you a few thousand.

Auto ok for drag stuff, but any stuff to do the turns a manual is better becuase you have more control of your entry and exit RPM's.

lentech transmissions make the upgraded transmission for the focus. Tune by Tom will help firm up shift points. but the auto transmission is the weak point in the system it does not handle much over the few bolt ons that are available.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 03-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #66
craps
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101044
What I Drive: 2000 sedan

FF Reputation: 1 craps Good Standing Member
for 2500 I could buy a 5 speed dohc focus and a turbo, manifold, intercooler, injectors, and some engine management, and have a 200+whp focus. would be fun. if I had 2500 to spend though id get something cooler then a focus lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks