Zetec build - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #51
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115321
What I Drive: 2003 silver svt zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jd1017 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah im just not the best with a manual. sure id get use to it tho=/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #52
TexasFoCi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118867
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 2 TexasFoCi Good Standing Member
Your late for work and Driving onto the on ramp of the tollway. There are 5 cars in staggered lanes that have been holding you back from passing. When you get to the end of the ramp you Down Shift to 3rd, Floor your newly modded focus and pass the traffic, shifting into 4th as you switch lanes to pass the last two cars. Open highway ahead, cruising as fast as you want to go, you smoothly shift into 5th and listen to that new exhaust Prr like a kitten,

That is why you drive a manual
Control, speed management, and FUN!!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #53
enjoisk8r2211
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 129226
What I Drive: 2002 Green (Pearl Metallic) Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 enjoisk8r2211 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFoCi View Post
Your late for work and Driving onto the on ramp of the tollway. There are 5 cars in staggered lanes that have been holding you back from passing. When you get to the end of the ramp you Down Shift to 3rd, Floor your newly modded focus and pass the traffic, shifting into 4th as you switch lanes to pass the last two cars. Open highway ahead, cruising as fast as you want to go, you smoothly shift into 5th and listen to that new exhaust Prr like a kitten,

That is why you drive a manual
Control, speed management, and FUN!!
Oh, the visuals...
* Rally Revolution #226
2002 Focus SE -------> Belded 8mm wires, auto-lite doible-platinum plugs, air box resonator delete, stock rims/winter tires, 10,000k hid's.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #54
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

Awsome! Lol I can drive one it's just the thing that scares me is rolling back into someone and hills:/

I'm going tomarrow to look at a svt with 95k miles on it few little things wrong
My plans for it is wrap the headers tune lower little with springs where it sets level and nice tent windows fresh paint a toms tune paint the stock svt rims (silver completely stock svt) thinking black and around the outside part of rim a nice darker orange color, anything as far as a catback exhaust I should look for? I like a nice tone not to loud. Heard as far as intake keep stock box with a cold air intake tube with k&n filter
Old 12-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #55
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
for hills its called a hand brake... :-)

if its already a drop / lower it will cost a bit more.

The SVT is fairly tapped out. there are few things you can do that don't cost some $$. An SVT will be like a completely different car than your ZTS.

What do they say is wrong with the car?

Also to note the SVT motor is an interference motor so while the standard Zetec if the timing belt goes you just are stuck on the side of the road. The SVT the timing belt goes and your out a motor.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 12-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #56
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

front window is cracked bad. for the body to be perfect its got a little ding in the back hatch paints off an little rust and the hood has a little dent in it, 02 sensors (id be bringing a scanner with me to make sure that's there isn't a million codes cause check engine light will be on) and he said that strut may be bad cause on one side he said sits little lower. that's it tho no leaks (id be making sure on that) so not bad really I work in a shop an can do the o2 sensors myself may need a cat so im aware of that too.

askin price is 3900 for it. 95k miles im gunna offer 3500 for it. I like it im gunna go tomarrow for test drive and check it out

what do you think about the little things id do to it if I get it? that I listed above=/
and I was told to use the hand brake hah. and for the drop I was thinking just stock svt suspension an if it doesn't sit how I like get lowering springs?

and what? timeing belt goes out id need new motor?? or id jus need to tow an then replace it? hmmmmmmm good idea to change the timing belt when I get it?
Old 12-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #57
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

The Zetec motors are non interference meaning if the timing belt brakes the pistons when at TDC and the valves open do not come in contact. due to the different head and higher compression the SVT Focus is an interference motor. so if the timing belt brakes the pistons will hit the valves.

So on a regular Zetec a broken timing belt just leaves you on the side of the road to replace the belt.

Timing belt goes on the SVT focus your not only left on the side of the road, you also have to repair the motor and replace the belt.

DONT go with BOSH O2 sensors, they have known to not last very long on our cars. I have them and have not had problems but many have them fail 1-2 years later.

Windshield get one that has a lifetime warranty (Techniglass??)

its already going to be lower than your ZTS (IIRC about 3/4") so just refreshing the suspension will be good.

I have not heard of many CAT's going bad on the focus its usually the O2. If your getting a tune you may just want to off road pipe it if you dont care about the emissions and "cheating".

its a 10 year old car. any dings and dents will be expected and cant really be avoided.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 12-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #58
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

I know about the dings it's just this car would be my baby I want it looking its best lol, so should I replace the timing belt??? would that be suggested? Just to be safe? And I hear about the orp what exactly is that?? And where could I find it to see?
Old 12-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #59
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Just find out if he has replaced it yet or not. 95k miles it should have been done.

ORP = Off Road Pipe. it fits in where the CAT would be. you unbolt the CAT and bolt in the ORP. the noise is substantial though and you need either a tune or a 02 cheater to keep the check engine light off. if you have state emissions then they will likely fail you if there is any type of visual inspection. The car likely wont have it, the SVT has a CAT that runs under the oil pan. the heat shield may be rusted off, not un-common.
Hatch Nation #42

Old 12-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #60
TexasFoCi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118867
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 2 TexasFoCi Good Standing Member
THE (ORP) Off Road Pipe is not that much louder, just make sure you have good gaskets and use some high temp gasket seal for all of you exhaust parts. I have a MRBP Exhaust so it is a little loud when I really hit the GO button but just cruising it is fine. I hear the Borla and the Focus Central Cat back are pretty good at bringing down the sound. If you use a SVT Catyltic Converter you might have some fitment issues as I did. It was way to close to the Oil Pan and could of caused some major damage. I had plenty of space with the ORP and just wrapped some heat wrap around the part by oil pan.

Bookmarks & Social Networks