Zetec build - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115321
What I Drive: 2003 silver svt zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jd1017 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The svt headers? Does it fit just right without having to change things? The svt suspension I couldn't find for some reason all it shows is stock zx3 suspension. What would I search to find the cams and can gears? Milled head does??? I do have leaks. My tire rods are good I work in shop and just checked all is tight. My motor mounts arnt broken or anything but would that still help?? Synthetic oil from the usual 5w20??

Iv got random headers and catback exhaust but I'm sure the svt would be better the thing is will it all fit?? I for sure want to do a tune. Thanks for all the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
enjoisk8r2211
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 129226
What I Drive: 2002 Green (Pearl Metallic) Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 enjoisk8r2211 Good Standing Member
As far as I've seen there are a few pieces involved in the svt header swap.
Suspension doesn't exactly mean svt suspension. You can use bigger sway bars, and coilovers/drop springs.
Could check stage 2+ Comp cams? Plus adjustable cam gears.
As far as your other stuff, in would always suggest maintenance before digging into parts. Make sure the motor can handle a build. Of course an intake, plugs/wires, and a cat back aren't necessarily something you should wait to do. Maintenance usually includes a tune up, hence plugs/wires/air filter.

Definitely fix all leaks. Then build mildly, intake/exhaust/headers make a good beginning. Plugs and wires as well. Have someone when knows what they're doing help build the heads and cams.
* Rally Revolution #226
2002 Focus SE -------> Belded 8mm wires, auto-lite doible-platinum plugs, air box resonator delete, stock rims/winter tires, 10,000k hid's.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #23
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

thanks I will, i did tune up (filter plug and wires, coil pack has been replaced too)
the suspension (coilovers) i looked and its around 1k just for that. not wanting to really spend 1k on just suspension that's, my leaks arnt bad really you can jus see oil thinking oil sending unit is leaking but every time i go to do my oil change my level isn't low at all an i don't add anything between oil changes done every 3k miles.i do have some squeaking noise from my suspension right now when takein turns, i have a really messed up driveway with holes in it.(if im fixing the car up id be parkin bottem of driveway so i wouldn't be hurting anything). im for sure wanting to get a tune but thinkin bout it if i wer to jus do stock shock and strust its still gunna be around 1k probably am i right? sooooo heres the plan? fix all leaks go for cams an adjustable cam gears milled heads intake, tune and suspension, sway bars. (should i start running synthetic in my car?? now i just use 5w20).

iv got headers and catback exhaust but they are just ebay pacesetters headers i think it was and cant remember the catback (was long time ago i know better then to jus slap ebay crap on my car but i did it anyways=/)
Old 12-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #24
enjoisk8r2211
Focus Enthusiast

Do your leak fixes first.
Then exhaust, port your throttle body (free),
Then i suggest looking into an intake. Gotta make it breathe or youre wasting money on bigger mods.
mill your heads and cams at the same time. Then tune. Then fix problems.
* Rally Revolution #226
2002 Focus SE -------> Belded 8mm wires, auto-lite doible-platinum plugs, air box resonator delete, stock rims/winter tires, 10,000k hid's.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
enjoisk8r2211
Focus Enthusiast

As far as oil, I don't suggest switching to synthetic if you've never used it. Some people swear by it, but synthetic oil has a habit of trying SO HARD to clean a system that has been run on regular oil, that it will actually cause leaks due to degrading dirty,old seals. Just from my experience.

I run castrol 10-40. It may help with leaks, its thicker oil. Less likely to get in small leaks as fast a a thinner one.
* Rally Revolution #226
Old 12-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
SVT suspension = http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepart...m#.UrtrZ_RDuSo

if you dont know what a mill head does or how to do it then I would advise you dont touch anything other than bolt on's until you do research to know exactly what is needed.

C-F-M (www.c-f-m.com) is a great resource and a great company. William with C-F-M has done me right and have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from them. They provided I would say 90% of the parts for my rebuild and have bought previous items from them. you can search there catalog and see what is available.

so the header is a shorty? that is doing next to nothing for you. perhaps 1-2HP

SVT with a tune will net you 10-15HP dyno proven and if found on the for sale section will yield the highest HP/$ of any bolt on mod.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 12-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #27
jd1017
Focus Enthusiast

I meen I have a idea of mill heads from guys at work having to send em off, sure they could help me with it. So I need to look for svt exhaust? Ill probably doing all of this. Fixing my leaks ASAP. What will milling and changeing cams do for me? That suspension is kinda cheap, that's front struts and rear shocks?? That then springs? Or use stock springs?
Old 12-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #28
enjoisk8r2211
Focus Enthusiast

Its all new springs from what I see. Lowers your car a little too. Cams and milling heads gives you power, though I'm not sure how much.
* Rally Revolution #226
Old 12-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #29
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The whole point of milling or decking the head would be to up the compression ratio. you can get away with 0.030" but I would not go further than that. I shaved mine 0.020" but I also had gone with lower compression pistons. Higher compression = higher HP on a NA car. you either reduce the compression and go FI or up the compression and stay NA.

this will require you to run a higher octane due to a higher compression ratio.

Cams would allow for the valve train to open for longer or deeper or both so the air will be "easier" to flow in or out.

you have to watch for the CAMS though as there are only a few that can be had with the stock valve train and with out machining of the head to allow for clearance of the cams. this is why it is recommended to have the cams fitted and clearance when the head is being machined.

Cam gears will allow for the car to be dyno tuned. people have gotten as much as 5-10 HP after that on stock cams alone due to the "slop" that is present in the stock timing system.

its all new springs, dampners, and a rear swaybar (larger if you already have one). It is the SVT suspension. Its also new, which any car with 10 year old springs, and shocks that are OEM could do with a refresh.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 12-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #30
enjoisk8r2211
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
Its also new, which any car with 10 year old springs, and shocks that are OEM could do with a refresh.
And well worth the money... most cars are 200+ just for springs...
* Rally Revolution #226

Bookmarks & Social Networks