Jackson Racing Supercharger - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
ChrisL911

Fan#: 17435
FF Reputation: 1 ChrisL911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Jackson Racing Supercharger

Im looking into the Jackson Racing Supercharger kit.

Just wondering if anyone has any problems with the kit? "ie need extra parts missing stuff"

If it was easy to install or if you should bring it into the shop and get someone to do it?

What kinda powe gain's are you looken at? "the dyno's they show on the website are one thing"

What quarter mile times you looken at with the supercharger?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
Silver03SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10546
What I Drive: 2009 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Silver03SVT Good Standing Member
From what I have seen the JRSC only provides moderate power gains, around 195 -215 bhp or 195 - 200 whp and around 170 to 190 btq. These numbers should put the car into the low to mid 14s; if your a good driver you may see high 13s. The kit can be installed in a weekend with basic hand tools and if your mechanically inclined you should have no trouble. Not sure about any other required or missing parts. The JRSC has pretty good potential, you can install a different pully to boost the pressure which will add even more hp, plus being a whipple style system it will have great reliability. And you cant beat the price either.

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 01-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am going to get one myself as I am not looking to smoke Vette's or 300HP WRX's. Your probably like me looking for some decent gains out of something reliable and relatively easy to install and not have to rob a bank to be able to get one. I have some experience with supercharged cars as I use to own a 2000 Grand Prix GTP and I had swapped the blower pulley and got a lot more power out of it. Not having an intercooler does kinda suck but if you don't go too crazy with it (IE. install a 2 1/2" blower pulley = blown engine waiting to happen) you should be ok and be happy with it.
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #4
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Wrong Forum, will be moved to Forced Induction.....
Old 01-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
SVT03
Banned

Fan#: 3742
What I Drive: '05 COBALT SS

FF Reputation: 1 SVT03 Good Standing Member
How much are they? Aren't they like $2500?
Old 01-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #6
ChrisL911

Fan#: 17435
FF Reputation: 1 ChrisL911 Good Standing Member
thx for the info guys. Reliability is a big issue also. Thats why im gunna wait till next winter to put it on. Ill have a winter car for next year and while my SVT is in the garage ill slap it on. I only have about 29000 Km on it right now so by the end of the summer ill probibaly have 50 K at the most. Nice and ready for a lil more power :D
Old 01-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #7
blee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5962
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 blee Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by jaykirs
I am going to get one myself as I am not looking to smoke Vette's or 300HP WRX's. Your probably like me looking for some decent gains out of something reliable and relatively easy to install and not have to rob a bank to be able to get one. I have some experience with supercharged cars as I use to own a 2000 Grand Prix GTP and I had swapped the blower pulley and got a lot more power out of it. Not having an intercooler does kinda suck but if you don't go too crazy with it (IE. install a 2 1/2" blower pulley = blown engine waiting to happen) you should be ok and be happy with it.
Hey, I used to have a 2000 GTP too. That was my first new car. Had it modded nicely, too, but sold it a couple of years ago. Great car; I still miss it from time to time.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
I hear ya blee, I sold mine about 1 1/2 years ago because I got laid off and I still miss it. With the mods I had, that car would haul ass, I loved it!! I could smoke Mustang GT's with it :-)
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #9
superchargedSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14655
What I Drive: 04' Orange SVT Focus w/ EAP

FF Reputation: 1 superchargedSVT Good Standing Member
I have the JRSC, and for the money I spent for everything I could have put anither grand with it and got Tom's turbo kit. I didn't because I want to be safe, I know that if I had gotten a turbo I would eventually over boost the turbo and blow it up. I do however reccomend that if you get one have it installed, that way if they [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] it up they will have to fix it. Also, while it's in the shop go ahead and have a clutch and flywheel put in along with the Focus-Central orp. Then go to your local muffler shop and get a resonator, this is a must because your cat will eventually stop up. I got some gauges (air/fuel, boost, and egt), that I reccomend you to do so you can monitor your cars performance. Last, when everything is said and done get the ecu tuned and do away with the power card that comes with the kit, alot of people have problems with misfiring, I am one of them people. I am planning to get mine tuned this weekend, and if you like I will email you amnd tell you how it done on the dyno.
Mods: focus sport CAI, Apexi turbo N1 muffler, Jackson Racing s/c, focus sport 12lb. flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch, Focus Central orp, dyno-tune, VIS carbon fiber hood and hatch, Eibach pro-kit springs, 215/45/17 Fuzion ZR1
Old 01-18-2005, 10:51 PM   #10
Eschew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10267
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 Eschew Good Standing Member
SuperchargedSVT, PLease post your results here ... there are more than a few of us interested on your results. The Jackson is reasonably priced and is the first one out. I did not like the Vortech as it relocate the battery to the bumper, the procharger is not ready for the SVT yet and the intercooler is located way too low. So, what else is there? Back to the JRSC which is easiest to install ..... I heard about the check engine light and the over rich problems, Other than that, has it been mostly reliable?

Eschew

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->