new ST owner here - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #1
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast
 
GoldenHour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103427
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

Posts: 352
FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
new ST owner here

today I traded in my 2012 SEL Hatch on a 2014 ST1. both cars are tuxedo and both cost me me $20400. the dealership gave me $1050 on trade-in. my SEL had 23k miles and the DCT had been acting up as of 21k miles.

I love the focus but I've lost faith in the DCT and Ford's willingness to address the problem and fix it.

anyhow I've found a problem the ST: condensation in one headlight. no big deal. i'll get it sorted out.


GoldenHour is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
Fierceintent
Focus Enthusiast
 
Fierceintent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117556
Location: houston, TX
What I Drive: 04 infra red Svt, 03 2.3 red sedan

Posts: 381
FF Reputation: 1 Fierceintent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So you only got 1050$ for your car 2012...
Fierceintent is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,274
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierceintent View Post
So you only got 1050$ for your car 2012...
The OP dropped a zero, in their other post they said they got $10500 for the 12.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic
 
mac.mogul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90409
Location: Wichita, KS
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Posts: 3,670
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Seriously? KBB Trade in on my '11 SES is $10500... That's unfortunate but the ST is a nice upgrade.
__________________
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
mac.mogul is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast
 
GoldenHour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103427
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

Posts: 352
FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Seriously? KBB Trade in on my '11 SES is $10500... That's unfortunate but the ST is a nice upgrade.
i'll bet you wouldn't get anywhere near that on a trade-in especially when the focus is heavily discounted. I wasn't going to haggle for a couple of thousand dollars. I wanted out.
GoldenHour is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast
 
GoldenHour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103427
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

Posts: 352
FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierceintent View Post
So you only got 1050$ for your car 2012...
obviously a a typo as another poster kindly pointed out.
GoldenHour is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,160
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHour View Post
today I traded in my 2012 SEL Hatch on a 2014 ST1. both cars are tuxedo and both cost me me $20400. the dealership gave me $1050 on trade-in. my SEL had 23k miles and the DCT had been acting up as of 21k miles.

I love the focus but I've lost faith in the DCT and Ford's willingness to address the problem and fix it.

anyhow I've found a problem the ST: condensation in one headlight. no big deal. i'll get it sorted out.
Hey GoldenHour,

I'm happy you stuck with the Ford Family. Have you been to the dealer for the headlight condensation? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast
 
GoldenHour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103427
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

Posts: 352
FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hey GoldenHour,

I'm happy you stuck with the Ford Family. Have you been to the dealer for the headlight condensation? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd
thank you. to be honest I figured i'd get the best deal from Ford as opposed to Toyota or Subaru, and I wasn't about to sell my DCT focus to a private party. I do like the focus though. just have no faith in the DCT.

I went to the dealership today and they need to have a tech see the condensation. so i'll run my car through the car wash and go back tomorrow. they'll have to order a new light assembly which costs $1800.
GoldenHour is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #9
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,274
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHour View Post
thank you. to be honest I figured i'd get the best deal from Ford as opposed to Toyota or Subaru, and I wasn't about to sell my DCT focus to a private party. I do like the focus though. just have no faith in the DCT.

I went to the dealership today and they need to have a tech see the condensation. so i'll run my car through the car wash and go back tomorrow. they'll have to order a new light assembly which costs $1800.
Wait since when did a headlamp for the base ST1/2 cost $1800? More like $305.22 tops at retail. The HID housings are the ones that costed closer to $1800-2000+ empty.

__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast
 
GoldenHour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103427
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

Posts: 352
FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Wait since when did a headlamp for the base ST1/2 cost $1800? More like $305.22 tops at retail. The HID housings are the ones that costed closer to $1800-2000+ empty.

hey i'm just the middleman relaying what I was told.

my service rep was fairly new so she may have been mistaken or she may have been lying to me. pick one. I think she was mistaken. she clearly wasn't as knowledgeable as you.

the point she was making was she had to have the condensation verified by a tech before she could order the light or she would get into trouble and unfortunately the condensation had dissipated by the time I got to the dealership.

I ran my car through the carwash so its fogged up now.
GoldenHour is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.