Winter Tires - Can I Save Money Purchasing the Lower Priced Tires? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #11
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
So because you didn't have the money 50 years ago to buy snow tires, they're now unnecessary and nobody should use them?

Great advice.
Taking it out of context.
I an saying having some guy who sells tires posting videos of scary shit and saying buy snow tires (becuase this may happen to you) is not a good thing.
Most folks do not neeed snow tires, and the videos showing ice would not have had any difference at all with snow tires or not, Then the videos of snow crashes most of those are idiots driving and again snow tires would not have changed the results.
True snow tires can help if you live in the wilds.. Or in really big snow country. But for the vast majority of people all season tires are all you need.

Taking the bald whatever out of context is fine. Just so you know all you want is to start a fight, then ok. if you want to discuss why I wrote about this at all then I can do that too.
I mentioned bald tires as a youth simply to suggest is is possible to get by. maybe you never had to 'get by' and so it is unthinkable to do so. I can't answer that for you. Clearly another poster also has memories of driving on bald tires in Winter. I guess some of us can manage without too many probems. If you cannot manage, then by all means get snow tires.
If you do not want to have any worries and have lots of free cash, then get snow tires..

My comments are for folks who wonder if this stuff is true.. Well no, most folks do not need snow tires. If you think you do. well good for you. Go buy some.

If you think my posts are a crime against humanity as my evil suggestion will lead some fool to not buy snow tires and then crash into your family and kill them all. Well good imagination dude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #12
BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97166
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 BlueFocusSE5 Good Standing Member
It's amazing that there are still some people who refuse to acknowledge facts, even when presented in an irrefutable video test format. Oh well.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 11 Joeywhat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You post the same thing in EVERY thread about snow tires...you made it by just fine way back when, so there's no need for them.

We get it, you made it through the 20th century alive having never bought snow tires. That doesn't make it smart, and it doesn't mean you need to go to every thread about it and say that, as you're giving people the wrong idea about snow tires and their benefits. All it does it further push the idea that tires are inconsequential and people should stop worrying about it. Things like that get people killed, and the amount of people on the road with incredibly unsafe tires is already disturbing enough.
Hatch Nation #29
Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Well said!

Every year more motorists are killed by snowy, icy roads than all other severe weather combined.

A good set of winter tires is simply common sense.

I wish the bald tire troll would just go away, before their irresponsible advice gets fellow Focus Fanatic forum members killed, as you noted!

Last edited by BlueFocusSE5; 12-07-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Joeywhat - I wonder if this person that expounds all the supposed benefits of driving on bald tires in the snow and ice is willing to accept the legal liability of their irresponsible advice, encouraging Focus Fanatic forum members to drive around on bald tires in snowy, icy, slippery conditions? How many people will they get to follow this suicidal advice and have fellow Focus Fanatic forum members get into accidents, causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to their vehicles, other motorists vehicles, injuries and even deaths? That would be lawsuit after lawsuit. Not too smart to encourage Focus Fanatic forum members to drive on bald tires, especially in the snow, which is illegal by the way, because it's obviously dangerous. When it comes to someone's very life, trolling isn't funny at all. They'd be very wise to delete their irresponsible comments.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Eliz;

Your advice to fellow Focus Fanatic forums is totally incorrect, if not downright irresponsible and dangerous. You clearly lack knowledge of winter tires, as you don't even know they aren't called snow tires anymore. The vast majority of all-season tires do not have an ice compound, which when the temperature dips below freezing, permits the tread compound to freeze making it very stiff and resulting traction goes right out the window. Good quality winter tires do have ice compounds which prevents the tread compound from freezing and greatly enhancing traction on snowy, icy roads. Your irresponsible advice is absolutely atrocious.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

So the guy posting a video with the intent of claiming that snow tires will solve driving on glare ice is OK?
Reminds me of the people driving four wheel drive cars like idiots.. They think "I have a 4 wheel drive so I do not have to be careful".
And they end up in the ditch.
Same thing with snow tires.. The driver is way more important than the tires.

And on the glare ice videos.. NO snow tire is gonna solve what is happening. In fact i bet many of those drivers, particulary the video bits from Canada Do in fact have snow tires on their cars!
The ONLY device which could 'save' them would be chains.. On any sort of grade, and glare ice.. snow tires are NOT gonna be of any use.
If the roads has a snow ice mix, then yes snow tires can help.

I have no issue with folks wanting to use snow tires.. None. What I have issue with is the crusade to try to get others to use snow tires..
Now if it helps someone who should be using them? Fine. But blanket stuff like this post, using bogus scare videos "AS IF" snow tires will 'save' the watcher from those accidents is WORSE than my saying do not bother.

So in your claims: "Oh I have snow tires so I can go drive in the blizzard, no problem. Gee freezing rain? no probem, I can go out and drive even though I have no need because I have snow tires.."
So who is guilty of what?

What I want is the truth. And those videos, with the idea that snow tires can save the driver from those perils is a lie.

==========

I admit i brag about not using snow tires.. yeah I am guilty. And yes I probably post all the time I do not use snow tires..
Sorry.
For some folks I am certain (as i have written: in rural situations. and in areas further North, Snow tires may be a neccessity.)
For my situation, metro area driving.. NO . no need at all.

Last edited by Elizabeth; 12-08-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #18
BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Your comments are totally irresponsible and reprehensible, putting the lives of fellow Focus Fanatics forum members at risk. For shame.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFocusSE5 View Post
Your comments are totally irresponsible and reprehensible, putting the lives of fellow Focus Fanatics forum members at risk. For shame.
Why thank you for totally missing the point.I guess selling tires is more important than looking and seeing the truth,
I have no problem with the blind leading the blind..
Old 12-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
You post the same thing in EVERY thread about snow tires...you made it by just fine way back when, so there's no need for them.

We get it, you made it through the 20th century alive having never bought snow tires. That doesn't make it smart, and it doesn't mean you need to go to every thread about it and say that, as you're giving people the wrong idea about snow tires and their benefits. All it does it further push the idea that tires are inconsequential and people should stop worrying about it. Things like that get people killed, and the amount of people on the road with incredibly unsafe tires is already disturbing enough.
So you go to every snow tire thread too? So you think your opinion is the only one allowed?
No where did I say tires are not important. Tires are really important. Generalizing what i did say into some sort of anti life stance is hilarious.

I guess you guys work for some company that makes snow tires or something..
Why don''t you misquote some ot the other comments I made beside the bald tires bit. that is getting kind of old.

This thread reminds me of other fanboy threads where a few guys decide what is best for everybody, then sell it hard.
Like I wrote,,, you all must work for a snow tire factory...
I guess you are worried I am cutting into your market share?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->