Woohoo! She's here! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
Spitfire22
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120066
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL SGM HB

FF Reputation: 1 Spitfire22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
congrats on the car, must be fun to order one, perhaps my next car..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #22
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119488
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 4 Romans5.8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire22 View Post
congrats on the car, must be fun to order one, perhaps my next car..........
Yeah I guess it's fun. I'd have taken one off the lot if they had what I wanted. But ultimately they didn't! Didn't make a difference on the price so I was gonna order EXACTLY what I wanted!
2011 Honda Shadow Aero, Candy Red (Wife's Bike)
Old 12-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
I ordered my car as well. It seemed the ones on the lot had more stuff than I ever would have wanted or they were lacking stuff I did want. In 2012 when the SEL model was around, it came with so much stuff the only option I added was a moon roof. The black absolutely looks slick!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #24
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
I ordered my car as well. It seemed the ones on the lot had more stuff than I ever would have wanted or they were lacking stuff I did want. In 2012 when the SEL model was around, it came with so much stuff the only option I added was a moon roof. The black absolutely looks slick!
Problem I had is I didn't want a whole bunch of options and packages; but I did want a few things- and I wanted a manual. The manual, in dealer stock, was mostly on base S models. I also didn't want a beefed up trim level.

IMHO, the SE Sport is the best bang-for-the-buck trim level. You get a lot of car for not a lot of money over base (although I actually ended up getting it for the same price as base, hehe). When you start moving into leather, MyFord Touch, Navigation, etc. (not that those things aren't worth it to some people), you start adding expensive packages and really jumping the price up. But the SE is a great platform, slap the sport package on for a few hundred more- and you really do have a premium compact- under $20k!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #25
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Congrats on the new car. One suggestion for continuEd happiness: stay away from the "Problems/TSB" section of this forum unless you actually notice a problem with yours. If you spend time there you will conclude it's only a matter of weeks before your nice, new car turns into an oil-burning, strut-clunking, rusting, tire-destroying, rattling, leaking, noisy, et al problem.

Ford sells a lot of these and, like any automaker, a few bad one will get out the door. A lot of dealer service departments are great, but some are not. Most owners have reasonable expectations, but not all. If you spend time in the problems area will be convinced that the experience of a modest percentage of owners with problems will become your experience, too. (Assuming you don't have the DCT, of course...)
Word!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

The best bang for the buck was the SEL model that is now gone. Just to equip a 2014 SE with the same equipment that came with the SEL costs $2000 more than it use to in 2012
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #27
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
The best bang for the buck was the SEL model that is now gone. Just to equip a 2014 SE with the same equipment that came with the SEL costs $2000 more than it use to in 2012
Guess it's all relative, but I still think the current SE Sport is a better bang-for-the-buck than the SEL. At only a couple grand over base you get rear disc brakes, fog lights, cruise control, sync, two tone seats, spoiler, etc. When you start adding things on top of that, including the Ti trim level, etc., you start adding a lot of cost while only getting a little bit of extras.

Just my opinion anyway! I'm happy with what I've got.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #28
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

When I bought my 2012 SEL I played Ford dealer vs Ford dealer and ended up paying 7% over dealer invoice for my SEL with moonroof that brought the price slightly over 20K by the time you add tax, title, etc. The SEL came with rear discs, cruise, sync and all that along with a slightly different interior color scheme and the 16 inch wheels. But the SEL also had the overhead console, leather wheel, ambient lighting (not necessary, but now that I have it, I would hate NOT to have it), lighted vanity mirrors on both visors, and the built-in garage door opener buttons in the driver's visor, the shifter buttons for the DCT( better gas mileage than a 5sp manual), USB and line in ports in the center console. No wonder Ford dropped it in favor of option packages on the SE, makes more sense for them from a profit standpoint. However whichever model you have from S to T they all have a wonderfully quiet ride, handle superbly and get great gas mileage. You can't really lose with any of the new Focus cars!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
When I bought my 2012 SEL I played Ford dealer vs Ford dealer and ended up paying 7% over dealer invoice for my SEL with moonroof that brought the price slightly over 20K by the time you add tax, title, etc. The SEL came with rear discs, cruise, sync and all that along with a slightly different interior color scheme and the 16 inch wheels. But the SEL also had the overhead console, leather wheel, ambient lighting (not necessary, but now that I have it, I would hate NOT to have it), lighted vanity mirrors on both visors, and the built-in garage door opener buttons in the driver's visor, the shifter buttons for the DCT( better gas mileage than a 5sp manual), USB and line in ports in the center console. No wonder Ford dropped it in favor of option packages on the SE, makes more sense for them from a profit standpoint. However whichever model you have from S to T they all have a wonderfully quiet ride, handle superbly and get great gas mileage. You can't really lose with any of the new Focus cars!!!
For sure!

And that's where it's all relative, I think. I ended up paying just under $17k for nearly all of those same features except for ambient lighting, the garage door openers, and moon roof. I have the lighted mirrors, rear disc, etc. etc. 5spd manual, sport seats and wheels (love those). To ME, that $17k for that feature set is a better bang-for-buck than $20k for your feature set; namely because most of those features aren't features I'd really use or care for. BUT, that's why Ford has so many different packages to choose from! I DO wish they allowed more a la carte options, and didn't require packages, though.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #30
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I know you guys paid cheap but what was the actual window sticker price for those trim levels and options? That's easier to compare bang for the buck since what actual paid varies too much. Mine stickered at just under $22k but after incentives and rebates I was closer to $18k out the door.
My SE has the leather wheel and shift knob (part of the sport package) and the USB and line in ports and the SEL we looked at had only a few more bling items that I could do without. I was also partial to the sport seats vs the others and with the 5spd being the quicker simpler choice the DCT was off my list right away and we lucked out when my wife saw the red candy Focus from the road as we passed the dealer and when we went and looked at it it was pretty much equipped as we would've ordered it short of the heated seats and mirrors.

and then added what I wanted to make it mine.

Bookmarks & Social Networks