Woohoo! She's here! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119488
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 4 Romans5.8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Woohoo! She's here!

Ordered: 2 October 2013
Built: 25 November 2013 (Completed 26 November)
Delivered: 4 December 2013

Not bad! My most recent ETA was December 10th, so hey- I can't complain! Got myself a 2014 Ford Focus SE Sport, tuxedo black!

Will post more pics after I have a chance to polish it with some Menzerna P085rd and make this thing shine! For now, you know what a black focus looks like!

The steering wheel has changed for 2014 unfortunately. Not a BIG deal, but instead of two paddles on each side of the steering wheel, there is just one (for cruise control) and the Sync controls are moved up into the former jog dial (jog dial removed) location. No biggie; but unexpected!

However, the trade off is that the turn signal mirrors are now, apparently, standard. I do not have the winter package, yet I have turn signal mirrors!

I also don't have hill start assist. Not a feature I really need (Have driven manual transmissions for years without it), but I thought this car had it? Is it only on certain trim levels? Does anyone know? The feature is not 'there' on my menu.

Will get her polished up in a few days!

2011 Honda Shadow Aero, Candy Red (Wife's Bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
buzam
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 124001
What I Drive: 2013 White SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 buzam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
I also don't have hill start assist. Not a feature I really need (Have driven manual transmissions for years without it), but I thought this car had it? Is it only on certain trim levels? Does anyone know? The feature is not 'there' on my menu.

Will get her polished up in a few days!
It sounds like you have a 5 speed, the hill start assist is on the DCT. You're on your own with the manual.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzam View Post
It sounds like you have a 5 speed, the hill start assist is on the DCT. You're on your own with the manual.
Huh. That's odd. Usually that's a feature useful for manual transmissions! No biggie. I'll just do it the old fashioned way!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #4
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Congrats!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Enjoy your new foci. Let the mods begin!!!!
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 12-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
josephballison
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 126242
What I Drive: 2014 Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 josephballison Good Standing Member
Congrats!!! Enjoy the new car:)
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Congrats on the new car. One suggestion for continuEd happiness: stay away from the "Problems/TSB" section of this forum unless you actually notice a problem with yours. If you spend time there you will conclude it's only a matter of weeks before your nice, new car turns into an oil-burning, strut-clunking, rusting, tire-destroying, rattling, leaking, noisy, et al problem.

Ford sells a lot of these and, like any automaker, a few bad one will get out the door. A lot of dealer service departments are great, but some are not. Most owners have reasonable expectations, but not all. If you spend time in the problems area will be convinced that the experience of a modest percentage of owners with problems will become your experience, too. (Assuming you don't have the DCT, of course...)
Old 12-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
wavsine
Focus Addict

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Oxford White Hatch 5m

FF Reputation: 7 wavsine Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Ordered: 2 October 2013
Built: 25 November 2013 (Completed 26 November)
Delivered: 4 December 2013
Congrats John. Beautiful car. A pro like you doesn't need hill start assist. That would be like training wheels on a bicycle.

You have now joined the elite 5 speed manual club.

Synthetic oil in GDI engines
www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324396
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Congrats. Here't to hoping for years of trouble free driving!

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
Congrats John. Beautiful car. A pro like you doesn't need hill start assist. That would be like training wheels on a bicycle.

You have now joined the elite 5 speed manual club.
Haha. "Pro" might be a little strong but I have been driving a manual transmission my whole life (though I've owned- and hated- automatics.) However my stepdads CX-5 does have the hill assist and it IS kinda nice. It allows super laziness! Hehe.

I have to say- the Focus has a really 'natural' manual transmission. Shifts well, feels like it should!

Dunno if I'd call it 'elite'. There's really nothing to driving a 5 speed well if you just take the time to learn how to do it right. To me, I just couldn't fathom spending a couple grand on a transmission that may have reliability issues; and besides- the manual transmission is way more fun and a way better driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Congrats on the new car. One suggestion for continuEd happiness: stay away from the "Problems/TSB" section of this forum unless you actually notice a problem with yours. If you spend time there you will conclude it's only a matter of weeks before your nice, new car turns into an oil-burning, strut-clunking, rusting, tire-destroying, rattling, leaking, noisy, et al problem.

Ford sells a lot of these and, like any automaker, a few bad one will get out the door. A lot of dealer service departments are great, but some are not. Most owners have reasonable expectations, but not all. If you spend time in the problems area will be convinced that the experience of a modest percentage of owners with problems will become your experience, too. (Assuming you don't have the DCT, of course...)

I did my research before buying. Other models have similar issues; and this is the single best selling car in the world- there are a LOT of them. There may be some issues with the DCT (But I didn't want that anyway) but most of the issues people report sound like typical one-in-a-bunch issues. And, SOMETIMES, issues caused by the driver (not that they'll ever admit it- the car should be bulletproof and subject itself to poor driving and abuse without complaint- of course!)

I'm happy with it! There were a ton of "common problems" reported on forums on my last car. Had one of them. Fixed it, no biggie. 297,000 miles- sold it. Also lots of 'common problems' reported on my wifes Taurus. It has 168k, running strong. We'll continue to enjoy it! That's the internet for you though. People are much more likely to report a problem than to report no problems. NOT that those people don't have problems- BUT; that the number of people on a messageboard with issues is DISproportional to the number of drivers with issues.

Bookmarks & Social Networks