Tuned my car back to stock, no more injected tune - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
NickCornell
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97233
What I Drive: 2012 Race red Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 11 NickCornell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #32
reamkeeper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15415
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze SE Sport 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 reamkeeper Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber@Injected View Post
We can not return or refund anyone for the purchase of their device.
I understand that a post was made stating that this could be done, however Our Injected Store Return Policy page has stated since July 2013

Returns:
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we canít offer you a refund or exchange.

Restock Fee: 50% Customer pays all return shipping charges

To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.

Non-returnable items:

Electronic/Custom tuning devices are non-refundable. This is a VIN locked unit. Once the vehicle is flashed the programmer is "married" to that vehicle.

Please contact Injected on an individual basis with your tuning concerns and we will be happy to address them.
So your website says one thing, and then the (owner?) of injected says another thing 2 months after and you guys just state that you wont stand behind what one of your own said?

Now thats a way to run a business. Just say anything you want but point to an online policy when someone wants to take you up on what your guy said.

Classy Injected, classy.

KKCO
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #33
NickCornell
Focus Fanatic

Have you had a chance to talk to Aric?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #34
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
If I remember that thread correctly, someone had just bought the tune and Aric stated that he would give a refund. While I could be wrong, it would make sense that a refund would have been offered. Having the tune for a large portion of the year and wanting a refund during the holidays, to me, seems shady.

I have the Injected tune and notice a huge difference, but that's me. If I had bought the tune and then read that post where someone didn't notice a difference, I would have checked immediately instead of waiting until December. That way, if I felt I needed/wanted a refund it would have been resolved early on.

In this type of situation, at the very least I would have contacted Injected first and voiced my concerns to them before creating this thread.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
Old 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #35
reamkeeper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15415
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze SE Sport 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 reamkeeper Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
If I remember that thread correctly, someone had just bought the tune and Aric stated that he would give a refund. While I could be wrong, it would make sense that a refund would have been offered. Having the tune for a large portion of the year and wanting a refund during the holidays, to me, seems shady.

I have the Injected tune and notice a huge difference, but that's me. If I had bought the tune and then read that post where someone didn't notice a difference, I would have checked immediately instead of waiting until December. That way, if I felt I needed/wanted a refund it would have been resolved early on.

In this type of situation, at the very least I would have contacted Injected first and voiced my concerns to them before creating this thread.
I did contact them first, they responded by saying there was nothing they co do. And yes I did have it for almost half a year, never noticed any difference early on, but as cold weather set in the annoyance of having the cooling fan running all the time and after going back and forth from tuned to not tuned and back again I could not notice any difference. Hence I created this thread, and please notice, I did not start this thread screaming for a refund, it wasn't until after someone mentioned Aric saying that he'd take anyone's tuner back if they were unhappy that I even started talking about that.

Please do not misinterpret my intentions with this thread. It was merely to voice my opinion on a product that in my opinion makes no difference on my car besides getting less fuel economy and having an embarassing fan spool down every time I stop my car somewhere. However, since Aric DID say that he'd take any tuner back if someone was unhappy they should stand by that, or maybe they could give the option of turning off the cooling fan or maybe see if there is anything else they can do, its been a while since there was an update.

KKCO
Old 12-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #36
Eminaga
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
I cant help but think that Injected just lost a ton of customers because of this thread. I Agree with O/P that he did not scream for a refund.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #37
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Bliky Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by reamkeeper View Post
I did contact them first, they responded by saying there was nothing they co do. And yes I did have it for almost half a year, never noticed any difference early on, but as cold weather set in the annoyance of having the cooling fan running all the time and after going back and forth from tuned to not tuned and back again I could not notice any difference. Hence I created this thread, and please notice, I did not start this thread screaming for a refund, it wasn't until after someone mentioned Aric saying that he'd take anyone's tuner back if they were unhappy that I even started talking about that.

Please do not misinterpret my intentions with this thread. It was merely to voice my opinion on a product that in my opinion makes no difference on my car besides getting less fuel economy and having an embarassing fan spool down every time I stop my car somewhere. However, since Aric DID say that he'd take any tuner back if someone was unhappy they should stand by that, or maybe they could give the option of turning off the cooling fan or maybe see if there is anything else they can do, its been a while since there was an update.
I wish we had spoken a few weeks ago about this as I went through the same thing and really feel the same way. This post pretty much reflects my feelings. I went back and forth via Email with them too and got no where as you did.

As far as the tune, I feel as it was almost a placebo affect. The fans don't bother me as much as they bother you BUT When I first got it I felt like there was a difference because I was probably expecting a difference. Now that its later on I have been turning the tune on and off and don't notice much of a difference at all.

I also agree with you, if Injected said they would give a refund in a public place, they should honor it. Oh well I guess..
Old 12-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #38
Eminaga
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
I wish we had spoken a few weeks ago about this as I went through the same thing and really feel the same way. This post pretty much reflects my feelings. I went back and forth via Email with them too and got no where as you did.

As far as the tune, I feel as it was almost a placebo affect. The fans don't bother me as much as they bother you BUT When I first got it I felt like there was a difference because I was probably expecting a difference. Now that its later on I have been turning the tune on and off and don't notice much of a difference at all.

I also agree with you, if Injected said they would give a refund in a public place, they should honor it. Oh well I guess..
Wow dang... i hope that not all tunes are like this for mk3s...
Old 12-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #39
NickCornell
Focus Fanatic

To be fair, there are plenty of happy customers as well. I personally will opt for datalogging.

I understand it would be much better if injected had some sort of public rep who kept everyone in the know how, but let's take what we can get. They were the first to accept the mk3 as a tunable car. Let's give them a chance to fix what's happening
Old 12-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #40
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:

In all fairness you were right about the original post not being intended to get a refund and that it was Tom that brought it up. I still stand by the fact that I personally don't think it's right to expect a refund half a year later, and that's not just with a tune. People would keep their tune long enough to enjoy it and then when they wanted to trade their car in their tune would suddenly make them 'unhappy'. Imagine if someone bought a Steeda intake and then felt like it wasn't working...with 6 months of use later...and wanted a refund.

I'm curious as to where your fuel mileage went. Back in September you posted this-
Quote:
Last fill up I loaded the new v2 91 octane tune and filled up with 91 octane. Previously I was running the 87 octane v1 with 89 octane gas and getting 30mpg. Same driving with the 91 octane and 91 tune I now got 34mpg. Much better
Going up two octane points doesn't equate to 4mpg without a tune. What are you getting now? And I'm asking because I'm seriously curious. When did it drop?

The fan doesn't bother me nor do I even notice it anymore. My Armada sounds pretty much identical after I shut it off from having been driven. I know that one of the updates turned the fan speed down and made it more linear.

It sucks when someone doesn't feel like they've gotten what they paid for, and I sincerely mean that. We had a couple of people that initially spoke of the tuner as though you would feel like it was a 200hp car that ran on unicorn farts. When that was going on I had some side discussion with others that it would cause a let-down in the future. Realistically, the tune has always been about driveability. I can't speak towards the MTX-equipped vehicles, but my DCT-equipped has been noticeably better, even before the DCT tuning.

Many people will tell you that you can only feel x-amount of power addition/loss. I think that's on an individual basis. I don't think you had a placebo effect, I just don't think you are sensitive enough to notice it. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way in the slightest. I was a helicopter flight engineer and it was my job to be in tune with the helicopter enough to know when something felt (literally) wrong.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161

Bookmarks & Social Networks