What is the most annoying problem with your Focus - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #41
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112498
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3; Zetec; MTX-75

FF Reputation: 3 Kodyston Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgenet View Post
Many years ago I was sucked-in with all the advertizing with a K&N air filter, after a few months of use I removed it and threw it out and went back to the paper filter, Seems kind of silly to clean an air filter now a days. A few years later there was a re-call on the K&N dew to the material coming apart.
Ahh I see. My K&N was in my car when I bought it so...yeah lol I just decided to leave it.
Steeda Louvered hood, Steeda Razzi body kit, carbon fiber dash trim, shift knob & Steeda door sill plates, American Racing chrome plated 16" wheels, SVT suspension, K&N lifetime drop in air filter and fog light modification.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #42
subieracer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119453
What I Drive: 2005, Silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 subieracer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150mphzetec View Post
the small plastic part to hold the latch in place on the armrest. I finally got another one which is not broken, but it seems everyone breaks theirs
Hell yes! this!!! i can't stand that rattle!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #43
subieracer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119453
What I Drive: 2005, Silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 subieracer Good Standing Member
my 2005 ZX4 ST with 110k has a crazy rattle in the forward area of the dash over 40mph. must be the defrost or something.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #44
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i ahve a certain buzzes and vibrations in the cabin at different speeds. jsut means i gotta pull the inside out again. (good cuz it needs cleaning.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #45
Edgenet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106043
What I Drive: 2002 Wagon with Zetec, Auto

FF Reputation: 1 Edgenet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
i ahve a certain buzzes and vibrations in the cabin at different speeds. jsut means i gotta pull the inside out again. (good cuz it needs cleaning.
My 02 rattles like crazy on very cold mornings and to make things worse it has an aftermarket stainless steel exhaust system and that rattles when I place the car in reverse. My wife had to move the cars around one morning and when she came in she said no wonder you got that Focus for $500 what a piece of junk. I told her all the rattling meant the car was alive alive. My experience has been that Fords do not age well.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #46
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
My 02 rattles like crazy on very cold mornings and to make things worse it has an aftermarket stainless steel exhaust system and that rattles when I place the car in reverse. My wife had to move the cars around one morning and when she came in she said no wonder you got that Focus for $500 what a piece of junk. I told her all the rattling meant the car was alive alive. My experience has been that Fords do not age well.
I'm assuming a $500 car isn't in the best of shape to begin with.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #47
Edgenet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106043
What I Drive: 2002 Wagon with Zetec, Auto

FF Reputation: 1 Edgenet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica81 View Post
I'm assuming a $500 car isn't in the best of shape to begin with.
Well the asking price was $1,800 I guess the seller thought it was in great shape. I think he wanted to get his money back for the exhaust system. My question who would spend that kind of cash on an exhaust system for a 2002 wagon.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #48
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Well the asking price was $1,800 I guess the seller thought it was in great shape. I think he wanted to get his money back for the exhaust system. My question who would spend that kind of cash on an exhaust system for a 2002 wagon.
Can't complain for $500. That's a deal if it's roadworthy.

I haven't had any dash rattles or any quality problems. Mine is a 2005 with 82k miles. Slightly grumpy in the cold from 1st to 2nd, but nothing major.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #49
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112498
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3; Zetec; MTX-75

FF Reputation: 3 Kodyston Good Standing Member
Had a new clutch put in mine last week. Now it doesn't even feel like the same car I fell in love with in Feb of 2012... and a lot worse feeling trying to get it into 1st at a light. Usually have to try it twice before it will go and 1st to 2nd is not as smooth. And today there was a time from 4th to 3rd when I had to force it. Idk... Obviously there is a slight problem with the clutch or something but it takes away from the fun of the car when you are worried about if something is going to mess up on you... :-(
Steeda Louvered hood, Steeda Razzi body kit, carbon fiber dash trim, shift knob & Steeda door sill plates, American Racing chrome plated 16" wheels, SVT suspension, K&N lifetime drop in air filter and fog light modification.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #50
#1fordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83143
What I Drive: 2005 white se zx4

FF Reputation: 3 #1fordfan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by subieracer View Post
my 2005 ZX4 ST with 110k has a crazy rattle in the forward area of the dash over 40mph. must be the defrost or something.
my 2005 zx4 se just started this. Might be because I live on a gravel road and things are getting loose.

Bookmarks & Social Networks