What is the most annoying problem with your Focus - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #21
stmiller123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118295
What I Drive: 2003 Black zx3 svt

FF Reputation: 1 stmiller123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It is, I hate it. I look like a damn retard out there trying to pull out with not a high rev lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #22
defektes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84501
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 3 defektes Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
All the crap designed little parts that once broken show clear indication that no one designing them cares enough to mod the design a bit more to make them last way longer. Not just a problem on Focus but all Fords as well. They make a motor and trans that can seem to last forever then design a car around them that is so crappy and breaks so many different things that people actually dump the cars over minor issues that stack up to become intolerable in owners' minds.

Then Ford wants you to buy a subassembly that has 20 other parts when all you need is the one, and you have to pay much more than necessary. I thought paying tribute died in the middle ages. Company not endearing itself to young hearts and minds there at all.

That gave me a great laugh
But soo true.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #23
Edgenet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106043
What I Drive: 2002 Wagon with Zetec, Auto

FF Reputation: 1 Edgenet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
All the crap designed little parts that once broken show clear indication that no one designing them cares enough to mod the design a bit more to make them last way longer. Not just a problem on Focus but all Fords as well. They make a motor and trans that can seem to last forever then design a car around them that is so crappy and breaks so many different things that people actually dump the cars over minor issues that stack up to become intolerable in owners' minds.

Then Ford wants you to buy a subassembly that has 20 other parts when all you need is the one, and you have to pay much more than necessary. I thought paying tribute died in the middle ages. Company not endearing itself to young hearts and minds there at all.

Never forget no manufacturer gives a dam abought the used car buyer all they care abought are the customers that lease or buy new and buy again when the lease is up or the loan is paid and the cycle starts again. We are the used car buyers were Ford and the aftermarket manufactures suck our blood selling us parts and providing repair services. So if our cars break better for them and the new car buyers never experience our pain.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
randyrandy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 126546
What I Drive: 2004, Red, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 randyrandy Good Standing Member
All true!
I bought a used 2004 Focus for my daughter to commute to school and back.
1. The console latch is shot. I may try the rubber shim tip posted above.
2. The defrost, vent, floor selector is stuck on vent. I can't imagine paying $500 to have a poorly designed cable replaced only to know it will fail again. I also can't imagine doing it myself spending a lot of money on an excessively expensive part(s) that will surely fail again because of the poor design and equally incompetent engineering.
3. The "Battery" light is on and there are so many reasons for this to happen.
4. The spark plugs on my zetec engine are in a "trough" so you can't wash the engine compartment. It will fill with water (the spark wire boots won't keep the water out of the trough.) Don't ask.
5. The hood support (prop) rod is not permanently attached and comes out every time I raise the hood and lift the prop rod to keep the hood up. Annoyingly unnecessary and inconvenient in the 21st Century. Another stupid design accompanied by incompetent engineering.
6. I'm hoping there won't be a #6, to add here but I'm thinking there will be.

Sigh...
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #25
Spitfire22
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120066
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL SGM HB

FF Reputation: 1 Spitfire22 Good Standing Member
rattle in the headliner
Old 12-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
homey55
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54911
What I Drive: 2003, Silver, ZX3 2.3 5-speed

FF Reputation: 4 homey55 Good Standing Member
I've had my car for ~6 years now, that being said, the most annoying thing is the window crank is backwards from what you would think and I still start to crank the windows the wrong way every time! Also, the wiper controller is opposite of what I think it should be and I always switch it the wrong way when I'm turning off the wipers. My armrest latch is also broken and I'm missing a cup holder.

Other than that, I love this car! It's cheap to maintain and work on, it's simple and reliable.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #27
gondorian
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105695
What I Drive: 2002 wgn (Selling) 2004 2.3 wgn 5sp

FF Reputation: 7 gondorian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Rust.

I've pretty much giving up on it by now since my car spend ten years driving on dirt roads in Michigan before it moved to Chicago, which is hardly better.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #28
derh2o
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120490
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus gray

FF Reputation: 1 derh2o Good Standing Member
Having to turn the steering wheel in a certain position to locate where to put the ignition key in.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
bama_focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117648
What I Drive: 2012 focus sedan sel

FF Reputation: 2 bama_focus Good Standing Member
When my knee hits the voice command button.
Front wheel drive.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #30
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113561
What I Drive: '02 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 6 Gav-O-SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Not being able to use the keyless entry to lock/unlock the car when it is running (warming up). On the MK1's at least, not sure about newer FoFo's. I can take my keys out of the ignition when my svt is running, just kinda dumb that it wont work if its running. Bugs the hell outta me!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->