SVT Tune - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
MIKESSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11218
What I Drive: 1996 SAAB 9000 AERO

FF Reputation: 1 MIKESSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Exclamation SVT Tune

Ok now that FINALLY all the tuens are starting to come out for our beloved SVTFoci, I ahve a few questions on them. So far Ive heard about McNews, Toms, Diablo Predator, and SCT. Im assuming that each fo them are around the same price (400, if anyone knows definate prices let me know). Are they all jsut about the same? Also, Ive been looking at the posts on this subject. It says that for the most part, a car with bolt ons will get the same hp and torque benfits from the tune as would a car with no bolt ons (ie, 15 hp 10ftlbs on both cars, etc.). Now here is the tricky part...I am definately going to put a few more bolt ons to my car to bring it to having a CAI, 65mmTB, Screamin Demon, high flow-cat (damn emmissions) and GroundWires. But then when cams come out I plan to add them.

Should I either a)wait till I do all the mods listed, then tell the company I decide to buy from of my mods so they can custom tune a program for me(I should note that DiabloSport has a custom tuning section, which costs extra but lets you enter in all the things I have lsited, and also with the PC interface kit you can keep all your tuens saved on your comptuer, Im just nto sure that $120 they cahrge for the tune lets you get only one tune with your setup or as many tunes with different setups as u like); b)buy the tuner, flash the car, and add mods as I would have, only after the cams send away for the proper tune (Im not sure if all companies follow DiabloSports method where they send u the code line for the tune and you put it into the flasher yourself, or you send the whole flasher back), this method leaves me some flexiblity as to what tune I may want to keep in my car at the present time; or c) add mods as above, only get a bunch of tunes as teh setup changes; this method leaves me maximum flexiblility as to what tune to use. Things that wil affect the choice is how much will all the tunes cost (whether its a one tiem fee or you pay per tune; it must vary on the manufacturer), and basically who is better at tuning.

And finally, I have to play devil's advocate for a bit. Lets say we got a group buy for DiabloSport, say ten of us, all with the same model car. And we all bought the PC interfaces. Whats stopping us from each ordering a custom tune, then if we see antoher is a bit ahead of us as far as their car mods go, and we know we will do it soon, can we just get the code file for their tune they already had done sent to an email to use? Can we all jsut start a forum with all the different codes we have listed? Is Focus Fanatics a Napster for tunes? IE is there any specific 'footprint' fr each tune that lets it be used in the specific tuner? Also, does the current flash in the car (YRF0, etc.) have any effect on the tune itself?

Well congratulations for reading through that whole post, you should be proud of yourselves. I probably wouldn't have even written this unless I was told about 10minutes ago at work to jsut waste time...anyways all your input on the current tunes (if you ahve em or not) will be greatly appreciated. Its been a long wait, but we all deserve our tunes!!!

-Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
MIKESSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11218
What I Drive: 1996 SAAB 9000 AERO

FF Reputation: 1 MIKESSVT Good Standing Member
Sry to extend the post, but I just heard from my SVT Mustang buddy that Ford is coming out with tunign soon and the line will be called Sniper Tunign....if anyone has any info on that let me know.

-Mike
Old 01-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
denzillion
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3955
FF Reputation: 1 denzillion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Do it like what I did. I have pretty much stock SVT except K&N Filter and Screaming Demon on the way. I went through FS for their 93 Standard Tune which yeild a very good noticable pull. I talked to FS and was told that many times, you don't need a new program for bolt-on such as screaming demon, cai, or even TB. Even your stock program can handle all the bolt-ons. But when you do your cam, header or like such, you will need new programs.

I say try out their tune first, you might like it better. And all those mods you have on your list might take sometime to come together unless you're willing to fork over like 1200 (including your cam) at the same time.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Sniper will be some time before its finished 2 to 4 months

The Predator has the ability to scan and datalog as well as read and clear CEL

I offer free tunes for 3 months and there yours to keep as well as a 5 day unconditional return policy

The rest you can see on my web site

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
denzillion
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3955
FF Reputation: 1 denzillion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by MIKESSVT
Sry to extend the post, but I just heard from my SVT Mustang buddy that Ford is coming out with tunign soon and the line will be called Sniper Tunign....if anyone has any info on that let me know.

-Mike
I have no heard that tuning before. I would recommend FS SCT because they have been testing their files for a long time. Their tunes are tested over and over again before the release.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That's the one I am getting, the FS SCT
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
There is NO ONE that has done the amount of testing we have done on the SVT , Get your SCT ill send you a Predator to test against it , Return it in 5 days if you dont like it

Show me a SCT dealer willing to do that , I will put my tune against any other SVT tune and back it up with my return policy, Show me a SCT SVT dyno? YOU CANT THERE ISNT ANY

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #8
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I would get your tune Tom, I have no doubt that I would love it but I just don't have $500 to spend, it's hard enough to come up with $325 right now lol
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
sexy2002svt
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3468
What I Drive: JDM Mugen Turtle

FF Reputation: 4 sexy2002svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by jaykirs
I would get your tune Tom, I have no doubt that I would love it but I just don't have $500 to spend, it's hard enough to come up with $325 right now lol
same deal here, plus i don't see my self using the datalogging, or the CEL clearing capabilities, which would just be a waste of my money, then
Old 01-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #10
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
I say get the tuner, add all the mods you like, then get a reflash for the tuner. I've read the tuner is one of the best performance mods short of forced induction or nitrous. The tuner will work after you add the mods. You can tell the person who makes tunes what mods you have and they can take advantage of them getting you a few extra hp over the stock tuner tune.

Bookmarks & Social Networks