New top 10 list, check out number 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New top 10 list, check out number 2

This list of the ten most popular sports cars on MSN Autos is based on visits to the site's vehicle research pages during the third quarter of the year.

1. Porsche Carrera GT
A mid-engine two-seat roadster, this sculpted supercar from Porsche fittingly debuted in concept form at the Louvre during the 2000 Paris Motor Show and finally hit the streets as a 2004 model. It features many cutting-edge technologies including magnesium wheels and the first use of a ceramic composite clutch in a production car. The Carrera GT boasts a 605-horsepower 5.7-liter V10 engine that blasts from zero to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds and to 100 mph in less than 7 seconds.

2. Ford Mustang
In 2004 Ford celebrated 40 years of the Mustang, the car credited with starting the segment that became known as "pony cars." The Mustang is all new for 2005, powered by a 210-horsepower 4.0-liter V6 engine. Although immediately recognizable as a Mustang, the latest version offers thoroughly modern performance with powerful engines and a three-link live axle with a Panhard rod rear suspension for its rear-wheel-drive platform. A 300-horsepower 4.6-liter V8 engine powers the Mustang GT.

3. Chevrolet Corvette
A true American icon, the Corvette was introduced in January 1953. The sixth-generation Corvette debuts for 2005 with a new design immediately recognizable as that of a Corvette. It sports a new LS2 6.0-liter small-block V8 that produces 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque, with either a 6-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic transmission. Three suspension systems are offered, and the convertible has an optional power-operated soft-top.

4. Nissan 350Z
Almost immediately after it went on sale, the 350Z rocketed to the top of our most popular sports cars list. The 350Z is powered by a 287-horsepower V6 engine mated with a standard 6-speed manual transmission. The 2003 350Z debuted as a two-seat coupe, followed by the 350Z Roadster for 2004, which has a power-operated soft-top, a glass rear window and a lightweight tonneau cover.

5. Ford GT
Known as "the pace car for an entire company," Ford's new mid-engine two-seat GT sports car has a retro/modern design inspired by the legendary Ford GT40 race cars of the 1960s. The GT40 swept the top three positions at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966. This modern reincarnation of that racing heritage is powered by a supercharged 5.4-liter V8 that produces 500 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque, with a top speed verified at over 200 mph.

6. Ferrari Enzo
When it comes to exotic sports cars, Ferrari is often the first name that comes to mind. Named as a tribute to the legendary Italian automaker's founder, the Enzo is the latest special edition supercar from Ferrari and possibly the most sought-after exotic in the market. Powered by a 660-horsepower V12 engine with a reported top speed in excess of 200 mph, only 399 examples of the Enzo were produced and they were quickly snapped up by Ferrari aficionados.

7. Porsche 911
The current iteration of another classic sports car, the redesigned 2005 Porsche 911 comes in seventh on the list. More than 40 years old, the 911 continues to evolve as one of the most desirable sports cars for another generation. The 911 Carrera is powered by a 325-horsepower 3.6-liter horizontally-opposed 6-cylinder engine, while the Carrera S sports a 355-horsepower 3.8-liter horizontally opposed 6-cylinder unit. The new design features the return of oval headlights and separate turn signals in the bumper.

8. Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini is always a favorite with MSN sports car enthusiasts, and the mid-engine V12-powered Murcielago is the current flagship of the Lamborghini line. The Murcielago Roadster with its removable hardtop was unveiled at the 2004 Geneva Motor Show.The Roadster has its own aggressive appearance, and chassis components have been redesigned to ensure torsional stiffness, including a special stiffening lattice for the engine compartment.

9. Dodge Viper SRT-10
The high-performance flagship of the Dodge line, the second-generation Viper SRT-10 gets its power from a 500-horsepower 8.0-liter V10 with a 6-speed manual transmission. For 2005 the SRT-10 is available in Viper Race Yellow. Late in the model year, Copperhead Orange will be offered with an interior package that includes black leather upholstery with contrasting orange stitching and shift knob accents.

10. Ferrari 360 Modena
The 360 Modena is Ferrari’s mid-engine V8 sports car, offered in both coupe and spider versions. The first mid-engine V8 Ferrari was the 308 GTB which became one of the most popular Ferrari models of all time. With roots harking back to the 308, the 360 Modena has a rigid, lightweight chassis accomplished through the use of aluminum for the chassis, body shell and suspension components.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
hotfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: OLD: '00 Black ZX3, New: Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 hotfocus Good Standing Member
Nice..I guess cost was a factor in this list.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
I'll take Number 10 please....
Old 01-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i dont think the 350Z should be in there, and that they should switch the enzo and the mustang. But ill glady take any one of those.

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 01-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #5
bwojdyla
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3589
What I Drive: Red 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bwojdyla Good Standing Member
count me in for the enzo.... that way I can sell it and buy 6 or 7 of the other cars on the list.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
213slayer666
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7447
What I Drive: a car?

FF Reputation: 1 213slayer666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i'll take 1,2,5,6. mustangs are above the vette, go ford.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #7
hotfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: OLD: '00 Black ZX3, New: Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 hotfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by S2
I'll take Number 10 please....
Over the Enzo?...Chad you need to lay down the pipe.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #8
dgualtie

Fan#: 15238
What I Drive: 03 IR SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dgualtie Good Standing Member
i am not that picky i would be glad to have any one of those cars
SVT squad #7
Old 01-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #9
goalkeap
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4045
What I Drive: 2007 Aqua Blue Metallic ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 goalkeap Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
where can I get #5, ill take one of those! Those are such a hot looking car, I love how much it resembles its predecesor.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 234,737, Level 100
Points: 234,737, Level: 100 Points: 234,737, Level: 100 Points: 234,737, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally posted by hotfocus
Over the Enzo?...Chad you need to lay down the pipe.

I'll agree with that. I have driven a 360. awesome looking, but not all that hot.. The zo6 vette is in the same league performance wise..

Now the Enzo.. AWESOME! I would take #1 if I had to choose

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.