db draggers....(rant) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
JensDOHC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12883
What I Drive: 2001 sedan bumble bee!!!

FF Reputation: 1 JensDOHC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
db draggers....(rant)

i dunno how many db draggers we have on here....but! i was on termpro.com and apparently there may be some BIG changes in the street classes (one of which i will be in...as well as my ex)....APPARENTLY...due to some cry baby who was mad that he got beat out by a kid that had more money then him....so in turn was able to buy a bigger amp....they may make it so you can have UNLIMITED amps in the street classes...UNLIMITED...thats nuts! AND they might bring back quads.....they made quads illegal for a reason.....and now they might bring them back.....i wonder if they realize NONE of the other competitors like these ideas.......thats the one thing i hate about db drag....ONE person bawls around enough cause they lost fair and square...they change the rules to rediculous things like this....lol..i see this season as being different....hell im gonna have to get like 10 amps just to stay competitive. :sigh:.....

:insert humorous and witty saying or quote here:
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 01:18 AM   #2
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
well isnt that contradictory? if someone has more money wouldnt they restrict the class more, instead of making it unlimited? i dont know much about db drags but seems wierd to me.
alan

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 01-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #3
JensDOHC
Focus Enthusiast

disclaimer: please excuse any rambling...jumping from subject to subject..and anything that may not be clearly stated..its late and im typing fast AHAHAHAHAA

well see...last season....a kid had a JBL/Crown 6000gti (6000+ watts rms..) and he went up against someone that had i believe it was 2 4000watt amps....now..the JBL amp is $6000....where as the 4000 was probably $800/ea....well the kid with the 6000 watt amp beat him by like...a tenth of a db....well the guy that got beat threw a fit claiming it was cause the kid had more money and that amp was unfair due to its size (the amps have a size limit...by size i mean length, width and height)...which the amp was legal in size....well anyways....there currently is a limit as to how many amps you can use in each street class...currently i believe in mine you can use up to 4 amps...

ANYWAYS.....same thing with the quad subs...people think that by adding more amps you get louder....rather than the whole box design and installation...obviously...gettin more watts will help...especially if you have the current to back them up and so on...well they outlawed quad coil subs because you can put more amps to them....which means...more power...well people would hide the fact that they had quads ...they would hide the extra amps...and then win obviously...now they check your install and will disqualify you for such things...ive seen people get caught...usually at the multi point shows.

Old 01-06-2005, 07:48 AM   #4
AudioVideoNY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14793
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 AudioVideoNY Good Standing Member
thats why i am not in DB Drag its who ever has the most money wins.

I just joined MECA its alot more competive since there are formulas that keep you in certian classes

the new formula for this year is (Cone size+(Fuse size*10) which makes alot more even.

i will be running 4 10inch memphis M3s with 2 amps pullin 80 amps.

check my sight! www.GroundShakers.com
Old 01-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #5
nthcoastcom
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7017
What I Drive: 96 Cobra,07 GT, 08 Vista Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 9 nthcoastcom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
i do not see that they will let unlimited amps in the Street class. They can have unlimited amps however you. one thing is around this time when rules are being made/changed there will be a lot of complaining, however make sure your a member in time to vote for the new rules.

I went to IASCA a couple years ago, there are a few things better. 1.) its economical 2.) its fun(the dB drag was long ago) 3.) anyone can show up and be competitive

todd
www.nthcoast.com
Old 01-07-2005, 11:09 PM   #6
JensDOHC
Focus Enthusiast

yeah i know a lot of people who dont like db drag....i like usaci and i think im gonna do some SLAP shows this year too....good times :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.