03 SVTF with 26k miles $8.4k - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
VEROZ
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 124945
What I Drive: 03 SVTF, bone stock

FF Reputation: 1 VEROZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
03 SVTF with 26k miles $8.4k

Hello all, I need some wisdom from you guys. I am looking at an 03 svtf with only 26k miles on it! The dealership is asking 8400 on it, but they've had it at 10k, then 9k now where it's at. With winter coming I'm hoping to get it down to 7k where kbb says it should be from a dealer.

I've read about some common problems with the clutch and leaky master cyl and such, but I'm wondering what some special considerations would be when looking at a 10 year old car with this low miles? What part would degrade over time and not over miles? Better yet what kinds of things should I look for have been replaced by the dealer to get it into selling condition?

I'm not planning to buy a warranty as I'm not afraid to turn a wrench and the with the help of the forums and you guys I should t need to pay a shop for labor.

This is the listing about the svtf at the dealer website

http://www.rochesterford.com/vehicle...-mn-id-5549830

Thank you for any and all input!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to see the car today and it looks great! It's almost too good to be true. I tried to get them to lower the price but they won't budge, they are a "best price first dealer" they don't negotiate on price.

Also I asked my sales guy and he said that he had no idea when the timing belt was done, but the previous owner had a lot of work done at this dealership, there were some service records they had and nothing suggested a timing belt. A battery was replaced, oil changed, fuel filter, ac or heater repair, coolant repair, tire and balancing. and such.

no mention of the timing belt, I asked the salesman and he had no idea? and said that it was probably fine. Not sure how I feel about that.

The previous owner was still driving it regularly from aug 2012 to jan 2013, and then no history, then the dealer got it, and the plates were made in oct 2013 and valid till 2014

I did get a look at the engine bay and it looked spotless, not a leak in sight and the serpentine belt looked new, and the tires are also brand new Continental ExtremeContact DWS. some very light surface rust on the underbody but nothing at all to worry about its almost nothing.

I submitted some paperwork and will wait to hear from the bank tomorrow, hopefully its mine.

I am thinking of mentioning that I am paying above book for it and try to squeeze in a timing belt once they see that the loan is approved and they will be missing a sale if it doesn't get done. but other then that I think this is the one.

what do you guys think?

sorry a lot was copy pasted from 2 post in the svtperformance forums but its kinda dead over there...?

Last edited by VEROZ; 11-26-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Updated link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
VAfromMN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20592
What I Drive: '13 Focus ST & '04 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 9 VAfromMN Good Standing Member
I would say that as long as the visual check didn't reveal any flaws, you're probably OK. I know Ford recommends 90-100k for changing it. I didn't change mine the first time until a little over 150,000 miles and it still looked brand new. Second time I went ahead and did it at about the 250,000 mile mark. Right now I've got 294,200 on the car. I couldn't get your link to work. Is it an EAP vehicle? What color? You can try taking the VIN to a Ford Dealer and they should be able to access any and all work done at any Ford dealership.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
VEROZ
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Sorry I'm not sure what eap vehicle means? I googled eap and the best I could come up was employee assistance program..?

It is pitch black clear coat

There was work done at the dealership, and it is at a ford dealership lol. They had some things on there but their lines aren't super descriptive.. Mostly just oil changes and other routine maintenance stuff. I went back to 06? But there were some gaps in the history.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEROZ View Post
Sorry I'm not sure what eap vehicle means? I googled eap and the best I could come up was employee assistance program..?

It is pitch black clear coat

There was work done at the dealership, and it is at a ford dealership lol. They had some things on there but their lines aren't super descriptive.. Mostly just oil changes and other routine maintenance stuff. I went back to 06? But there were some gaps in the history.
european appearance package - came with multi spoke wheels, full leather recaro heated seats, HID headlights...pretty much every option.

standard svt would have either the red/black or blue/black partial leather/cloth seats, the seats would be the most noticeable difference, as most everything else could have still been added as an option.

Yous is not an EAP svt, still really clean looking though. I dont think i have ever seen an SVT where the red cloth was so red still, normally it fades to a lighter shade
This one still has HIDs, heated seats, traction control, and is super clean. I think the price is still a little high but I doubt you will find a better example or a SVT with this low of miles again...
Old 11-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
VEROZ
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Oh I'm quite sure it isn't eap, the wheels are 5 spoke silverish svt and I've seen others with like 10 spokes and they're a darker grey color. Right?

I'm pretty sure that it does have hid headlight but I'm not positive.

And the seats are leather and heated, but they don't say recaro on them :( red and black 2 tone if it helps.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
VEROZ
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Try this link it should work
Old 11-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
nvmaddog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68677
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 nvmaddog Good Standing Member
There is no way they took it on trade for more than $5500, and I bet you they would let it go around the the 7k mark.

Sure is clean.
2002 Red 3 Door SVTF #2458
Old 11-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
VEROZ
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

My thoughts exactly, I just want to make sure I'm not being an unreasonable when I ask for it, I hate being that guy. I've worked customer service for a couple of years, never again lol

I'm much more confident that they will have the work done for me, thanks guys! I'm excited to join this forum! :D
Old 11-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
nvmaddog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68677
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 nvmaddog Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEROZ View Post
My thoughts exactly, I just want to make sure I'm not being an unreasonable when I ask for it, I hate being that guy. I've worked customer service for a couple of years, never again lol

I'm much more confident that they will have the work done for me, thanks guys! I'm excited to join this forum! :D
When it comes to buying and selling cars unfortunately you have to be "that guy". Nice guys finish with a 50% higher car payment at the dealer.
2002 Red 3 Door SVTF #2458
Old 11-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
VEROZ
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
When it comes to buying and selling cars unfortunately you have to be "that guy". Nice guys finish with a 50% higher car payment at the dealer.
Unfortunately I am a shitty haggler, if I tried they'd marking it up lol, they are a next price first dealer, they don't negotiate price, but they probably will negotiate parts.

If they don't want to change the timing belt for me I will walk and wait for them to lower the price again, they are probably making a killing off this deal as it is and it can't cost them more than 300 with parts and labor.

Thank guys for giving me the reason and confidence to ask them to do it, I probably would have bought it anyways without your input.

Bookmarks & Social Networks