WeatherTech Floor Liners - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #21
DersFace
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 137033
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium HB White

Posts: 22
FF Reputation: 1 DersFace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question

Sorry for reviving a somewhat dead thread first off. I just got my set of weathertech mats in for my 2012 Titanium HB today, window cover will be here in a few days.

I'm having a fair bit of trouble getting the cargo mat installed as it doesn't want to slide under the subwoofer, any one else have that issue? So far it looks like I'll have to take the subwoofer mounting bracket off the car and lengthen the bolt pass-through slot in order to side the sub up the .5-.75 inches I need more in height in order to get clearance for the cargo floor liner and cargo mat.

Will get pics up when its not 35 degrees and rainy out, hopefully this weekend.
DersFace is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #22
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict
 
SilverPony2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Fan#: 27073
Location: Naperville, IL
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

Posts: 1,403
Points 5,383, Level 47
Points: 5,383, Level: 47 Points: 5,383, Level: 47 Points: 5,383, Level: 47
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DersFace View Post
Sorry for reviving a somewhat dead thread first off. I just got my set of weathertech mats in for my 2012 Titanium HB today, window cover will be here in a few days.

I'm having a fair bit of trouble getting the cargo mat installed as it doesn't want to slide under the subwoofer, any one else have that issue? So far it looks like I'll have to take the subwoofer mounting bracket off the car and lengthen the bolt pass-through slot in order to side the sub up the .5-.75 inches I need more in height in order to get clearance for the cargo floor liner and cargo mat.

Will get pics up when its not 35 degrees and rainy out, hopefully this weekend.

It looks like the part #'s are the same from weathertech if you select with SUB or without SUB.

Looks like it's designed to be trimmed for the sub:

SilverPony2001 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #23
DersFace
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 137033
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium HB White

Posts: 22
FF Reputation: 1 DersFace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPony2001 View Post
It looks like the part #'s are the same from weathertech if you select with SUB or without SUB.

Looks like it's designed to be trimmed for the sub:
I think you may be right about that. While I was thinking it over, it seems too out there to modify brackets to fit a cargo liner and even then that might not solve it, as I'm particularly good at getting things wrong the first time. Just to he safe I fired off an email to weather tech tonight to be sure. Will update here with the response I get from them.
DersFace is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
usa414
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fan#: 130953
Location: North Jersey, NJ
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

Posts: 11
FF Reputation: 1 usa414 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DersFace View Post
I think you may be right about that. While I was thinking it over, it seems too out there to modify brackets to fit a cargo liner and even then that might not solve it, as I'm particularly good at getting things wrong the first time. Just to he safe I fired off an email to weather tech tonight to be sure. Will update here with the response I get from them.
I actually got this cargo liner and the front "DigitalFit" mats for Christmas. I can confirm that the cargo liner will need to be cut along a preformed groove to accommodate the factory Sony subwoofer. It's an easy job though, I used a standard set of scissors.

Hope that helps!
usa414 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #25
DersFace
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 137033
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium HB White

Posts: 22
FF Reputation: 1 DersFace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks usa414! Went ahead and cut that part off and it fits great now. Already got use out of the cargo mat. A valve actuator I had to go pick up to do a rush drill and tap was a little rusty and it left a spot on the cargomat.

DersFace is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #26
DustyAlex
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107712
Location: Burlington, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE

Posts: 195
Points 699, Level 13
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DustyAlex Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Can't wait to receive my weather tech's.... They've got a plant here in Burlington so it makes it easier.. I ordered the wrong fronts though, good thing because my cheap rear liners decided to snap in half (Canadian tire special) full set for me.... Woo
__________________
Labour rate is $60 an hour, if you already tried to fix it $80 an hour, and if you want to help me $100 an hour
DustyAlex is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #27
ellisd
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2013
Fan#: 115019
Location: Calgary, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Hatch Sterling Gray

Posts: 52
FF Reputation: 2 ellisd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just installed my Husky liners (front and back) yesterday. Look great, fit great, quite happy with them. Good timing too as we are about to get some more snow here in Calgary!

The Weathertech's looked good as well but essentially the same price for just the front compared to both sets for the Husky;s it was harder to justify.

Bought from partsengine.ca for any other Canadians out there. They sell other brands too.
ellisd is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #28
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95110
Location: Pearland, TX
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

Posts: 105
Points 251, Level 5
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For those of you who don't absolutely need full liners, I just want you to know about a lower cost option for floor mats. I just got the clear mats from Exact Mats for my '12 ti sedan. Cost is less than $100 for 4 mats - 2 in front, 2 in back. They are cut to fit exactly over the carpet floor mats that come with the car. I really like them. They will have the trunk mat ready next week, so hopefully it will look great too.

http://www.exactmats.com/
Black Bengal is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
monkeybri66
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 134938
Location: Schererville, IN
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Titanium 5 Door

Posts: 13
FF Reputation: 1 monkeybri66 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
For those of you who don't absolutely need full liners, I just want you to know about a lower cost option for floor mats. I just got the clear mats from Exact Mats for my '12 ti sedan. Cost is less than $100 for 4 mats - 2 in front, 2 in back. They are cut to fit exactly over the carpet floor mats that come with the car. I really like them. They will have the trunk mat ready next week, so hopefully it will look great too.

http://www.exactmats.com/
These look like they are made out of the same material my desk chair sits on....gives me an idea :)
monkeybri66 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #30
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95110
Location: Pearland, TX
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

Posts: 105
Points 251, Level 5
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybri66 View Post
These look like they are made out of the same material my desk chair sits on....gives me an idea :)
The material is noticably thicker than the clear mats available in auto parts stores, etc. The mats also have better spikes/nubs on the bottom side so they don't slide around. The material is made in the USA. The mats I've seen in the auto parts stores are imported.
Black Bengal is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.