WeatherTech Floor Liners - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #21
DersFace
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 137033
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium HB White

FF Reputation: 1 DersFace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question

Sorry for reviving a somewhat dead thread first off. I just got my set of weathertech mats in for my 2012 Titanium HB today, window cover will be here in a few days.

I'm having a fair bit of trouble getting the cargo mat installed as it doesn't want to slide under the subwoofer, any one else have that issue? So far it looks like I'll have to take the subwoofer mounting bracket off the car and lengthen the bolt pass-through slot in order to side the sub up the .5-.75 inches I need more in height in order to get clearance for the cargo floor liner and cargo mat.

Will get pics up when its not 35 degrees and rainy out, hopefully this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #22
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

Points 5,383, Level 47
Points: 5,383, Level: 47 Points: 5,383, Level: 47 Points: 5,383, Level: 47
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DersFace View Post
Sorry for reviving a somewhat dead thread first off. I just got my set of weathertech mats in for my 2012 Titanium HB today, window cover will be here in a few days.

I'm having a fair bit of trouble getting the cargo mat installed as it doesn't want to slide under the subwoofer, any one else have that issue? So far it looks like I'll have to take the subwoofer mounting bracket off the car and lengthen the bolt pass-through slot in order to side the sub up the .5-.75 inches I need more in height in order to get clearance for the cargo floor liner and cargo mat.

Will get pics up when its not 35 degrees and rainy out, hopefully this weekend.

It looks like the part #'s are the same from weathertech if you select with SUB or without SUB.

Looks like it's designed to be trimmed for the sub:

Old 01-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #23
DersFace
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPony2001 View Post
It looks like the part #'s are the same from weathertech if you select with SUB or without SUB.

Looks like it's designed to be trimmed for the sub:
I think you may be right about that. While I was thinking it over, it seems too out there to modify brackets to fit a cargo liner and even then that might not solve it, as I'm particularly good at getting things wrong the first time. Just to he safe I fired off an email to weather tech tonight to be sure. Will update here with the response I get from them.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
usa414
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 130953
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 usa414 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DersFace View Post
I think you may be right about that. While I was thinking it over, it seems too out there to modify brackets to fit a cargo liner and even then that might not solve it, as I'm particularly good at getting things wrong the first time. Just to he safe I fired off an email to weather tech tonight to be sure. Will update here with the response I get from them.
I actually got this cargo liner and the front "DigitalFit" mats for Christmas. I can confirm that the cargo liner will need to be cut along a preformed groove to accommodate the factory Sony subwoofer. It's an easy job though, I used a standard set of scissors.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #25
DersFace
Focus Rookie

Thanks usa414! Went ahead and cut that part off and it fits great now. Already got use out of the cargo mat. A valve actuator I had to go pick up to do a rush drill and tap was a little rusty and it left a spot on the cargomat.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #26
DustyAlex
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107712
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE

Points 699, Level 13
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DustyAlex Good Standing Member
Can't wait to receive my weather tech's.... They've got a plant here in Burlington so it makes it easier.. I ordered the wrong fronts though, good thing because my cheap rear liners decided to snap in half (Canadian tire special) full set for me.... Woo
Old 01-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #27
ellisd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115019
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Hatch Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 2 ellisd Good Standing Member
Just installed my Husky liners (front and back) yesterday. Look great, fit great, quite happy with them. Good timing too as we are about to get some more snow here in Calgary!

The Weathertech's looked good as well but essentially the same price for just the front compared to both sets for the Husky;s it was harder to justify.

Bought from partsengine.ca for any other Canadians out there. They sell other brands too.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #28
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

Points 251, Level 5
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
For those of you who don't absolutely need full liners, I just want you to know about a lower cost option for floor mats. I just got the clear mats from Exact Mats for my '12 ti sedan. Cost is less than $100 for 4 mats - 2 in front, 2 in back. They are cut to fit exactly over the carpet floor mats that come with the car. I really like them. They will have the trunk mat ready next week, so hopefully it will look great too.

http://www.exactmats.com/
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
monkeybri66
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 134938
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Titanium 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 monkeybri66 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
For those of you who don't absolutely need full liners, I just want you to know about a lower cost option for floor mats. I just got the clear mats from Exact Mats for my '12 ti sedan. Cost is less than $100 for 4 mats - 2 in front, 2 in back. They are cut to fit exactly over the carpet floor mats that come with the car. I really like them. They will have the trunk mat ready next week, so hopefully it will look great too.

http://www.exactmats.com/
These look like they are made out of the same material my desk chair sits on....gives me an idea :)
Old 02-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #30
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

Points 251, Level 5
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybri66 View Post
These look like they are made out of the same material my desk chair sits on....gives me an idea :)
The material is noticably thicker than the clear mats available in auto parts stores, etc. The mats also have better spikes/nubs on the bottom side so they don't slide around. The material is made in the USA. The mats I've seen in the auto parts stores are imported.

Bookmarks & Social Networks