Another vibration - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
mdazb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114126
What I Drive: 2001 Red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mdazb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another vibration

Well after picking up my 01 ZX3 "mechanics special" I've replaced all 3 motor mounts (completly trashed). Now it idles smooth. You have to look at the tach to make sure it's still running.

Now I noticed something while driving it today. When I'm at a stop with my foot on the brake, it's smooth. When I barely take pressure of the brake pedal, I feel a vibration. Not shaking the car but a slight vibration. Apply pressure to the brake pedal and it goes away?
Any input would be helpful

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Cruisin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108722
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 0 Cruisin Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Sticking caliber?
Old 11-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
So light on the peddle to where your still stopped?

I am taking a guess that this is a automatic? This is typical to automatics where if there is a load the TQ it might vibrate a little more vs when in neutral and no "load". you may be on the edge of overcoming the TQ stall and the brake pressure required to keep the car parked.

Just a thought... if its an auto, if its a manual then it might be something else.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
mdazb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114126
What I Drive: 2001 Red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mdazb Good Standing Member
Yes it is an auto trans.
The car is not moving. Just when barely lift you foot off the pedal, the vibration returns. Apply that same pressure back on the pedal and it goes away. Almost like it's being felt through the strut.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
so while in gear and at a dead stop depending on how much pressure you out on the pedal will adjust the vibration?

I would say its the TQ converter getting more or less of the stall. Not familiar with Autos on the focus and there specific behavior. My Auto Jeep does somewhat the same thing and its a completely different car.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps pressing harder on the brakes is opening more of a vacuum on the brake booster. so the motor will behave differently than when your lightly pressing and not "using" the brake booster?

I think this behavior is fairly typical and your just over sensitive due to the nice smooth idle and new motor mounts.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 11-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Edgenet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106043
What I Drive: 2002 Wagon with Zetec, Auto

FF Reputation: 1 Edgenet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdazb View Post
Well after picking up my 01 ZX3 "mechanics special" I've replaced all 3 motor mounts (completly trashed). Now it idles smooth. You have to look at the tach to make sure it's still running.

Now I noticed something while driving it today. When I'm at a stop with my foot on the brake, it's smooth. When I barely take pressure of the brake pedal, I feel a vibration. Not shaking the car but a slight vibration. Apply pressure to the brake pedal and it goes away?
Any input would be helpful
What brand of engine mounts did you use???????

Bookmarks & Social Networks