how to undo the splash guard plastic to get to fog lights - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
J-Dawg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1281
What I Drive: 2K2 Liquid Grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 J-Dawg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question how to undo the splash guard plastic to get to fog lights

I want to get access to my fog lights (standard ZX5 fogs) and I noticed the splash guard is pretty well held in with a bunch of those plastic rivot type things

do I have to drill them out to get the splash guard down to get in behind the lower grille.....or do they snap out and snap back in? I tried to tug on a section and it didn't feel like it wanted to come down very easy..and i didn't wanna break something before asking

Jim

1989 Mustang - 300 rwhp

1965 Mustang - Inline 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
There's some vids at the bottom of this webpage that might help.

Click here
Old 01-04-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
goalkeap
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4045
What I Drive: 2007 Aqua Blue Metallic ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 goalkeap Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Good question, I wish I could help you out, but it seems my foci is missing that trim peice so the bumper kinda flops around when hit down there. I think a deer took it out with the previous owner. But if they are the type of rivots with the phillips screw head, good luck taking them out...what a pain. If I were you I would just keep reaching in different spots until you can get to the lights.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
J-Dawg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1281
What I Drive: 2K2 Liquid Grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 J-Dawg Good Standing Member
well I wanted to mount another set of aftermarket fogs behind the stock lower grille, like centered under the license plate, and in behind the grille so it wasn't gaudy looking with 4 fogs, but once I'd turn em on, it'd light up the road nicely

i'd get the glass housings for the stock fog position, but those with the wiring upgrade needed and the new bulbs, I'd be paying alot, when I can just get a another pair and double my night time light

Jim

1989 Mustang - 300 rwhp

1965 Mustang - Inline 6
Old 01-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #5
00svtprototype
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17274
What I Drive: 00 blk zx3_AXT

FF Reputation: 1 00svtprototype Good Standing Member
i used to have a stock zx3 bumper for a 2000, on mine the spashguard is part of the bumper and can't come off, but the svt bumper i got it is screwed on ,as for the grille and fog light assembly mine snapped in, go behind the bumper and you san see that the grille is held in. its a bitch to get out but it comes out as one piece, i hope this was what your talking about. i still have the old bumper so i'm looking at it from a different view.
SVT: front bumper/grilles...headlights..door handles.. SVTF.wheels w/ Z rated rubber 2in. drop...smoked tails...EBC dimpled/slotted rotors w/ Hawk pads...20% tint...FR wires..FC UDP's...Steeda short ram ...OBX headers..Magnaflow stainless catback exaust...strut bar...blk ford badges, window guards

coming really soon: adding forced induction. havent decided which one yet but car has 112,000 miles on it so I'm trying to blow it up..lol
Old 01-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
That sux.
The 2005 Focus lower splash guard comes off easily with a removal of several screws.

Bookmarks & Social Networks