Quiet power adders. - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
Roadworthy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109039
What I Drive: 2012 SGM MK3 Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Roadworthy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think it would safe enough to say that our motor wasn't built for outright power as opposed to the Si engine. It would be like getting your typical household dog training for racing yet the next door neighbor has a purebred greyhound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Roadworthy
Focus Enthusiast

A tune and I/H/E will help make the current engine configuration more efficient but the engine itself is still the bottleneck, the restriction. What we need is headwork.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #23
Whodatxevg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109173
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus SE Sedan M5

FF Reputation: 3 Whodatxevg Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadworthy View Post
A tune and I/H/E will help make the current engine configuration more efficient but the engine itself is still the bottleneck, the restriction. What we need is headwork.
I have to disagree with you, I don't think our motor will need headwork to keep up with an SI, they're not as fast as you think. If you look on the Civic forums, stock they dyno close to what we do with minor mods, they just weigh less.
15.005 @93.77 - 15.020 @93.31
Old 11-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
Roadworthy
Focus Enthusiast

I would love to have a better exhaust manifold while still keeping the cat. I'm still thinking there is something else aside from a tune that is holding this car back, just haven't found it yet. All that is left aside from internal engine work is changing up the intake manifold and throttle body IMHO.

We probably don't have the room, but I think it would be sweet to take out our exhaust/cat combo and use the Mazda SkyActive 4-2-1 twisty manifold.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #25
lookin4trouble
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101921
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 lookin4trouble Good Standing Member
2.25-2.5" full exhaust, not just cat-back, with a 200 cell cat, for "emissions", and weight reduction will get you close. The Focus camshafts are not nearly as aggressive as the ones in the SI (logically, or else a good tuning company would be able to yield insane HP increases over stock). IF someone ever makes a more aggressive camshaft combo, then you'll have no worries. Except air and fuel delivery, which would be a great problem to have on this car!!
Old 11-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
Whodatxevg
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4trouble View Post
2.25-2.5" full exhaust, not just cat-back, with a 200 cell cat, for "emissions", and weight reduction will get you close. The Focus camshafts are not nearly as aggressive as the ones in the SI (logically, or else a good tuning company would be able to yield insane HP increases over stock). IF someone ever makes a more aggressive camshaft combo, then you'll have no worries. Except air and fuel delivery, which would be a great problem to have on this car!!
Don't have to worry about emissions in Florida! I'm excited to see just how much power the stock fuel system can support. The Mazda guys have to upgrade a lot of their stuff.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #27
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatxevg View Post
I have to disagree with you, I don't think our motor will need headwork to keep up with an SI, they're not as fast as you think. If you look on the Civic forums, stock they dyno close to what we do with minor mods, they just weigh less.
I would definitely have to disagree with that. I did a lot of research on whether or not to buy a Honda. A 2013 si definitely makes more power then our focus's. They get closer to the 200 mark if not over 200 with bolt on mods. Now if you are talking about power per liter we definitely win. they get about 200(according to motortrend stats so its not a whp number) and we get about 160 I believe according to motortrend. The focus is a 2.0 and the 2013 is a 2.4. I personally haven't driven a 2013 si so I cant say how one drives compared to the other when you are behind the wheel but with a good driver that si is a quicker vehicle.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #28
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
But just as a note I still love my foci more than a Honda anyday
Old 11-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #29
Creative
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108024
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 Creative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
you could always go with the header. If you have a pzev model you should still be pretty quite. You would still gave a cat a muffler/resonator and your final muffler. Should also free up about 8hp and give better exhaust flow. For this I would recomend you have it tuned and data logged and by injected for proper engine Managment calibrations so you do not damage the motor.

As the old saying goes, you have to pay to play.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #30
Whodatxevg
Focus Enthusiast

Went to the track on a 65 degree night last night and was able to run a 15.2 and had a best trap of 92.4.
Average driver SI Civics are only doing 15.0s.

Last edited by Whodatxevg; 12-01-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->