Quiet power adders. - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
MG_MK3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114522
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 0 MG_MK3 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Only drive downhill? :D
Instagram @miKeyGilmore #MK3SLöCUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
A stock 2012+ Focus SE will not beat a 2013 Civic Si. The Si is good for mid 14's at 95ish mph with a good driver. Acceleration-wise, it's about on par with a stock ST.
Drove a 2013 si before I got my focus so I can kind of compare. Quality wise focus wins. Engine wise the si felt a bit quicker but then again I did not take it past 70, when I say a bit I realy mean that not by much. Transmission was easier to shift in the focus. Handeling seems to be close not sure on that one since my focus comes with the sport package it is not bad on corners but I would say overall honda would probably win. Everything else is subjective. I would say I/E/Tune should beat a honda and if not then our cars do not respond to these mods like everyone says they do.

Edit: it was a 4 door honda.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
MetalMuffins
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107135
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 MetalMuffins Good Standing Member
Another option is the RDC 2.5" "Sleeper" cat-back. There is a group buy on now actually.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333689
Old 11-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
Deesiel678
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105147
What I Drive: 2013 white SE hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Deesiel678 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminaga View Post
Drove a 2013 si before I got my focus so I can kind of compare. Quality wise focus wins. Engine wise the si felt a bit quicker but then again I did not take it past 70, when I say a bit I realy mean that not by much. Transmission was easier to shift in the focus. Handeling seems to be close not sure on that one since my focus comes with the sport package it is not bad on corners but I would say overall honda would probably win. Everything else is subjective. I would say I/E/Tune should beat a honda and if not then our cars do not respond to these mods like everyone says they do.

Edit: it was a 4 door honda.
I test drove one also. I briefly entertained the idea of trading my Focus for a '13 Si sedan. My Focus had an intake (k&n typhoon), 2.5" cat back exhaust, rmm, and Injected 93oct tune (v1) at the time. Acceleration-wise, I expected the Si to feel about the same as my car, but I was wrong. Even with my mods, the Si still felt noticeably quicker than my car.

I believe a Focus with I/RH/E/Tune will close the gap. I'm not convinced that it will BEAT a stock Si (with equally skilled drivers). I think it will become a driver's race at that point. Mag reviewers and owners on the Si forums have shown stock Si's trapping between 93 - 95mph in the 1/4mi. OP has trapped 91mph. Add a full exhaust (race header included) to his car and I think it's reasonable to expect a 2-3mph increase.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
Whodatxevg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109173
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus SE Sedan M5

FF Reputation: 3 Whodatxevg Good Standing Member
Quote:
A stock 2012+ Focus SE will not beat a 2013 Civic Si. The Si is good for mid 14's at 95ish mph with a good driver. Acceleration-wise, it's about on par with a stock ST.
I have hope. If these cars are supposed to run a 16.2 stock (as per motor trend) and with just a tune an an air filter drop .9 seconds off of the 1/4 mile time, then they obviously respond very well to mods. Also the STs weigh a good amount more than our SEs do. I only got this crazy idea in my head after I beat an 06ish SI at the track. I'm hoping a header back exhaust with a true custom tune(injected's is canned) it might be possible.
15.005 @93.77 - 15.020 @93.31
Old 11-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
I test drove one also. I briefly entertained the idea of trading my Focus for a '13 Si sedan. My Focus had an intake (k&n typhoon), 2.5" cat back exhaust, rmm, and Injected 93oct tune (v1) at the time. Acceleration-wise, I expected the Si to feel about the same as my car, but I was wrong. Even with my mods, the Si still felt noticeably quicker than my car.

I believe a Focus with I/RH/E/Tune will close the gap. I'm not convinced that it will BEAT a stock Si (with equally skilled drivers). I think it will become a driver's race at that point. Mag reviewers and owners on the Si forums have shown stock Si's trapping between 93 - 95mph in the 1/4mi. OP has trapped 91mph. Add a full exhaust (race header included) to his car and I think it's reasonable to expect a 2-3mph increase.
The one i drove was not that fast. Doing some research they do 6.1 0-60 for a coupe and i did 0-60 in 7.4...I am sure sedan might be a bit slower so they are about a second faster to 60. Boltons will make our cars run with them for sure I would say.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatxevg View Post
I have hope. If these cars are supposed to run a 16.2 stock (as per motor trend) and with just a tune an an air filter drop .9 seconds off of the 1/4 mile time, then they obviously respond very well to mods. Also the STs weigh a good amount more than our SEs do. I only got this crazy idea in my head after I beat an 06ish SI at the track. I'm hoping a header back exhaust with a true custom tune(injected's is canned) it might be possible.
I am sure my car will do mid to high 15s stock i dont know why automatics are so much slower. Looks like older si is quiet a bit slower then the 2013s.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #18
Whodatxevg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109173
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus SE Sedan M5

FF Reputation: 3 Whodatxevg Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminaga View Post
I am sure my car will do mid to high 15s stock i dont know why automatics are so much slower. Looks like older si is quiet a bit slower then the 2013s.
The motor trend car was a stick I believe, however I think there's a few good drivers out there that have done 15.9s stock.
15.005 @93.77 - 15.020 @93.31
Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #19
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

Fan#: 111083
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 7 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Have you considered newmissions mod?
That's because if a sedan was used there would be too much awesomeness and the internet would explode.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #20
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatxevg View Post
The motor trend car was a stick I believe, however I think there's a few good drivers out there that have done 15.9s stock.
Didnt one of the testers get 15.7 I remember watching something on youtube??

Bookmarks & Social Networks