Good setup? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
rockthezx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good setup?

I just wanna know what a good suspension setup would be for my SVT. It's my daily driver so I dont wanna [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* with that too bad. I was origionally gonna go with a cupkit, but I hear those are a pertty shitty ride, so I'll go with something else. I have the eibach prokit springs I bought for my 03 zx3 I had before, and I never put them on, would it make a big differance if I threw those on? I dunno how the SVT suspension is performance wise to whatever aftermarket suspensions that are out there. Also, I want some better tires, but I dont know shit about tires, so I just need to know of something that would be good performance wise but would still be a good daily. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

...now with dyno tuned stage 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
HotRodWagon
CostraNostraTabasco

Fan#: 145
What I Drive: 02 Infra ZTW

Points 16,215, Level 81
Points: 16,215, Level: 81 Points: 16,215, Level: 81 Points: 16,215, Level: 81
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 25 HotRodWagon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (38)
Pick up a set of Koni adjustable struts/shocks. That's really all you need. Check into KYB AGX's as well, as they are about $175 cheaper, with perhaps negligable differences. As far tires, i'm sure you see snow where you live. This usually means having a winter set of all season 15's and some summer only meats for your 17's. Read up at The Tire Rack on tires.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:46 AM   #3
Sublime

Fan#: 192
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZTS, 02 Escape V6, 80 Turbo T/A

FF Reputation: 1 Sublime Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I agree with HRW. Also if you want to go with a decent set-up, try the BAT/Spax kits from BAT Inc. I have the 50mm(1.8") drop with springs and dampners. Then I also have the FS front Strut bar and Energy Suspension Hyperflex kit. I am also getting ready to add my Eibach Anti-Roll Kit and FS Rear Strut Bar.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing Member Geezer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You won't hear anything bad about the Eibach pro system of springs and shocks. They'll lower the SVT another inch. The ride is firm but not stiff or jarring. While our ZX3 with Eibach pro system isn't quite up to my Miatas handling standards (not much comes close) I still enjoy driving it. The system is very cost effective (around 450.00 to 475.00 for springs and shocks).

Since you're in Mass. and want an all around tire look at performance all season tires. Some popular ones are Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S (the all season model, not the summer only one, BF Goodrich Traction T/A's, and Falken 512's. All come in quite a range of sizes. Read the reviews on Tire Rack for more info.

Bookmarks & Social Networks