Air Bag indicator light - 2009 Focus Coupe - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Mitch12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104693
What I Drive: 2009 Sangria Red Focus Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 1 Mitch12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Air Bag indicator light - 2009 Focus Coupe

Hi there,

I have a 2009 Ford Focus Coupe SES. Lately, after I have been driving for about 3-5 minutes, the airbag indicator light on the dash lights up and stays lit up (no flashing) for the duration of the trip. I am assuming that it is an issue with some kind of sensor under one of the seats but I fail to see any lose connections.

The pattern of delaying 3-5 minutes then coming on and staying on is constant and happens every single trip (that is longer than 3-5 minutes).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong or some info about the sensors under the seat and how I could fix those (if that is what is wrong)

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moved to "General Technical Chat".
Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch12 View Post
Hi there,

I have a 2009 Ford Focus Coupe SES. Lately, after I have been driving for about 3-5 minutes, the airbag indicator light on the dash lights up and stays lit up (no flashing) for the duration of the trip. I am assuming that it is an issue with some kind of sensor under one of the seats but I fail to see any lose connections.

The pattern of delaying 3-5 minutes then coming on and staying on is constant and happens every single trip (that is longer than 3-5 minutes).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong or some info about the sensors under the seat and how I could fix those (if that is what is wrong)

Thanks for the help!
Hi Mitch12,

This sounds like something your dealer should definitely get a look at and diagnose. Have you made an appointment for them to do so? Please send me your odometer reading and I'll assess the next step. :)

Bianca

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordFocus @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/FordCanada
Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
Highball116
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112564
What I Drive: 2005 Red ZX4

FF Reputation: 3 Highball116 Good Standing Member
I had this problem on my 2005. On the underside of the front radiator support (you have to remove the grille to access it) there is the front crash sensor. Mine went bad, and when I changed it I found that the wiring to the sensor had been vibrating against the radiator. It wore right through the plastic conduit and the insulation. If everything looks okay under the seats, check the front sensor. Before you work on the airbag system, remove both battery terminals and let the car sit for several minutes to drain any residual charge.

Toby

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->