2015 Lincoln MKC Is First Ford Product To Have 2015 Mustang's 2.3 Liter EcoBoost Engine - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #21
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fan#: 119488
Location: Franklin County, MO
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

Posts: 411
FF Reputation: 4 Romans5.8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Holy off topic completely not needed wanna be "informative" post...

I think most people on hear understand the whole "eco-boost" movement.
We're talking about ecoboost engines and someone said they didn't think they actually got better fuel economy? It's just discussion. That's how internet forums work.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE, Tuxedo Black (Sport pkg, 5spd manual)
2002 Ford Taurus SEL, Silver Frost (Wifes Car)
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT, Thunder Blue / Graphite Two-Tone
2011 Honda Shadow Aero, Candy Red (Wife's Bike)
Romans5.8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,088
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
Yes, I'm talking about the mazdaspeed3 engine. Intake in the front, manifold in the rear duratech engine.
About the only thing they share is the block, (which is still slightly different, Mazda added oil squirters and other things to the 2.3 block for the mazdaspeed.) Ford also sold it's stake in Mazda 5 years ago.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,088
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
We're talking about ecoboost engines and someone said they didn't think they actually got better fuel economy? It's just discussion. That's how internet forums work.
Then at the very lease quote the post you are replying too... Since the thread has gone a different direction since then. That being said, all you stated was the equivalent of press release junk. You didn't add anything to the debate, you simply state what should be common knowledge for anyone in this conversation.

Also FYI look at my post count vs. yours. I think I get how the internet works...
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fan#: 119488
Location: Franklin County, MO
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

Posts: 411
FF Reputation: 4 Romans5.8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Then at the very lease quote the post you are replying too... Since the thread has gone a different direction since then. That being said, all you stated was the equivalent of press release junk. You didn't add anything to the debate, you simply state what should be common knowledge for anyone in this conversation.

Also FYI look at my post count vs. yours. I think I get how the internet works...
My apologies; thought I had quoted them- guess I didn't!

Sorry I have apparently upset you in some way! Didn't mean to! Just meant to have some discussion. Congrats on your post count.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE, Tuxedo Black (Sport pkg, 5spd manual)
2002 Ford Taurus SEL, Silver Frost (Wifes Car)
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT, Thunder Blue / Graphite Two-Tone
2011 Honda Shadow Aero, Candy Red (Wife's Bike)
Romans5.8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #25
swansong
Focus Addict
 
swansong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83576
Location: Appleton, WI
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

Posts: 1,479
FF Reputation: 12 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
So, aside from the fact that the MKC shares the 2.3L with the Mustang (I'm sure the Mustang will get more power btw, the Ecoboost engines always get specifically tuned to the car/truck they're going into), does anyone want to talk about the MKC itself?

I think it's the best looking vehicle that Lincoln makes. And it's going to be the model that will sink Lincoln or bring it back from the edge depending on its sales. I realize that it's just a tarted up Escape, just like the MKZ is a tarted up Fusion, which might be a problem since the Fusion and Escape are both great vehicles and it's hard to justify spending the extra dough on the Lincoln counterpart. But the small luxury crossover market seems to be more about style than substance; I see tons of Range Rover Evoques around here just because they make a statement.

It's an interesting time for Lincoln and it's future really hinges on the MKC in my opinion. And that Mustang-based 4-door they were rumored to be considering.
Also, anyone know when the MKC will be released? Will it really be available before the Mustang, so the press can at least get some idea of the 2.3's characteristics?
__________________
Mine: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD: 87k, Black, Manual, JZW Stage 1. 320hp/400tq.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 78k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
swansong is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #26
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,274
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
So, aside from the fact that the MKC shares the 2.3L with the Mustang (I'm sure the Mustang will get more power btw, the Ecoboost engines always get specifically tuned to the car/truck they're going into), does anyone want to talk about the MKC itself?

I think it's the best looking vehicle that Lincoln makes. And it's going to be the model that will sink Lincoln or bring it back from the edge depending on its sales. I realize that it's just a tarted up Escape, just like the MKZ is a tarted up Fusion, which might be a problem since the Fusion and Escape are both great vehicles and it's hard to justify spending the extra dough on the Lincoln counterpart. But the small luxury crossover market seems to be more about style than substance; I see tons of Range Rover Evoques around here just because they make a statement.

It's an interesting time for Lincoln and it's future really hinges on the MKC in my opinion. And that Mustang-based 4-door they were rumored to be considering.
Also, anyone know when the MKC will be released? Will it really be available before the Mustang, so the press can at least get some idea of the 2.3's characteristics?
It's not just a tarted up Escape, the chassis hard points are different and they widened the track relative to the Escape in order to convey the intended market targets.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #27
swansong
Focus Addict
 
swansong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83576
Location: Appleton, WI
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

Posts: 1,479
FF Reputation: 12 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
It's not just a tarted up Escape, the chassis hard points are different and they widened the track relative to the Escape in order to convey the intended market targets.
Interesting! Wouldn't have guessed that.

Found this on Car and Driver (through Wikipedia):
Quote:
Estimated Arrival and Price: The MKC should debut before the end of the year [2013] before going on sale in early 2014. Considering that the model will be positioned beneath the Ford Edge–based MKX, which starts at $40,470, figure on pricing to open around the low- to mid-$30,000 range.
__________________
Mine: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD: 87k, Black, Manual, JZW Stage 1. 320hp/400tq.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 78k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
swansong is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #28
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,274
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
Interesting! Wouldn't have guessed that.

Found this on Car and Driver (through Wikipedia):
On Autoweek:

Quote:
There's a lot going on beneath the MKC's sculpted haunches to make the look possible. While the MKC rides on the ubiquitous Ford C1 platform, its track has been widened almost an inch compared to that Blue Oval-wearing Small Crossover That Shall Not Be Named.
https://www.autoweek.com/article/201...NEWS/131119942
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #29
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,088
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
It's still just a fancy escape. It's not That different. That's the biggest issue with all Lincolns, and why they are losing to Cadillac. Cadillacs are not just fancier Chevys.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #30
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
 
TheGlassMaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fan#: 69510
Location: De Graff, OH
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Posts: 8,152
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
About the only thing they share is the block, (which is still slightly different, Mazda added oil squirters and other things to the 2.3 block for the mazdaspeed.) Ford also sold it's stake in Mazda 5 years ago.





its still basically a 2.3 duratec you find in the focus everything down to the dipstick has FOMOCO stamp on it.



The point being, no body has done the swap, no body will do the ecoboost swap. Those who have the know how and the bank roll would rather either just do a v8 swap, or just buy the car the engine comes in.



Until the 2013 mazda6 and the 2014 Mazda 3 they still used the same engines.
__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. -Eleanor Roosevelt
TheGlassMaker is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.