Lowering the stock seats - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #1
jbondjr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13804
FF Reputation: 1 jbondjr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Lowering the stock seats

Like many others before me, I feel the seats are a bit too high in the SVT. I have looked at getting racing seats, but I see i will have to fab a rail from them as most dont fit the focus well. I was wondering, if I just fabbed this new rail couldn't I just drop the seat that way. I know I wont get too much drop this way, but I was curious if anyone has done this.

I like the SVT seats (and the seat heating option), but coming from a low sitting eclipse it feels a little weird doing 90 sitting so high up. Just wondering if anyone has managed to lower the stock seats with a rail mod.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2004, 11:09 AM   #2
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's a good question. I don't know offhand. Eventually you get used to the higher seating position. I kind of like it now, when I get into other cars it feels like I'm sitting inside a bathtub peering over the edge. But I know what you mean, I used to drive an 86 MR2 and it was very low to the ground (my butt was only a few inches off the pavement) and it felt very strange switching over to the Focus.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
I've rather liked the drivers seat all the way down, haven't had a problem with the stock seat, but I can't abide sitting in the passenger seat since is has no up/down adjustment
Old 12-28-2004, 01:44 PM   #4
Hamrhead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15106
What I Drive: '13 GT500

FF Reputation: 1 Hamrhead Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Re: Lowering the stock seats

Quote:
Originally posted by jbondjr
Like many others before me, I feel the seats are a bit too high in the SVT. I have looked at getting racing seats, but I see i will have to fab a rail from them as most dont fit the focus well. I was wondering, if I just fabbed this new rail couldn't I just drop the seat that way. I know I wont get too much drop this way, but I was curious if anyone has done this.

I like the SVT seats (and the seat heating option), but coming from a low sitting eclipse it feels a little weird doing 90 sitting so high up. Just wondering if anyone has managed to lower the stock seats with a rail mod.
Interested in this as well. At 6'4", a lower seat would be welcome.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #5
Squint
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 16968
What I Drive: CD Silver 04 SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Squint Good Standing Member
Interested also.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:25 PM   #6
budzen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7036
What I Drive: '01 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 budzen Good Standing Member
i'm pretty sure someone on this forum has in fact lowered the stock seats, i remember seeing a photo.. i can't recall who it was though

they did do a rail mod though i think.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:34 PM   #7
svtfocus2k4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15709
What I Drive: 2004 SB SVTF 2003 DSG Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocus2k4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I would like that too. I have a tough time getting my helmet to clear the head liner when I get into the proper race driving position. I would like to get new seats later on down the road but for now dropping the seat an inch would be great!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:12 PM   #8
RedSVT 03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9221
What I Drive: 2005 Brilliant Red Audi 2.0T Q

FF Reputation: 1 RedSVT 03 Good Standing Member
A previous car of mine was a 93 Eclipse, 2" drop on Eibach springs, sitting on 17s. The stock SVT seats are an inch short of SUV height in comparison to the Eclipse. "Lower" seats would be awesome in the Focus.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:52 PM   #9
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3796
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black Focus SES 5-spd (D

FF Reputation: 1 biketcher Good Standing Member
I'm 6'3" and I have my driver's seat at its lowest position - this suits me fine (granted, I don't wear a helmet on the way to work), but I hate being the passenger when my wife is driving - no, she drives fine (better than I do) - because I feel like a giant in the passenger seat - my head occassionally hits the ceiling.

Consider me interested since day one of ownership.

Currently proud owner of a Pitch Black 2007 Focus SES 5-spd (2.0 Duratec) with all manner of options, but no mods...yet.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:04 AM   #10
Dathlok X
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14636
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF Eurotrash Edition

FF Reputation: 1 Dathlok X Good Standing Member
Yeah I have always thought the seats were a bit high mounted as well, I am really interested in the idea as well..

Bookmarks & Social Networks