Blue Cobb filter from FSWerks - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Ban-Hammer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118589
What I Drive: 2013 "Spirit Blue" SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Ban-Hammer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Blue Cobb filter from FSWerks

So I got my blue Cobb air filter in today. I was looking to add the next step in the "free" performance realm after the snorkel/air dam delete mod. So for $62 shipped I got the blue Cobb, I went blue for the pure fact that it's the same color as my car. Bonus: It's open ended.

I didn't know the end cap of the filter was part of the air box. Installation of the new filter was simple enough, but I had to fight it a bit for the air box lid to fit properly.

I don't know what magic or sorcery the Cobb provides, but good god, it adds an OBSCENE amount of volume. I used a good amount of gas just romping the pedal and listening to the throaty growl. The nice part is you don't really hear it unless you really wail on the gas, which will be nice in traffic. It definitely doesn't waste any time getting up to speed, but it's not up to "raped ape" status. It does deliver much better low end than just the snorkel/air dam delete on its own, though, which is exactly what I wanted. These I-4's all need to get spun up before they're useful, but not anymore!

No pictures, no links. I'm too lazy, and I might link it If you're lucky. I kinda took a shot in the dark with this filter, and I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase right now.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using magic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
BeepBeep2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119597
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 BeepBeep2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban-Hammer View Post
So I got my blue Cobb air filter in today. I was looking to add the next step in the "free" performance realm after the snorkel/air dam delete mod. So for $62 shipped I got the blue Cobb, I went blue for the pure fact that it's the same color as my car. Bonus: It's open ended.

I didn't know the end cap of the filter was part of the air box. Installation of the new filter was simple enough, but I had to fight it a bit for the air box lid to fit properly.

I don't know what magic or sorcery the Cobb provides, but good god, it adds an OBSCENE amount of volume. I used a good amount of gas just romping the pedal and listening to the throaty growl. The nice part is you don't really hear it unless you really wail on the gas, which will be nice in traffic. It definitely doesn't waste any time getting up to speed, but it's not up to "raped ape" status. It does deliver much better low end than just the snorkel/air dam delete on its own, though, which is exactly what I wanted. These I-4's all need to get spun up before they're useful, but not anymore!

No pictures, no links. I'm too lazy, and I might link it If you're lucky. I kinda took a shot in the dark with this filter, and I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase right now.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using magic
Cool. I have a GREEN filter too. I love the sound, I would also describe it as deep, throaty. It turns heads around town. I don't think some people like the drone from 2200-4200 RPM though. It gets louder around 3200.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
bigmike88
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111571
What I Drive: 2012, blue, focus sel sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bigmike88 Good Standing Member
I got the same filter and I love it adds some noise but I've gotten used to it I wanna do the a muffler delete next
Old 11-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Noriceplease
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114146
What I Drive: 2013 SG SE 5SP

FF Reputation: 0 Noriceplease Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike88 View Post
I got the same filter and I love it adds some noise but I've gotten used to it I wanna do the a muffler delete next
Trust me don't do a muffler delete just save and get an exhaust the muffler delete is super ricey it drones bad at all speeds. But if you want your focus to sound like a fart canned civic go for it
Old 11-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
bigmike88
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111571
What I Drive: 2012, blue, focus sel sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bigmike88 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriceplease View Post
Trust me don't do a muffler delete just save and get an exhaust the muffler delete is super ricey it drones bad at all speeds. But if you want your focus to sound like a fart canned civic go for it
Word ya I changed my mind last night and was looking at getting a dtm muffler with dual up turn tips like I've seen on some bmws and vws, my buddy got one on his xb (back in the day when I was in the scion scene) and I'm thinking of gettin one

Bookmarks & Social Networks