trouble with getting paint problems covered? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
SA-focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95710
What I Drive: 2012 Red Kandy Focus Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 SA-focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
trouble with getting paint problems covered?

I took my 2012 candy red focus in to the dealership about 3-4 months ago for fitment issues between the tail lights and body. The tail lights were too tight against the body and was causing paint chipping. At the time the dealership just realigned everything ( not doing to good of a job) and told me to go to there body shop at a different location. At the time I couldn't take it immediately due to work and family related events. Fast forward to this past Saturday. I take the car in for other problems I am having and bring up the issue of the paint and if they can do the paint chip fix now. The representative told me Ford is reluctant to do paint fixes when the car didn't go right away after the adjustment. I asked why and he just stated that's just the way they are. To make things worst I called today and asked if he found the service papers from the time they did the readjustment and he stated they hadn't and I might need to provide mine in order to prove they did indeed say it was a manufacture defect on the fitment and to have it painted. Has anyone else had this hard of a time to get a paint issue covered under warranty. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be detailed. Any and all responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Too bad!
A lot of guys are having endless warranty issues here! And Ford won't honored his word!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 8 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Moved to MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive.

This is a known issue. Unless you mentioned it before taking delivery ford probably won't do anything about it.
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-focus View Post
I took my 2012 candy red focus in to the dealership about 3-4 months ago for fitment issues between the tail lights and body. The tail lights were too tight against the body and was causing paint chipping. At the time the dealership just realigned everything ( not doing to good of a job) and told me to go to there body shop at a different location. At the time I couldn't take it immediately due to work and family related events. Fast forward to this past Saturday. I take the car in for other problems I am having and bring up the issue of the paint and if they can do the paint chip fix now.
Hey SA-focus,

What other concerns did you head into the dealer for? Send me a PM with your full name, best daytime number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll look into next steps.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
SA-focus
Focus Enthusiast

@Deftmetal To clarify the dealership said it would be covered under warranty. I just couldn't go to the collision center at the time do to my schedule. Now that I went back they are saying they need proof that they said that.

@FordService i will get that info to you and pm you shortly. Thank you for your reply
Old 11-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
My dealer also told me there is not fix for this same issue, and sent me and my sh!tty transmission, on my way. Good job Ford!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
@FordService i will get that info to you and pm you shortly. Thank you for your reply
SA-focus,

You're welcome; check your inbox for my reply.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
SA-focus
Focus Enthusiast

*Update*
I have since gotten my car back from the dealership with work done to the transmission and other concerns I had, but no paint fix. The dealership said they had to send pics into ford and they would have an answer for me on Monday. It is now Friday and still no word. And to make things worst my suspension is making a squeeky noise every time I drive over a bump or speed bump. So now I have to wait on Ford and make an appt. for this new issue.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
martxxx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 127138
What I Drive: 2013 ford focus zetec s

FF Reputation: 1 martxxx Good Standing Member
Just bought a focus zetec s in candy red, noticed a paint spot the size of a pin head while car was on transporter. As i am from Northern Ireland and travelled to Scotland to pick up car, i didnt want to leave empty handed, i took a picture while car was on transporter. I contacted the broker i bought the car off next day, they contacted the ford dealer who replied " it didnt leave here like that"..... this was their only response. Bear in mind it was a paint run not a chip, not sure how a transporter could do that. Took car to local dealer, they checked it over, took pics and Ford is now going to repaint.....not sure what, but at least repaint. Got stone chip on bonnet (hood) after 20 miles driving. Ive just got it repainted by local Honda, approved body shop and its the wrong colour....it looks more metallic than pearl... 900 miles and its being painted more than my last 12 year old focus.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
*Update*
I have since gotten my car back from the dealership with work done to the transmission and other concerns I had, but no paint fix. The dealership said they had to send pics into ford and they would have an answer for me on Monday. It is now Friday and still no word. And to make things worst my suspension is making a squeeky noise every time I drive over a bump or speed bump. So now I have to wait on Ford and make an appt. for this new issue.
You should speak loud!
Your car have a 3 years bumper to bumper warranty!
Get an attorney

Bookmarks & Social Networks