OT - Focus vs Motorcycle - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
StealthGray
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19017
What I Drive: '04 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 StealthGray Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
OT - Focus vs Motorcycle

Geez, I haven't been on here in forever, but I thought you might enjoy some instant karma -
http://www.break.com/video/biker-kic...-karma-2645864

At least I'm pretty sure it's a Focus, the image quality is a bit shaky...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I thought so too
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445193
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Silly to do yourself in that way, but I wonder what the car driver did previously to tick off the rider.

It's not smart, but I did it myself years ago - after a car driver decided to squeeze next to me in the same lane. His comments when I told him that wasn't smart aren't repeatable here, when he moved the car towards me I kicked off & swerved away.

S.R. #275

Old 06-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Inexperienced rider.

I'm not saying that I have done this before, but im also not saying I havent...

The proper way to get a driver's attention is to make a fist, and slam it down on TOP of the passenger side mirror as you pass.

This allows for:

1. You do not lose your balance as it is the same motion as pounding a table-top.

2. You do not use your right hand, that stays on the throttle, so that you can make a quick getaway

3. Mirrors are fairly strong from front to back, they need to hold up to small birds and bugs. Horizontally however, they are surprisingly weak.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
Inexperienced rider.

I'm not saying that I have done this before, but im also not saying I havent...

The proper way to get a driver's attention is to make a fist, and slam it down on TOP of the passenger side mirror as you pass.

This allows for:

1. You do not lose your balance as it is the same motion as pounding a table-top.

2. You do not use your right hand, that stays on the throttle, so that you can make a quick getaway

3. Mirrors are fairly strong from front to back, they need to hold up to small birds and bugs. Horizontally however, they are surprisingly weak.

reminds me of the old Road Rash game on sega for some reason
Old 06-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Nexaddo187
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 164530
What I Drive: '14 RR Focus ST(3)

FF Reputation: 1 Nexaddo187 Good Standing Member
Ball bearings what?

The guy on the motorcycle had probably had a bad day/week and finally popped... but it is pretty funny.

I may or may not know a guy that left a harley-boot-print shaped dent in a car for cutting him off......
Old 07-01-2014, 03:07 AM   #7
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105071
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 TheHumbleGeek Good Standing Member
I find it interesting that so far, everyone assumes the car did something to provoke that action from the rider. As though, cars are the s, and riders are angels. Im not saying that was the case, but riders do need to keep in mind certain aspects of physics (F=MA, for example)... The bike might be quicker, but the car is ALOT heavier...

On a personal note, if a cyclist broke off my mirror because of an unintentional traffic infraction, he'd be lucky to avoid jail (public mischief=criminal charge VS traffic infraction=misdemeanor fine)....
2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE | Sedan Revolution #283
1984 Copper Metallic Ford Mustang LX
Old 07-01-2014, 04:32 AM   #8
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 21 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
I know that I never want to be in another motorcycle accident. Helmets save lives and should mandatory everywhere. I would not be here today without one.

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 07-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #9
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105071
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 TheHumbleGeek Good Standing Member
Agreed!
Helmets do save lives... Even bicyclists.... My city has dropped the ball... Bell is required but helmet isnt...
2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE | Sedan Revolution #283
1984 Copper Metallic Ford Mustang LX
Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #10
Nexaddo187
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 164530
What I Drive: '14 RR Focus ST(3)

FF Reputation: 1 Nexaddo187 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumbleGeek View Post
I find it interesting that so far, everyone assumes the car did something to provoke that action from the rider. As though, cars are the s, and riders are angels. Im not saying that was the case, but riders do need to keep in mind certain aspects of physics (F=MA, for example)... The bike might be quicker, but the car is ALOT heavier...

On a personal note, if a cyclist broke off my mirror because of an unintentional traffic infraction, he'd be lucky to avoid jail (public mischief=criminal charge VS traffic infraction=misdemeanor fine)....
Guessing you don't ride - then you would see that the roles reverse very quickly to who is the angel and devil.

It's a bias. same reason most guys on cruisers tend to stay away from those on pocket rockets. SS Bikes tend to bring a negative attitude to the culture. The guy in this situation was wrong regardless of what the car did, trying to solve it with physical violence was stupid of him. Don't get it twisted, he ain't right in this situation.

But regardless, in the end, there are ... "interesting".. people in a cage or riding.

And really.. jail for the biker huh? There's a reason a lot of states are going to "no chase" laws in the U.S., don't know how other countries look at the issue. Good luck catching him, alive.

Last edited by Nexaddo187; 07-01-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: meant to type wrong** in this situation.

Bookmarks & Social Networks