michelin pilot super sport 215/45 R17 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
narkotskyb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91412
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 narkotskyb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
michelin pilot super sport 215/45 R17

Mates,

How many use or used this tires? Any actual experience on Focus would be greatly appreciated. I know it's not exactly OEM size tire but I like my 17 inch wheels just fine.

I already did the suspension upgrade and handling is night and day (here is BoM) but since my OEM tires @ 29K already I'm thinking ahead about better tire option going forward.

Rear Sway Bar - Steeda
Springs - Ford Racing Lowering Spring Kits FMS-M-5300-S (linear)
Rear shocks - Bilstein Series: B6 (HD); Rear; 24-196529
Front shocks - (as suggested by Zillon)
AD-1098 F Upper Strut Mounts
AST-12281 LH F Strut (ST-version)
AST-12287 RH F Strut (ST-version)
AD-1094 F Strut Bearings

Last edited by narkotskyb; 10-29-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: misspelled title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Moved to "Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more."
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
quacking05focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64670
What I Drive: 2005 Infra Red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 quacking05focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I have the supersports and love them, easily the best tire I've owned on any car. Grip, steering feedback, lack of road noise...all great and I got the set slightly used with 5k miles on them. Only thing that came close is the Bridgestone re-11 I had on my c6 a few years back.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 2 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
All Michelin Tires are awesome I run the Pilot Sport A/S 2's + Ultra High performance all season sticks like glue in the rain and dry weather.... the only thing you will run into with the super sports is they will wear out faster due to the softer compound but they will handle very well.

You cant go wrong with Michelin period.... the Pilot Sport A/S 3's + are out now little bit better compound and more water sipes for even better wet traction
Old 10-30-2013, 05:09 AM   #5
roswelltop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83279
What I Drive: 2013 SGM SE HATCH, 5 Spd Man

FF Reputation: 1 roswelltop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I ran Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 2011 Foccus and loved them. And I fully intended to replace the the Conti Pro Contacts (CPC's)on my 2013 SE Hatch with the Michelins, but then a couple of things happened.

First, I was prepared to really hate the CPC's as I was not a fan of Continental tires at all. But I in reality, I found them to be generally ok, not great, but not horrific either. OK for OEM.

Second, when I began due diligence for purchase, time and time again Conti Extreme Contact DWS was getting rave reviews from just about every authority and user that I read. Not to mention that a set of four was about $200 cheaper than the Michelins.

I've purchased several sets of tires from the Discount Tires here in Roswell. When I discussed my dilemma with the manager, he assured me that if I was not completely happy with the DWS's that he would swap them for the Michelins or whatever I wanted.

After about 4,500 miles in plenty of wet and dry weather, I could not be happier with these tires. Great grip, extremely quiet, comfortable ride and at a cost that saved me several hundred dollars.

You will not go wrong with Michelins, but if you want a comparable tire with a chance to save some money, check out the Conti DWS / DW's.

Bookmarks & Social Networks