"Sync My Ride's" update is outa sync! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
dave mc g
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120049
What I Drive: 2013 blue se

FF Reputation: 1 dave mc g Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
when I took my car into ford and had the warranty my Sync system and reprogram it they had to physically replace the USB input I'm not sure what happened as I have never removed the USB that I had located in the console to my iPodI have a feeling there will be a recall on the USB parts in the car .possibly they used cheap USB input partswhen I was in having mine worked on they were also to other people with the same problem so I'm not surprised to hear of another unfortunately I hope you can get something figured out I'll let you know if I come across any new information about it as mine has defaulted twice to line in since I had it in the shop I was able to remove my USB cable reconnect it and use voice command to select USB input and was able to use it again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
Lite12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118069
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red Focus SE 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Lite12 Good Standing Member
Wow, that was a long sentence :)
But yeah, I'm not sure what's up yet. I don't think mine has anything to do with the physical connection because it's always available without having to reconnect it, but just have to set it back to the USB about once a week.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Stream
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114682
What I Drive: 2013 SE sedan Ingot Silver Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 Stream Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite12 View Post
Well so much for that, went back to line-in tonite. Oh well, at least it IS up to date FWIW.
Might try a different flash drive, using a Lexar 32GB nano drive now but got a PNY 16GB "normal" sized drive to test drive just to see if it matters.
I just like the tiny ones because you don't have to worry about breaking anything because of it sticking up in the console. If the full size 16GB works I'll get a 16GB nano, maybe it has to do with the size of it (capacity, not physical).
Thanks for the follow up.

I've tried several brands and capacities of flash drives, with the same unacceptable result--default to line-in on restart. I'm currently using a 32GB SanDisk Cruzer Fit (nano size), which I like because it's sits relatively flush. Very annoying to have to reset to USB input all the time.

When I got my car, I had the line-in default issue using my iPhone via BlueTooth, and called SYNC customer support, who told me this was something they did because people were having issues with it defaulting to BT even when no BT device was available. They told me I should use a USB flash drive and would have no issue. Wrong.

I've spoken to SYNC support several times and requested they file this as a customer complaint, and suggest you (and everybody else having the issue) do the same, to increase the probability of them fixing it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks