Going to modify ZX5 - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
GreySkorpion
saved from the grave

Fan#: 94674
What I Drive: 2004 LG ZX5 2.3D

FF Reputation: 11 GreySkorpion Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
You really should give people a chance to respond to each question, otherwise start a survey thread. I have no idea where to start replying to all the scattered questions. Goodluck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
ferret15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83494
What I Drive: 03 zx3 and a screeming yellow eap

FF Reputation: 2 ferret15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think most of that will end up looking like ricer crap by the time you cobble all of it together. Maybe start off with rims a drop, so if you get something it will look better. Right off the bat I think face lift I would paint that chrome grill trim and black out the stock headlights then either get clear corners and then tint. Actually even a light tint would look dark on your car, and the exhaust pipe comming out the back is all rusty so get a tip welded on that looks nice or maybe look into an exhaust. To add you should be able to pick up SVT/ST painted mirror/heated mirror which rock auto might stock too.

My Big concern is that your FIRST thing you noticed and put on your list is probably the only thing I rarely ever notice. Who cares about the antennae. In fact if you really are getting all those parts painted you might as well shave the antenna an have the roof painted.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #23
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Points 11,310, Level 70
Points: 11,310, Level: 70 Points: 11,310, Level: 70 Points: 11,310, Level: 70
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
To answer some of your questions and to re-iterate what 02fordsvt has said..

1. All, yes all sideskirts from 00-07 (U.S.) & 1998-2004(Europe) from all models of Focus will fit, however some sideskirts will be ZX3 specific but they will still fit with some minor cutting.

2. All rear bumpers from 00-07 (U.S.) & 1998-2004(Europe) for all hatchbacks (excluding RS) will fit. The RS bumper will require the quraterpanels to fit since it is a widebody. 02fordsvt has made his SVT front into a widebody so it can be done with modding the rear.

3. Only 05-07 U.S. front parts will work, this includes hood, fenders, grille, bumper, headlights. You can convert your front to the 00-04 U.S. or even the 1998-2004 Europe by swapping all those parts over. If you want the European look, this is the way to go. Just go to a junkyard and get the parts you need for the swap.

As it has been mentioned, start with a tint, wheels, drop and go from there. Also, fix your exhaust, that is bad..
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Points 11,310, Level 70
Level Up 15% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Here is all the Rieger stuff that will fit your car, the front will fit with the 00-04 U.S. fenders, headlights and hood. The rear is just the lower valance, so you'll need to find a European bumper. Check ebay.co.uk or ebay.de for rear bumpers. Keep an eye out for rears in the BST here as well.

All the taillights in your 2nd post will fit.

This is an SAP spoiler. Extreme dimensions likes to claim OEM bodyparts as their own.

This is a Roush spoiler

THis is a 1999 WRC spoiler

The SAP and Roush will show up from time to time in the BST. I have only seen 1 WRC spoiler for sale and it was $800

Have you thought about this spoiler?
http://www.spoilerexpress.com/Ford-F...07-_p_716.html

For headlights, I would just open up your OEM ones and paint them black and install a kit from here, unless you really are planning on going European

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

You need one of these rear bumpers for the European look
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus...item338667066b

Good luck finding a seller to ship to you

More European parts:
http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...nl7ksaca6v00c1
Hatch Nation #8
Old 10-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #25
Pizza Thief
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119986
What I Drive: 2005 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Pizza Thief Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I should just delete this post and start over haha.
Things I want to do to my car to change the look over all and get some what of a euro look, but a look that says it's different and doesn't look generic and stock, and like every other car on the street.
No particular order of what I want done.
1. Lights- headlights, taillights, 3rd brake light, fog lights, and turning lights.
2. Bodykit-bumpers, side skirts.
3. Spoiler upgrade.
4. Tinted windows (i forgot that part, thanks to other's in the forum to opening my eyes to that, even though I've seen it many times.)
5. Lowered-Yes (thanks again to others in the forum.)
6. Rims-I have different rims in mind for my car, really think the stock rims are tacky.
7. Debaging the car, getting rid of the front logo on the grill and a blacked out grill. Losing the decals on the hatchdoor.
8. A different hood, ram jet designed or scooped, but I'm limited on options. Also if I get a different hood, what about the wind shield wiper fluid that sprays onto the car?
Also the 3rd brake lights I've seen don't have the back window washer fluid port.
Air ports that I can add too the sides of the car, built in the side of the car, front and back sides if possible?
9. Different side view mirrors.
10. Engine modifcations are going to come later or course.
11. Exhaust- I wouldn't mind going dual exhaust on it.
12. Different fuel caps and wipers?
Also Iowa weather is unforgiving on cars.

Interior, racing seats, taking out the backseat, putting in a roll cage, upgraded audio system. Better audio interface instead of the stock system.
Want to make my ride, more fun :D
I would have to change out the rims each winter so I can keep the tuner ones nice. Salt and chemicals on the roads are harsh. I would like to work up my car for car shows or clubs, will be fun :)

This the idea I'm going for starters, I do prefer different lights on the vechicle. Trying to get away from the generic stock look.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #26
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Points 11,310, Level 70
Level Up 15% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Rear seat delete guide:
http://shop.tfbdesigns.com/Rear-Seat...seatdelete.htm

Unless you swap front-ends, you will be very limited with bumpers that look nice. The SAP front is the best for 2005-2007, but they are discontinued from Ford. Your other option is the Focus Sport front lip, but that is also discontinued from Ford.

Keep an eye in the classified section for bodyparts: SVT sideskirts, Roush sideskirts, Euro rear bumpers, SAP front, or a complet front swap for true Euro parts, it will take a while and will end up costing more than an aftermarket bodykit, but the result will be worth it.

Wheels, not rimz

For wheels, the European style will be multispoke i.e. ST200, ST170, Ford also released the EAP(European Appearance Package) wheel, it doesn't look as good as the other 2. If you do go aftermarket wheels like those Enkeis, I would stay away from the swiss-cheesed centers, they make the overall appearance of the wheel look like crap.

Focus Sport front lip and EAP wheels:

SAP front:

ST200 wheels:

ST170 wheels:
Hatch Nation #8
Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #27
Pizza Thief
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119986
What I Drive: 2005 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Pizza Thief Good Standing Member