2000 / adding CD Changer - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
rnewscates
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97162
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SPI, 1978 Lotus Esprit

FF Reputation: 1 rnewscates Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2000 / adding CD Changer

Hello, My 2000 has the 4500N stock cassette / radio installed, there is a CD button on it, and the manual says it is compatible with a CD changer - where would the (Ford) CD changer install, and would there be a harness connector there to accomodate it? Thanks All! Bob Springfield, VA
2000 Sedan SPI, I rebuilt the engine when I got it (valve seat dropped)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Your better bet is to just replace the headunit. The factory headunits that came with the fords (besides maybe the blapunkt) are pretty terrible. You can pick up a decent headunit from Crutchfield for $100, and any decent stereo shop should be able to install it for $40 if you dont want to take the time to do it yourself.

Better sound quality, Plays CDs, has an aux port, etc...

Bookmarks & Social Networks