Cosworth intake manifold fitment on 2007 2.0 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Performance (2003-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97562
What I Drive: 2007 Oxford White ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Phestezio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cosworth intake manifold fitment on 2007 2.0

So after much debate and reading i ordered a knock off cosi intake manifold for my 2007 2.0 duratec, mainly to delete my tumbler flaps that are making alot of noise. I know that everyone says there are 2 options to make it fit, either change ps pumps and move the reservoir, or notch about 1/2" off the far side of the manifold. I have been cleaning up the manifold and test fitting it for a few days now and it looks like the ps reservoir is only in the way about 1/2", my idea is to drain the ps reservoir and use a heat gun to soften the plastic and slightly reshape it to clear the new manifold... i'll be trying this in a few days so i'll let you know how it goes but has anyone else gotten it to fit on a 2.0 without modifying the manifold or changing to the 05 ps setup? and has anyone thought about modifying the plastic reservoir instead of the aluminum IM? Just trying to create other options to make this work besides a couple hundred bucks for new ps parts or cutting up a few hundred dollar manifold, it seems like modifying the plastic would be the cheapest and easiest mod to make it fit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76276
What I Drive: 07 Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 RPMisChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
its not the easiest finding a replacement reseviour for the 07. Just make sure you have a spare before you melt and shape it. Post up some pics of your work!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
To mark and cut the intake would be your best and cheapest way to do this , You should be able to get it cut and welded for 75.00 or less

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
just measure and take it to a fabricator. mine cost $60 to do

and good luck getting the PS res to seat correctly once you start melting it
Old 10-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
doublepost
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

yeah i have a couple extra reservoir's laying around so i figured it wouldn't hurt to try to reshape one as an experiment, and i don't plan on melting it just softening it, i've made alot of overflow boxes and stuff for fish tanks by heating plexiglass until its soft enough to reshape but not hot enough to melt yet, i'm not sure how the plastic compound that the reservoir is made of will do but i figured its worth a try, if it doesn't work out i plan on taking it up the street and having it notched it would only be about $65

also tom, i will be purchasing your tuning services in the next couple weeks since i'll be putting this intake on as well as a header, egr delete, pcv delete, and a wideband fuel gauge, i already have an sct livewire and an FSWerks tune but your tuning services are wayyy better value and FSWerks can be hard to work with, i've spoken with you twice in the past and you have given me tons of specific info that i just couldn't find anywhere else, i also have a question about the A/C or blower fan being on causes the car to shake and i watch my load go up and spark advance go down when i switch it on and off and i was wondering if it could possibly be in the tune? but i guess i'll post that problem in another thread, we will be working together much more in the near future haha
Old 10-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
AllCarFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102583
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen Sonic Blue S121

FF Reputation: 1 AllCarFan Good Standing Member
have fun with the bottom bolt on the passenger side!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Budderybunz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107821
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 Budderybunz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
good info, I'm planning on doing a new IM as well on my 07 and this is helpful
Old 10-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
AllCarFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102583
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen Sonic Blue S121

FF Reputation: 1 AllCarFan Good Standing Member
unless your 07 is a drive by wire, this intake will not fit.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

i haven't run into an 07 that is drive by wire, everything 07 and previous should be cable driven and need an IACV on the IM, the cosworth and knock off cosi manifold both have the slot for the IACV so they will work on 07 and previous with the duratec, 08 they went to drive by wire and you can use the mazda 3 weapon r intake manifold, that was my other choice before i realized it didn't have a slot for the IACV so i couldn't use it but the mazda 3 weapon r intake manifold will bolt right up and work fine as long as you are drive by wire, i'm not sure about any notching or anything on that manifold though to make it fit the 2.0, just like the cosi manifold it should bolt right up with no mods on a 2.3 but it might need slight mods to make it fit a 2.0, not sure though but i know if you are drive by wire on a focus you can use the weapon r intake, mazda 3's and focus share the same block

Bookmarks & Social Networks