Installation of electronic a/c temp control - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusKnot View Post
If Yoseff installs his controller in the existing clutch wiring, all the other controls remain in place and the system is fully protected.
The ECU has a set of logic to use based off those sensors before it uses the logic to control the engagement of the clutch.

It sounds like his whole thought was to pull the clutch control out of control of the ECU and run it on his own. If he uses some logic such that the ECU can still override his control of it then it will. but it sounded like he was just going to go in to the wire harness and wire it to his micro controller.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
FocusKnot
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117505
What I Drive: 2004 Red SE Wagon 2.0 Zetec Auto

FF Reputation: 3 FocusKnot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, I agree with what Magnus2727 is saying.

I would not recommend modifying or disconnecting any of the existing A/C controls. Installing the controller's relay in the clutch circuit and leaving everything else as is would be best. The only thing is that the Focus has the clutch diode located in the battery junction box. So, if another relay is added in the wiring to the clutch then another diode would need to be installed. Without the diode the relay arcs when it opens.

One other thing. Sometimes sampling cabin air under the dash is not the ideal location. What can be done to resolve that is to run some small tubing from before the blower out to the passenger compartment and install the sensor at the inlet to the tube. That way a better sample is collected that is more indicative of what the passengers are actually feeling.

Personally in my Focus, I just turn the A/C switch off and on as needed when it is too cold even on the lowest blower setting. But, since Yoseff already has this controller I don't see any reason for him not to give it try. Some people just like to tinker with stuff like this...I am one of them.

Bookmarks & Social Networks