Exhaust Resonator Delete Question - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 AM   #11
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

Points 947, Level 16
Points: 947, Level: 16 Points: 947, Level: 16 Points: 947, Level: 16
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is the one he wants to leave on and remove the two up front I'll be doing it and putting two tips on OEM muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
sfikas
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114830
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Sedan, 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 sfikas Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminoles View Post
That is the one he wants to leave on and remove the two up front I'll be doing it and putting two tips on OEM muffler
How soon do you plan on doing this?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

Points 368, Level 7
Points: 368, Level: 7 Points: 368, Level: 7 Points: 368, Level: 7
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Honestly, given the amount of sound the resonators let through, and the amount the muffler blocks, I'd be really surprised if its worth it..
And are you just talking about two tips on the passenger side?

Also, I really liked how the lunch box delete sounded from inside the car. Even with the windows down. But when I heard it from outside with someone else driving, it sounded horrible. Made all kinds of strange noises when shifting. Just imagine your car farting..
12 SE HB MTX, IE Tuned, Snorkel DLT, Green Filter(Gray), custom 2.5" cat-back w/borla, Steeda RSB & Short Shift Bracket, JBR Solid Shifter Bushing's, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts, Ti Heads, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, De-chromed
Old 03-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #14
Intremag
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105642
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus`

FF Reputation: 1 Intremag Good Standing Member
I hate to resurrect an older thread, but I have taken my car to an exhaust shop, had them chop off the front resonator (or middle? it's in the middle of the car) and left the stock lunchbox. I also added a tip just for looks to the stock lunchbox.

It sounds really nice but it has almost a rattle that bugs the crap out of me and makes it sound cheap. If anybody is interested I can film a video showing what I am talking about. Also if anybody has suggestions on silencing the rattle I am very very interested.]

EDIT: here is the video.

Follow me on Instagram: Intremag
Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #15
ahsfba
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102000
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ahsfba Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intremag View Post
I hate to resurrect an older thread, but I have taken my car to an exhaust shop, had them chop off the front resonator (or middle? it's in the middle of the car) and left the stock lunchbox. I also added a tip just for looks to the stock lunchbox.

It sounds really nice but it has almost a rattle that bugs the crap out of me and makes it sound cheap. If anybody is interested I can film a video showing what I am talking about. Also if anybody has suggestions on silencing the rattle I am very very interested.]

EDIT: here is the video.

When you straight pipe, that same noise shows up, but it is 10x worse. I honestly thought it was the tips rattling against my rear bumper at first. If it wasn't for that noise, I would have kept it straight piped.

On another note, I am currently running the Magnaflow 2.25" system with center res delete. Here's what it sounds like. You can still hear the intake over it. Keep in mind I did this in a closed garage....sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOoTRGuFYMQ
Old 03-11-2014, 12:08 AM   #16
Intremag
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105642
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus`

FF Reputation: 1 Intremag Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsfba View Post
When you straight pipe, that same noise shows up, but it is 10x worse. I honestly thought it was the tips rattling against my rear bumper at first. If it wasn't for that noise, I would have kept it straight piped.

On another note, I am currently running the Magnaflow 2.25" system with center res delete. Here's what it sounds like. You can still hear the intake over it. Keep in mind I did this in a closed garage....sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOoTRGuFYMQ
Yep.. I filmed another video of me actually driving when I got home.. I truely hate the sound. I'm taking my car back to the shop and having them put another resonator on it soon.

Follow me on Instagram: Intremag
Old 06-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #17
JLokiG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 172937
What I Drive: 2009 Silver Focus SE

Points 319, Level 6
Points: 319, Level: 6 Points: 319, Level: 6 Points: 319, Level: 6
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 JLokiG Good Standing Member
Unfortunately, I agree, this sounds odd. I made a face when I heard it, but at the same time liked it, but didn't. Great information going forward though! Thanks!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:18 AM   #18
SEFocus2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114989
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

Points 666, Level 13
Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
FF Reputation: 1 SEFocus2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi_Jo_Nathan View Post
Honestly, given the amount of sound the resonators let through, and the amount the muffler blocks, I'd be really surprised if its worth it..
And are you just talking about two tips on the passenger side?

Also, I really liked how the lunch box delete sounded from inside the car. Even with the windows down. But when I heard it from outside with someone else driving, it sounded horrible. Made all kinds of strange noises when shifting. Just imagine your car farting..
^ this, lol. I have nothing but the stock cat and stock rear muffler on mine and i can tell little to no difference to before when both resonators where on. i do get this like air-y sound when the auto Trans shifts. in all honesty, it kinda sounds like a teeny tiny blow off valve. Like the escaping air sound. Idk, maybe just me tho

Bookmarks & Social Networks