A bit of help needed with my Focus race car - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #41
FastFocus50
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118010
What I Drive: 2000 ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 FastFocus50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The rules allow us to remove the catalytic converter. So it may be easier to remove it and have better performance. Do you know where I can get the what people here refer to as an "off road pipe" ??? I've been searching a bit, but so far no luck. Also, remember I'm in Canada so locally would be preferred just to keep shipping costs down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #42
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
It's also sometimes reffered to as a "Test Pipe". They may not sell one for your car. It may be better to just have one made up at an exhaust shop.
12 SE HB MTX, IE Tuned, Snorkel DLT, Green Filter(Gray), custom 2.5" cat-back w/borla, Steeda RSB & Short Shift Bracket, JBR Solid Shifter Bushing's, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts, Ti Heads, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, De-chromed
Old 09-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #43
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
It will be best just to take it to an exhaust show and ask them to cut and weld in a section then. should be around $40-50 US... at least around here..
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 09-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #44
FastFocus50
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yea, I'm going to drop the exhaust tonight to get a better look. Chop it off and get a pipe bent and made for it. No time to waste, only 14 days until the big race weekend !!!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #45
Leora83
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69136
What I Drive: 2003 ZX5 chrome yellow

FF Reputation: 1 Leora83 Good Standing Member
If you're cutting off the cat, keep it. There are a few recyclers around who will pay you $40-75 for it (if it's OEM). Or, better still, trade it in at the exhaust place in exchange for them making you a straight pipe.

I've heard arguments both ways for keeping or ditching cat and/or muffler. Not sure you'd see much difference unless the cat was actually plugged, but can't see that it would hurt either. Guessing the muffler is a rule requirement.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #46
Leora83
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69136
What I Drive: 2003 ZX5 chrome yellow

FF Reputation: 1 Leora83 Good Standing Member
Hey, how did it run? We were busy fixing wrecked stuff all weekend and the only time I had to go look for you, you weren't around.
And the rest of the time we were in the motorhome supporting the brewing industry.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #47
FastFocus50
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leora83 View Post
Hey, how did it run? We were busy fixing wrecked stuff all weekend and the only time I had to go look for you, you weren't around.
And the rest of the time we were in the motorhome supporting the brewing industry.
I took the Focus out for two practice sessions. First one I had a bad right front tire that vibrated badly. Second one the car ran great and was very fast !! Only it didn't turn well at all. I was only able to get one degree of camber. I over-cooked it going into turn 3, did a 360 and just barely scraped the wall with the front bumper. No damage luckily. I parked it for the weekend and drove the mighty Mazda. Qualified it 12th and finished the feature in 5th out of 28 cars !!! I'm happy with that result for the Mazda with the smallest engine in the field. I now know how to fix the camber problem in my Focus and will have it ready for next year. I'll have lots of time to do more striping too. Looking forward to 2014 !!
How did you guys do ?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #48
FastFocus50
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Old 10-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #49
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFocus50 View Post
I took the Focus out for two practice sessions. First one I had a bad right front tire that vibrated badly. Second one the car ran great and was very fast !! Only it didn't turn well at all. I was only able to get one degree of camber. I over-cooked it going into turn 3, did a 360 and just barely scraped the wall with the front bumper. No damage luckily. I parked it for the weekend and drove the mighty Mazda. Qualified it 12th and finished the feature in 5th out of 28 cars !!! I'm happy with that result for the Mazda with the smallest engine in the field. I now know how to fix the camber problem in my Focus and will have it ready for next year. I'll have lots of time to do more striping too. Looking forward to 2014 !!
How did you guys do ?
How are you thinking to increase the camber?
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #50
FastFocus50
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
How are you thinking to increase the camber?
I'm thinking I can get the lower ball joints made longer at a machine shop so I can re-drill the holes and elongate them so they are adjustable. One ball joint will be longer, the other will have material added to the front and then I can also shave the control arm to get enough camber. Trying to get all 4 degrees on the right side is more important than the left side. I can settle for 2 or 3 degrees on the left.

Bookmarks & Social Networks